Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2017, 19:43   #976
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post
I have dealt with HMP in the past and their customer service and follow-ups have been supreme. This could be one off case with a specific showroom, I suggest that you report this to Hyundai when they call you for your feedback after purchase
Agree. Emotions got the better of me. I was not rational in posting such a strong message. Trying to delete the earlier post but it is not allowing me.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 19:57   #977
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Very good point. I have been very unhappy with the handling of the delivery of my Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX(O) CRDi. Coming from Maruti over the last decade and half, Hyundai service is like 10 notches below Maruti.

This is not the kind of experience you look for after signing a cheque for 16 lakhs - sub-standard experience
+1.

I am having a tough time with Hyundai and their useless dealership. It's been over 48 days and no sign of my Creta.

Even as of today at 5pm, the latest update is, cars haven't started from factory for Hyderabad dealerships. Being a weekend I mean Saturday and Sunday is a holiday @ Factory. No dispatches have been done. By Monday morning 11am I will be getting an update as when shipments will happen and when is tentative delivery going to happen.

Delivery date committed by dealer is Diwali (18th).

Reconsidering my decision of getting the Creta and looking for alternatives.

Last edited by a4anurag : 14th October 2017 at 19:59.
Old 14th October 2017, 20:19   #978
BHPian

Found this video on youtube, comparing Verna and Creta in hindi. I know that this comparison may not make sense for some of you as we are comparing totally different vehicles. I am looking to change my car with a budget of 15 to 20 lacs and both Verna and Creta fits in the category

Can anyone, who has driven both the cars, validate there claims? The car will be driven by me alone and use of back seats will be almost nil. I am inclined to Verna mainly due to its variety of features

Old 14th October 2017, 21:36   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Found this video on Youtube, comparing Verna and Creta in hindi. I know that this comparison may not make sense for some of you as we are comparing totally different vehicles. I am looking to change my car with a budget of 15 to 20 lacs and both Verna and Creta fits in the category

Can anyone, who has driven both the cars, validate there claims? The car will be driven by me alone and use of back seats will be almost nil. I am inclined to Verna mainly due to its variety of features

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=PBUsngGUQg0
For a car north of 15 lakhs, cruise control is a must. Creta does not have cruise control. Plus the Verna will be better on mileage being lighter
Most importantly, though the engines are same Creta torque is 260Nm from 1900 rpm - 2750 rpm while Verna torque is 260 Nm from 1500 rpm - 3000 rpm, which means better driveability with fewer gear changes.

Last but not the least, Verna is based on Elantra platform while Creta is based off the older platform
bhpfaninblr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 13:32   #980
BHPian

Got delivery of the new verna. Pics here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ml#post4287747
bhpfaninblr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 15:05   #981
BHPian

Hyundai Verna 1.6L CRDi vs Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi

Dear All,

I am looking for a car in the range of 15 to 17 lacs and I have narrowed it down to Hyundai Verna and Creta. The model I intend to buy is SX (O) of Verna or Creta

Creta, as we all know, is slightly over-priced while Verna offers lot many features at a price lesser than Creta. I went through few reviews and did some comparison and found that Verna has better driveability (torque, body roll, braking, refinement etc.)

I have always been inclined to own a SUV but Verna's design, features, power, music system etc. have put me in real confusion.

The car will be used by me alone for most of the time with rare occupancy in passenger seat

Please let me know your opinions and though process

Thanks
mudhasir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 16:31   #982
BHPian

Is the official team bhp review on verna coming up anytime?. It has been 2 months since the launch. I am refreshing the official review section four times a day.

Is it coming anytime soon?
drashkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 16:46   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
Is the official team bhp review on verna coming up anytime?. It has been 2 months since the launch. I am refreshing the official review section four times a day.

Is it coming anytime soon?
We have already bought. Official review is more for prospective buyers.
Agree about the "feel good" factor associated with the ownership of an awesomely reviewed car. So looking forward as well
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 17:27   #984
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna 1.6L CRDi vs Hyundai Creta 1.6L CRDi

Has to be the Verna. Positives over Creta are:

# Later platform based on elantra and not i20. Better safer platform
# Cruise Control
# Bigger boot
# Lower ground clearance and consequent stability
# More torque at lower rpm in Verna. 260 Nm of torque 1500 rpm to 3000 rpm. 250 Nm at 1250 rpm. In contrast, Creta makes 260 Nm 1900 to 2750 rpm
bhpfaninblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 20:46   #985
BHPian

I will go with bhpfaninblr. It has to be the Verna.
From most reviews that I read, they have stiffened the whole chassis, compared to the last gen which just had stiffened suspension.So, the new Verna is definitely a much better handler than the Creta - less body roll as well. Since you will be the one driving it and mostly without passengers, I think the Verna will provide you with more 'Smiles per gallon'.
Also, the Verna's boot is capacious enough for the odd vacation luggage. I myself own the last-gen Verna and the bootspace has been more than adequate.
Add to all these, the pricey nature of the Creta, the Verna is a no-brainer.
Rohan24 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 00:06   #986
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for a car in the range of 15 to 17 lacs and I have narrowed it down to Hyundai Verna and Creta. The model I intend to buy is SX (O) of Verna or Creta
Could you tell us how much difference there is in OTR pricing between the 2 in your city?

Unless you need the SUV stance, I guess the Verna offers more value and might be better to drive.
Geo_Ipe is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 10:28   #987
BHPian

I have a couple of questions for the Verna owners

Question 1:
The Verna is eager to move and more so when we engage reverse gear. So while reversing, one has to depress the clutch quite a bit. Is this bad for the engine?
My Ritz Vdi had no clutch problem in 4.5 years. Want to make sure about the same with the Verna

What is the guideline on the extent of clutch press while reversing?

Question 2:
In general, in a car that is eager to move, in bumper to bumper traffic, we have to engage the clutch. Is the half pressed clutch bad for the car?

Overall, supremely refined engine, great pickup and awesome gear box. Liking the Verna quiet a bit - My son loves the sunroof!
I should be getting the number plates from the showroom today
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 11:11   #988
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
I have a couple of questions for the Verna owners
Quote:
The Verna is eager to move and more so when we engage reverse gear. So while reversing, one has to depress the clutch quite a bit. Is this bad for the engine ?

What is the guideline on the extent of clutch press while reversing ?
The clutch should be depressed completely everytime, doesn't matter if you are changing gears or starting to move in 1st/reverse. It will be bad for the engine if you don't do this because you will be lugging the engine. What you are doing right now is, using the torque of the engine to move without any throttle input, but to do this you are half clutching along with the engine barely maintaining the idle rpm. This will lug the engine and it is the worst thing for a new engine. Many manufacturers specify in the owners manuals that one should always press the clutch all the way down. Your clutch will also last longer if you don't keep on slipping the clutch.

This is what Tata says for it's Nexon
Name:  20171016 11.20.40.png
Views: 2557
Size:  252.5 KB

Quote:
In general, in a car that is eager to move, in bumper to bumper traffic, we have to engage the clutch. Is the half pressed clutch bad for the car ?
Yes, as stated above, half clutching is bad. You are slipping the clutch so that you don't have to use the throttle but it's not good. In traffic jams you have to keep on going from N to 1st and 1st to N, keeping the car in 1st with the clutch pressed is also bad. If this practice of half clutching becomes a habit, you will have a tough time in traffic jams on inclines. You will heat up the clutch plates and this will leave you stranded.

Last edited by OSH : 16th October 2017 at 11:28.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 14:09   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
The clutch should be depressed completely everytime, doesn't matter if you are changing gears or starting to move in 1st/reverse. It will be bad for the engine if you don't do this because you will be lugging the engine. What you are doing right now is, using the torque of the engine to move without any throttle input, but to do this you are half clutching along with the engine barely maintaining the idle rpm. This will lug the engine and it is the worst thing for a new engine. Many manufacturers specify in the owners manuals that one should always press the clutch all the way down. Your clutch will also last longer if you don't keep on slipping the clutch.

This is what Tata says for it's Nexon
Thanks for your inputs. I think I did not describe properly. By half clutch I do not mean half pressing the clutch, while pressing the accelerator. I meant releasing the clutch slowly as the car begins to move. When I start the car and put it in reverse as I need to take it out, as soon as I put it in reverse and start releasing the clutch, vehicle starts to go backward. I then put it in first gear and then forward.

My key points:
a) Half clutch refers to depressing clutch half and pressing the accelerator - to be avoided
b) Releasing the clutch to move vehicle slowly forward or backward without accelerator input is okay
c) Clutch is to be fully pressed while changing gears

It is not possible to keep clutch fully depressed and press accelerator as the clutch pressed will disengage the engine. Correct?

Last edited by Aditya : 16th October 2017 at 17:17. Reason: Fixing quote tag
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 14:50   #990
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
I meant releasing the clutch slowly as the car begins to move. When I start the car and put it in reverse as I need to take it out, as soon as I put it in reverse and start releasing the clutch, vehicle starts to go backward. I then put it in first gear and then forward.
It won't be harmfull as long as you don't let the engine lug. Keep an eye on the rev meter, it should not fall below 900-1000 rpm.

BTW, I just now understood what you actually are going through, the reason you can move your car without throttle inputs while starting is because when you start your car the engine is cold, the ECU automatically raises the rpm to get the engine upto running temperature. Now because of this the rpm is at approx 1300-1400 and so when you leave the clutch slowly the car will move without you physically pressing the throttle, but actually your car is getting throttle through the ECU. There should be a light on the console indicating a cold engine, as long as this light glows the rpm will be raised. Don't know if the Verna has this light, it's present in Honda City's 2nd and 3rd gen but missing in the 4th gen.

Quote:
Half clutch refers to depressing clutch half and pressing the accelerator - to be avoided
Yes, at all times. This is called riding the clutch, where people rest their foot on the clutch even when they are not changing gears, what they are doing is not allowing all the engine's power to go through the transmision because the clutch is partially engaged all the time, this will lead to premature failure of clutch components and bad FE.

Quote:
Releasing the clutch to move vehicle slowly forward or backward without accelerator input is okay
Even though I don't recommend this, it's fine till the engine doesn't lug.

Quote:
Clutch is to be fully pressed while changing gears
Yup, it prevents the gears from grinding and also makes gear shifts very smooth without jerks/jolts.

Quote:
It is not possible to keep clutch fully depressed and press accelerator as the clutch pressed will disengage the engine. Correct?
This will rev up the engine but no power will be transfered to the transmisssion. When I was learning to drive my father had told me one thing, if the clutch goes down throttle should be up and if throttle is pressed clutch should be up. Basically if your left leg is going down towards the floor, your right leg should be coming up from the floor and visa-versa.

Last edited by OSH : 16th October 2017 at 14:55.
OSH is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks