Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2017, 00:25   #1051
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinium15 View Post
IMHO the 'ceramic coating under the cover' is just marketing BS - the coating is actually meant to be done on the car to protect paint against minor scratches of all kinds, including those happening due to frequent use of cover (the minute dust particles that get trapped on the inside of the cover tend to produce inevitable minute scratches when putting/removing the cover)
Thanks for letting me know. They do a lot of marketing as we have found with me!
I was looking for a cover that even with frequent use won't damage the paint and the salesperson said this will not harm the paint with scratches due to the cover. Hoping for the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by actinium15 View Post
Good to know that! Perhaps you can check the brand as abhinav recommended and share - I'd want to buy one for my older generation Verna if they make one for it. Not to mention it'll be helpful for other new gen Verna owners.
Sure - will check. The cover is in the car now and am lazy to take the photo right now. Will send the details tomorrow morning
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 19:39   #1052
BHPian

As promised, here is the cover. I could not find the brand name in the cover with certainty. Maybe it is Mobis or Hyundai Genuine Parts. Looks like this is manufactured by Hyundai

A great product and love this one
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img20171108wa0009.jpg  

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img20171108wa0008.jpg  

bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2017, 09:52   #1053
BHPian

Got my extended warranty done at 18362Rs including GST for 4th and 5th year for my Flame orange SxO Diesel Manual Next Gen Verna. Recieved my RC.

Car is up for 1st free service on coming monday. Have booked service request through hyundai care app and got a call back in flat 5 minutes from the dealership

Last edited by drashkum : 10th November 2017 at 09:55.
Old 12th November 2017, 19:14   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Drove the 2017 Verna Diesel MT on Friday. It was the SX variant which costs 13.10 OTR over here. The SX AT diesel costs about 14.7 and that gets a sunroof in addition.

The car looks neat from the outside. Especially the rear and side profile with those gorgeous alloys. Not a big fan of the front where it tries to pull off the design theme of the 2014 Fiesta just like the latest Dzire.
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_20171110_132523835.jpg

Once you are inside, what gets you is the great quality of plastics and the sheer fit and finish of the Hyundai inside out. Mind you, there is no soft touch plastic on the inside but all the stalks, AC vents etc. feel so well built and has a great tactile feel.
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_20171110_131151771_hdr.jpg

The visibility is also great from the front.
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_20171110_131128285.jpg

The 7" display is apparently better than the unit in Creta and performs better under bright sun.
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_20171110_130658874_hdr.jpg

The cabin looks roomy, but I was thoroughly disappointed with the seats. Even the front seats lacks sufficient under thigh support. No, I am not comparing to the seats on the Fiesta, but this one isn't as good as the ones in Swift even. Also, the fabric felt cheap and the color on offer is poor.
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_20171110_130834787.jpg

The rear seats do not get proper head rests. The seat back look sufficiently large to accommodate most people, but I hate it when the rear bench doesn't get adjustable head rests. Don't miss the ISOFIX. Too bad the AT also doesn't get 6 airbags in SX trim.
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_20171110_132355759_hdr.jpg

Hyundai's 1.6 is my favoruite diesel engine below 15 lakhs. And guess what? They have improved it further on the new Verna. There is no apparent turbo lag while the engine pulls so clean and smooth through the rev range and you reach silly speeds in no time. And it is missing none of the superb NVH which was always the stand out trait of the engine. Besides, the clutch is super light and the shifts are superb with a very short throw. I just love this powertrain.
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_20171110_132252664.jpg

Hence the car is very easy to drive. All controls are really effortless and you can just get from point A to B without putting much effort even with the manual transmission.

And that brings us to the biggest problem with the car. There is not much improvement in the new platform for a keen driver. It is still not an engaging car to drive save for that gorgeous diesel motor.

The suspension though better than before is still not capable of handling high speeds and you do get scared and will slow down while going over bumpy bits on the road. The suspension also bottomed out on a slight dip on the road when I crossed it with a bit of speed. I think Creta got a slight edge over the new Verna when it comes to ride.

But given a choice between the City diesel and Verna, I would pick the latter. It a much more complete car and you also save quite a bit of money.

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th November 2017 at 11:05. Reason: Typo reported. Thanks.
deetjohn is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 13:31   #1055
BHPian

For any prospective buyers, I have heard from multiple showrooms in Bangalore that there is an imminent price hike. I am not sure this is for making you fast-track the booking though. One Sales manager told me that, there is fright charge hike also planned which would end up increasing the price.

Does any of you think this information is true? Or will they hold on the price hike until the new year?

Last edited by aneeshtn : 13th November 2017 at 13:31. Reason: Speeling change.
Old 13th November 2017, 14:08   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshtn View Post
For any prospective buyers, I have heard from multiple showrooms in Bangalore that there is an imminent price hike. I am not sure this is for making you fast-track the booking though. One Sales manager told me that, there is fright charge hike also planned which would end up increasing the price.

Does any of you think this information is true? Or will they hold on the price hike until the new year?
I don't have any concrete info but can speculate from what I understand.

I had posted an article from NDTV a little while back where they mentioned that although the bookings for the Verna have crossed 20,000 units, Hyundai might only increase the prices from January.

Also, couple of weeks ago I had been to both Advaith & Trident Hyundai to check out the new Verna. Although they had some cars in stock, they quoted a two month waiting period for fresh orders. The waiting period quoted by the dealers and the turn of the year coincides at this point of time. Two months from now would most likely mean a January 2018 invoicing & delivery. So I think the Hyundai would only raise its prices from 01-Jan-2018 on-wards and not immediately; but anyone making a fresh booking now might have to pay the higher prices anyway, if Hyundai does decide on a hike.

If you need a car immediately or want to avoid a price hike you can check with the dealers if they have some cars in stock. You may not get the colour of your choice though.
red.devil_19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 14:27   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post

If you need a car immediately or want to avoid a price hike you can check with the dealers if they have some cars in stock. You may not get the color of your choice though.
I am in touch with Blue Hyundai and they do have close to 5 top end manual diesel in White and another color. Trident was ready to deliver the car by 2nd week of December if I make a fresh booking by EOD today even though they do not have any stock.
aneeshtn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 14:35   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
I am in touch with Blue Hyundai and they do have close to 5 top end manual diesel in White and another color. Trident was ready to deliver the car by 2nd week of December if I make a fresh booking by EOD today even though they do not have any stock.
That's great. In that case I think you can make a booking now if it's feasible for you. I don't think for a December delivery, you'd have to pay higher prices. Manufacturers invariably raise the prices of their cars in the new year. I don't think they'll increase the prices now and then again in January.

But do get it in writing from the dealer over email that they will deliver the car by December 2017! The last thing you want is they promise you a date and at the end, delay it till January and you're forced to pay the new prices.
Edit: just wanted to point out as well that I hope you have taken into account the slight impact on resale value you'll be having on a 2017 model vs a 2018 model. Of course it doesn't matter if you're keeping the car for a long term. And also if the hike is steep then again it makes more sense to get the car at the current prices in 2017.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 19th November 2017 at 00:25.
Old 13th November 2017, 17:29   #1059
BHPian

Quote:

Edit: just wanted to point out as well that I hope you have taken into account the slight impact on resale value you'll be having on a 2017 model vs a 2018 model. Of course it doesn't matter if you're keeping the car for a long term. And also if the hike is steep then again it makes more sense to get the car at the current prices in 2017.
I am planning to keep it for a long time if I end up buying it.

Just a question regarding getting things in writing, I am planning to sell my car while buying it. They offered me a price which was a bit below the price I was expecting after their evaluation. To compensate that, they told me they would reduce an amount from insurance to make up for it. Should I get that also in writing? They were not very keen to do that though saying it's an internal thing of sorts. Does it even make sense?
Old 13th November 2017, 17:47   #1060
BHPian

Just one more question, how do I know this car was not used in a showroom or anywhere else for display? Or worst case, as a test drive car. I apologize if I sound silly, but I am genuinely worried.
Old 13th November 2017, 17:58   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to keep it for a long time if I end up buying it.

Just a question regarding getting things in writing, I am planning to sell my car while buying it. They offered me a price which was a bit below the price I was expecting after their evaluation. To compensate that, they told me they would reduce an amount from insurance to make up for it. Should I get that also in writing? They were not very keen to do that though saying it's an internal thing of sorts. Does it even make sense?
I know, they're not always willing to put things in writing. I had a similar situation when I purchased my Beat back in 2012, where they said they'll offer me many free accessories if I booked by so & so date, but did not want to give it in writing anywhere. I don't quite understand why if they don't have anything to hide. For me, it's just a part of business ethics. Being part of the service industry I myself make sure at the end of every client call, there is a Minutes of Meeting sent cause if it ain't in writing, its not official! But lets hope the dealer is genuine and will keep their word. For me, the sales executive turned out to be a genuinely good person and was a delight to work with during the buying process.

Just to be safe, what I would do in such a case is, consolidate all the verbal discussions / agreement you have had, along with the name of the sales executive, in a mail and send it to the dealer's offical email ID (after making an official booking of course). You can ask them to acknowledge the same via an email reply. And also leave a disclaimer stating something like 'if they don't reply to the mail, then the content of the mail is deemed accepted by the dealer'. They'll either reply to you or they won't but you make it official so you have something to fall back on, in case of a dispute.
Quote:
Just one more question, how do I know this car was not used in a showroom or anywhere else for display? Or worst case, as a test drive car. I apologize if I sound silly, but I am genuinely worried.
It's not silly at all. Its a valid question and I am sure many people have this fear. Make sure before the car is registered in your name, that you do a thorough inspection during daylight. You should carry the team bhp PDI checklist with you. Look at the odometer readings; shouldn't be too high. Check the manufacturing date by inspecting the VIN. Look for any dents / scratches or difference in paint shades. The interior should give you the feeling of an unused car. There have been cases where the dealers have tried to pull a fast one on unsuspecting customers. But those cases are rare I would think. Just subtly let them know you're a knowledgeable buyer and I'm sure you'll have a positive buying experience!

Last edited by tsk1979 : 19th November 2017 at 00:25. Reason: spell in quoted post
Old 13th November 2017, 22:37   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
So I think the Hyundai would only raise its prices from 01-Jan-2018 on-wards and not immediately; but anyone making a fresh booking now might have to pay the higher prices anyway, if Hyundai does decide on a hike.
Yes, unlikely they will hike prices before Jan 2018. That will be an incentive for the buyers to pick the remaining 2017 manufactured cars!

Quote:
Check the odo of the car. It should be less than 50km for a new car.

Also look at the chassis number underneath the driver seat. The last alphabet indicates the month. *J will indicate September. *K will indicate November and so on. A later manufactured car is unlikely to have been used as a test drive car
Old 17th November 2017, 22:23   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Got a chance to test drive the Verna Diesel manual and petrol auto today.
Let me cut to the chase and say that the diesel engine is a gem, it is so refined and tractable at the same time.

But today I want to talk about the Petrol Auto SX(O).
The engine is super refined and at idle there is no hint of an engine running upfront.
It was fairly long test drive in an around my locality with plenty of traffic (thanks to the metro work) and one brief stretch of road where I could take it to 80-90 KMPH.
Before starting off I reset the trip meter to get an inkling of the mileage figures.
The driving experiece was very pleasant, my left leg never left so relaxed and the drive in traffic did not fray my nerves. It was that good.

Now let me talk a little bit about the gearbox. The car picks up speed smartly with no jerks.
The gear changes are almost imperceptible, I have a fairly sedate driving style and never did I feel the gearbox fumble/confused.
I also did try tiptronic mode wherein one can manual change gears, no complaints there too.

Despite the reasonably firm suspension, the car soaks up the bumps really well and the thuds do not filter inside. The ride too is very pliant.
While at speed the car does not wallow with the vertical movements well in control.
One key area I wanted to check was the ground clearance and whether the car scrapes on those car breakers. I am happy to report that Verna passes this with flying colors.
We were 4 of us in the car and never did the car scrape its bottom unlike my 2011 Honda City that scrapes its bottom on almost every hump.

The Verna's biggest party trick has to be its ventilated front seats, they are really effective albeit a little slow to take effect.
I also got a chance to check the projector headlights throw, and I'am happy to report they're bright and very effective.
And now coming to the mileage figure for my test drive - 9.0 kmpl. At one stage it reach 9.9KMPL but never did it reach 2 figures.
For the kind of road condition and traffic I feel this is the best as it can get. So don't expect anything more than 8-9 kmpl in the city.

What I like:
1. Amazing engines (both petrol and diesel) with diesel being a clear favorite
2. Great balance of ride and handling - Never thought we could say this about a Hyundai
3. SX(O) models are loaded - Wont be left wanting for more
4. 6 Speed automatic gearbox compliments the car well (atleast the petrol, haven't tried the diesel auto)
5. Clutch action is pretty light
6. Seat ventilation is really effective
7. The throw from the projector headlamp is good
8. The dash and its layout - Everything is laid out nicely and falls logically to hand. I also loved the white and blue illumination.

What could better:
1. Better leg room - The Honda City has the Verna beat here, the City also seats its passenger a little higher. But not really a deal breaker for me. I stll had over 3-4 inches when I sat in the rear, I am 5.11.
2. Besides the driver window switch, none of the window switches are illumiated. This is a big miss, even the Tata Nexon has all the power window switches along with OVRM control nicely illuminated.
3. I would have liked the fuel efficiency to be better - This will be one thing that will pinch during each fuel ups.

So summing it up. I am really enamoured by the new Verna and I am keen on booking once I get some clarity on my travel. Now looking towards more ownership review and of course the Offical Team-BHP review.
I have attached the Mumbai pricelist shared by Shreem Hyundai. SX(O) petrol costs 15L, needless to say there aren't any offers.

Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-whatsapp-image-20171117-17.38.39.jpeg  

Last edited by tsk1979 : 19th November 2017 at 00:24.
hiren.mistry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 23:44   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Got a chance to test drive the Verna Diesel manual and petrol auto today.
Let me cut to the chase and say that the diesel engine is a gem, it is so refined and tractable at the same time.

But today I want to talk about the Petrol Auto SX(O).
The engine is super refined and at idle there is no hint of an engine running upfront.
The features in the SX(O) trims are great and you will fall in love with them. The one I like the most is cruise control. The auto folding rear view mirrors and the smart trunk come next followed by the Autolink app and ventilated seats.
And the 1.6 CRDi engine is an absolute gem.
I would suggest you go with the diesel than the petrol.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 19th November 2017 at 00:24.
Old 19th November 2017, 00:01   #1065
BHPian

Am in search for my car upgrade and am looking for a proper full size sedan.

Checked the new Verna at two dealers, Sai Auto and ShreeM (Mumbai).
Surprisingly, both the dealers did not have Petrol Manual transmission for test drive.

So, Petrol auto and Diesel are the ones they have for test drive and both the locations insisted that i test drive a vehicle to get just a feel of the vehicle.
One of the SA's even went to the extent of telling me that there is not much difference between diesel and petrol.

Also the dealers state that I compulsorily need to take insurance from them which is at 43K for Petrol SX variant. I am sure that I shall get a better deal outside.
Anyways, talking about the car, it looks stunning, checked the flame orange, too flashy a color for me and the silver looked classic. Have seen a couple of white ones on the road and they too look good.
The rear seat is quiet cramped though, ingress is not that good with the B pillar and rear seat width not wide enough. Common with all Hyundai's, the seats are slant and make you feel sitting deep inside. For people with short height the windows feel higher and hence the cabin feels smaller and claustrophobic.
The front seats are amazingly comfortable and with the premium dashboard the feel of the car is very good.

Mumbai OTR for the SX variant is 11.5L with zero dep insurance and other several add ons of extended warranty, basic accessories etc.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 19th November 2017 at 00:23. Reason: formatting
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks