Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2017, 10:35   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Unveiling the Solaris in Russia- videos!

volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 21:08   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Accent (Verna) will officially be unveiled at the Toronto Auto show this week.

Quote:
The fifth-generation Accent sedan, which Hyundai says will make its way to markets around the world beginning in the third quarter of 2017, is larger than its predecessor, accelerates quicker, and offers segment-first automatic emergency braking.
Quote:
In terms of size, the 2018 Accent is wider and longer than the 2017 sedan, with an increased wheelbase, though it sits 10 millimitres lower to the ground for better aerodynamics. Not surprisingly, the interior is larger, both in terms of passenger volume and trunk space
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2018hyundaiaccentpremiere.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2018hyundaiaccen.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2018hyundaiaccent.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2018hyundaiaccentworldpriemere.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 08:29   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai's Accent/Verna debuts at the Toronto auto show.

Quote:
The new Accent subcompact still uses a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine, mated to either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. While power is down compared to last year's powerplant (132 horsepower and 119 pound-feet of torque for the 2018 model, compared to 137/123 in the previous generation
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2018hyundaiaccenttorontolive.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-3.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-5.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-9.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-10.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-6.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-7.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-8.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 09:01   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai's Accent/Verna debuts at the Toronto auto show.
Looks like a junior Elantra from the front, and a slightly longer i20 everywhere else, specially the interiors and seats. This seems to be more like a reincarnation of Accent Viva since the side profile of the flowing C-Pillar almost meeting the end of the boot gives it a 5-Door effect.

Looks good, specially the interiors - clean and simple. I was a fan of beige and still am but an interior executed properly in black and grey (not the shiny, sporty jet black type slathered with chrome/silver) gives it an essence of simplicity and coziness that you cannot find in light-colored ones at all. Only the rooftop and pillars need to be beige internally to provide some relief from monotony and perhaps a bit of sense of space.

Personally, the best looking entry sedan I've seen and I suspect it'll look much better in real than in photos. Hope the company has the sense to retain "useful" features like automatic braking, mild hybrid start/stop technology, regenerative braking etc. Useless features like DRL's, Android screen thingy's in the center console and sunroofs can be fully ignored when launching it here (personal opinion). I also wish they'd reintroduce rear wiper into this segment with this rear style, even if the aerodynamics aid in water discharge this is useful. Also as member Ritesh has pointed above, the automatic variant must come in top end trim with all practical features, even if it nudges 15L territory, and the 1.6 litre engine with a 6 speed slushbox/7 speed DSG will make it an instant hit given its tremendous output.
dark.knight is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 09:21   #80
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Wow! That's one good looking car!

The international Verna usually comes in two flavours - one for China and another for the rest of the world. We will definitely get the international flavour shown above, and not the flavour for China revealed earlier at the Guangzhou(?) Motor Show.

The international version is a much better looking, much more cohesive design than the one for China, as the latter looks like an i20 with an a deed boot. The former clearly has an identity of its own, even if it's a family identity.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 10:28   #81
BHPian

No sunroof? Honda for a change seems to be ticking all the right boxes on the side side
Old 17th February 2017, 14:46   #82
Senior - BHPian

With fluidic 2.0 all the new Hyundai cars look great. First the elite and now this. Am sure this will give tough competition to the CITY/CIAZ if priced sensibly. Talking of pricing, HONDA has anyways given sufficient room now for others to price the upcoming facelifts/new-gens higher than their current levels which would ultimately lead to having the C2 segment start/end a couple of lakhs(or more) dearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
No sunroof? Honda for a change seems to be ticking all the right boxes on the side side
RavenAvi's post shows the chinese one having sunroof. If honda can bring it, I doubt Hyundai would like to stay behind. They(hyundai) usually are the benchmark when it comes to features be it any segment

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-sunroof.jpg

Last edited by SoumenD : 17th February 2017 at 14:54.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 23:38   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Personally, the best looking entry sedan I've seen and I suspect it'll look much better in real than in photos. Hope the company has the sense to retain "useful" features like automatic braking, mild hybrid start/stop technology, regenerative braking etc. Useless features like DRL's, Android screen thingy's in the center console and sunroofs can be fully ignored when launching it here (personal opinion). I also wish they'd reintroduce rear wiper into this segment with this rear style, even if the aerodynamics aid in water discharge this is useful. Also as member Ritesh has pointed above, the automatic variant must come in top end trim with all practical features, even if it nudges 15L territory, and the 1.6 litre engine with a 6 speed slushbox/7 speed DSG will make it an instant hit given its tremendous output.
Completely agree with you sir. The verna is the best looking entry sedan. I bought one a few months back and love the quiet cabin (tyres changed from MRF to Michelin). Now every car I get into, even the petrol ones feel noisy.

I am looking forward to the new one with the 6 speed auto. If everything makes proper sense will definitely look to upgrade.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 08:48   #84
BHPian

Well, after the launch of the City 2017, Hyundai has its work cut out. They cannot afford any complacency with the Verna. Not only has Honda given the City the safety features which were Verna's forte (six airbags etc.), it has also gone all out with creature comforts. Better tires, LED lamps, sunroof, big AVN. You name it and City has it. With class leading rear seat and unmatched brand loyalty, Honda City is here to rule.

So, what does Hyundai have to do.
1- Match the features already offered by any of the competitors. 6 speed auto transmission, DRLs, Cruise control, Mild hybrid system etc
2- Load the Verna with features which are unseen in the C Segment. Cornering lamps, TPMS, electric seat adjusters.
3- Emphasize on the rear seat comfort. It is essential for the buyer.
4- Give a warranty which puts others to shame.
5- Price it well. With the City going up and away, there is a nice gap between the Ciaz and the City. Target it.
6- Launch it ASAP

Last edited by drive2eternity : 23rd February 2017 at 09:04.
drive2eternity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 09:57   #85
BHPian

@drive2eternity: I couldn't agree with you more. The Verna was a big success for Hyundai when it was launched. Hope this brand new one will do the same. In my eyes, it looks like a small Elantra,which I think is fabulous looking and very regal.

Hyundai will definitely launch it at a competitive price but start increasing probably within 6 months.

Can't wait to test drive it.
qr20de is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 12:24   #86
BHPian

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2017hyundaivernaofficialimagefront.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2017hyundaivernaofficialimagefrontangle.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2017hyundaivernaofficialimagefrontangle1.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2017hyundaivernaofficialimagerear.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2017hyundaivernaofficialimagerearangle.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-2017hyundaivernaofficialimageside.jpg

The car looks fantastic. Hope its the all black interiors too that come to India.
More details here http://www.carblogindia.com/new-hyun...na-2017-india/
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2017, 12:47   #87
BHPian

The big Qs is when ? Last I heard they were targeting the launch around the festive time 2017. In my view it will be a little too late considering the numbers they can gain from disappointed Honda fans who really liked what Honda has to offer on new City but cannot digest the prices. That's where Hyundai scores indeed.
Old 23rd February 2017, 13:47   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnieboy View Post
The big Qs is when ? Last I heard they were targeting the launch around the festive time 2017. In my view it will be a little too late considering the numbers they can gain from disappointed Honda fans who really liked what Honda has to offer on new City but cannot digest the prices. That's where Hyundai scores indeed.
I think this will also be priced like the city. Only advantages we get would be a super refined engine and a 6 speed auto for the diesel version.
Old 23rd February 2017, 20:04   #89
rbp
BHPian

Hyundai should get the Turbo Charged 1.4 Petrol. They need to have an advantage in the engine department like they have in the Diesel.
rbp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 23:31   #90
BHPian

Few more videos of Hyundai Solaris/Verna

krishnakarthik1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks