Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2017, 14:48   #931
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
And TopGear rates the car 8/10 with some curious observations. Quite ironic considering the previous gen Vernas were being criticised for it's ride and handling.
why do you think that so? The new gen Verna is not just a facelift but a completely new model. Every one that has driven the car has mentioned it's ride and handling are much improved.
Infact all of the newer Hyundai car's are moving the right direction when it comes to ride, handling and dynamics.

Regards
Old 19th September 2017, 14:51   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
For those who've got the petrol top end automatic,

1. Kitna deti hai? Just curious to see how the petrol automatic model is being frugal. The older petrol auto was a notorious gas guzzler.
Did a 200 km drive on a weekend with 2 passengers and very minimum luggage. The mileage returned was 14.4 km/litre. The maximum speed I did was 80 kmph.
2. Do you guys really use the ventilated seats? Does it provide a noticeable difference?
The ventilated seats were used, and oh yes, it did make a lot of difference particularly with the sun shining brightly outside.
3. How's the handling so far? The diesel being heavier would have different dynamics but how's the petrol handling?
Handling was good with the speed being not more than 80 kmph. The small stretch of bad road that we encountered was handled very well by the suspension which I feel is on the harder side.
Old 19th September 2017, 15:12   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
why do you think that so? The new gen Verna is not just a facelift but a completely new model. Every one that has driven the car has mentioned it's ride and handling are much improved.
Infact all of the newer Hyundai car's are moving the right direction when it comes to ride, handling and dynamics.
Well, looks like my comment didn't come across how I intended. I was rather highlighting the pros in comparison with older models and I completely agree that ride and handling is good in new Verna. Infact I am waiting for my car to be delivered
Old 19th September 2017, 17:56   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Was looking for a good Petrol powered car in the ~15 lakh range and had narrowed down the Creta SX+
With the launch of the new Verna, the Creta feels like a barebones package for the top end petrol.
I was comparing the Verna SX Petrol (which is superb value for money) with the similarly priced Creta E+ Petrol.

Below are the features missing on the Creta:
  • Reverse parking camera & sensors
  • Fog Lamps
  • Defogger
  • Height adjust belts
  • Speed sensing locks
  • Auto Headlamps
  • Electro chromic mirror
  • Alloys
  • Projector Headlamps
  • DRLs & Cornering Lamps
  • Shark Fin antenna
  • climate control
  • Height adjustable seats
  • Auto OVRMs

However, what it misses in features, it makes up for it (well, not entirely!), in interior space, SUV styling and ground clearance.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 18:07   #935
BHPian

Quote:
The only redeeming factor for the Verna was that the seats are contoured better and have better thigh support.
Wonder why we are even having this discussion comparing Creta with Verna. While i am not singling out this specific response, but I see people wonering whether they should buy a Creta or a Verna. Hyundai wants you to believe that Verna and Creta cater to two different customer segments. You either belong to the Creta (C segment SUV) segment or a Verna (C segment sedan) segment. Stating the obvious, one cannot be in the market at a given point in time shopping for both at the same time. Products are not designed and sold keeping in mind overlapping/confused customer segments. Then we should not have 'segments', rather a 'continuum'

For instance, someone was comparing the boot sizes of both vehicles. And then Ground Clearance ... . But why?
Old 19th September 2017, 18:16   #936
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
For instance, someone was comparing the boot sizes of both vehicles. And then Ground Clearance ... . But why?
This is a very common scenario. Customers decide a budget and mostly have a set of criteria they would like their new vehicles to have. Within these - they set out to find their best choice of vehicle. For example - A costumer might have a 15L budget, wants a good diesel engine, and all safety features. He would certainly look at these two vehicles - the Verna and Creta.

Even looking at the sales history of the previous generation Verna, it is clear that the customers started comparing the Verna to the Creta after its launch and migrated. It was not the City that really impacted the Verna - it was the Creta.

Looking beyond Hyundai - it's a global shift towards SUVs, across segments. The C segment and D segment sedans are struggling because of the rise of their corresponding SUV segments. The traditional SUVs like Safari and Scorpio were a big departure from the sedans and had their own patrons, but the crossovers really offer the best of both worlds and buyers tend to compare them with sedans.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 19:12   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Stating the obvious, one cannot be in the market at a given point in time shopping for both at the same time. Products are not designed and sold keeping in mind overlapping/confused customer segments.
This can go very off topic, but the fact that consumers do it is why few analysts are claiming that C segment sedans are struggling to separate themselves from both the sub 4m SUV and crossovers.

Most people look for the best car in X budget. Most ownership reviews you will see here on Team BHP will show that the buyer has tested cars across multiple segments. Primary concern for most buyers is price. Shape comes after that.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 21:04   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Stating the obvious, one cannot be in the market at a given point in time shopping for both at the same time. Products are not designed and sold keeping in mind overlapping/confused customer segments. Then we should not have 'segments', rather a 'continuum'

We have segments in the market and they are defined by price. Both Verna & Creta fall in the same segment C2. As others have mentioned here, customers look at price and try to get the best vehicle for their money. But other than that here are other reasons you might want to compare these two in particular:

1. Same company so exact same buying and servicing experience.
2. Same engine
3. Almost the same infotainment system
4. Same alloys
5. Similar handling, suspension and steering philosophy
6. Similar HVAC system and controls

So you can see, they are very similar cars, just different bodyshells.
Old 21st September 2017, 23:29   #939
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for the official review. Its been almost a month since launch. Is a tbhp review coming? Can't say if it usually takes this long.
Old 22nd September 2017, 07:53   #940
BHPian

Quote:
We have segments in the market and they are defined by price. Both Verna & Creta fall in the same segment C2.

You forgot to mention that they are based on different platforms which are leagues apart. One drive on undulated, bumpy roads is enough even for a novice to understand the differences.
Old 22nd September 2017, 08:08   #941
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We have segments in the market and they are defined by price. Both Verna & Creta fall in the same segment C2. As others have mentioned here, customers look at price and try to get the best vehicle for their money. But other than that here are other reasons you might want to compare these two in particular:

1. Same company so exact same buying and servicing experience.
2. Same engine
3. Almost the same infotainment system
4. Same alloys
5. Similar handling, suspension and steering philosophy
6. Similar HVAC system and controls

OT: Segments are normally defined by size and body type, and then by the brand positioning.
By the logic you mentioned above a BMW 520d is pointless because its similar to a 320d.

Creta is the best seller in its segment because Hyundai pretty well nailed on the requirements the buyer look for in its segment. Same goes with the Verna also – for me it has got the ingredients to be successful when pitted against the likes of City, Ciaz etc.
Old 22nd September 2017, 08:15   #942
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Eagerly waiting for the official review. Its been almost a month since launch. Is a tbhp review coming? Can't say if it usually takes this long.
Tiguan and Nexon are still in the pipeline.

So, Verna being a very important launch will take time as well, and should mostly come out after the above two.
Old 22nd September 2017, 08:57   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Both Verna & Creta fall in the same segment C2.
Will have to disagree with you there buddy. But the difference in platform surely is evident like drive2eternity has said below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
They are based on different platforms which are leagues apart. One drive on undulated, bumpy roads is enough even for a novice to understand the differences.
I've driven the previous gen Verna, Fluidic Elantra, Creta, new Elantra and new Verna. And I must say the difference is obvious. Although the Creta's ride was improved over the old Verna and Elantra, the K2 platform surely has been a drastic improvement. The new Elantra felt so much more confident around corners and undulating roads than the Fluidic Elantra. And there's a reason why the new Verna is called a baby Elantra, and it's not just skin deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Creta is the best seller in its segment because Hyundai pretty well nailed on the requirements the buyer look for in its segment. Same goes with the Verna also – for me it has got the ingredients to be successful when pitted against the likes of City, Ciaz etc.
Indeed! The Verna surely has got enough to give others a run for their money!

Last edited by GKR9900 : 22nd September 2017 at 08:58.
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2017, 19:53   #944
BHPian

Friends, pardon me if this was already discussed.

I was going through the 2017 Verna brochure and noticed that they have mentioned only "ABS" and not "ABS with EBD". The earlier generation Verna had ABS with EBD.

Can anyone who has taken delivery of 2017 Verna confirm if it is only ABS or ABS with EBD? If I understand correctly, ABS and EBD can exist independently of each other. However, how important is EBD? Just wondering why Verna has omitted EBD or is it only in brochure?
Old 27th September 2017, 08:57   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Friends, pardon me if this was already discussed.

I was going through the 2017 Verna brochure and noticed that they have mentioned only "ABS" and not "ABS with EBD". The earlier generation Verna had ABS with EBD.

Can anyone who has taken delivery of 2017 Verna confirm if it is only ABS or ABS with EBD? If I understand correctly, ABS and EBD can exist independently of each other. However, how important is EBD? Just wondering why Verna has omitted EBD or is it only in brochure?
Image from the manual. My assumption is that its with ABS+EBD.
Attached Images

lightpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks