Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2017, 02:05   #166
e46
BHPian

re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

The should have brought the Chinese version, that one looks more classy than the NA or Russian Solaris version we are getting.

Take a look at the fog light area of them for instance and you'ld know why I say that.
e46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 08:25   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
The should have brought the Chinese version, that one looks more classy than the NA or Russian Solaris version we are getting.

Take a look at the fog light area of them for instance and you'ld know why I say that.
True, if there is one problem with the company it is that they revise their designs way too fast and drastically so. Hyundai had just settled into the design of making straight-line hexagon grille with horizontal slats connected to lamps, within 4-5 months they moved on to the "cascading grille" with solid block quadrangle slats. Gets confusing.

Oh well the retro-ish looks works as well, if they had gone too drastic and stylish people will brick it for not being "timeless" enough.
Old 15th July 2017, 08:41   #168
BHPian

I personally feel Hyundai is confused with their designs under the Fluidic 2.0 versions. Fluidic 1.0 was "fluidic" inside out. But now, the same kind of confidence doesn't come through in their designs.
Case in point are the new Elantra and the Verna. Elantra has Audi interiors from the 90's and Verna is too plain jane for my liking. Then they have tried to mimic the new Ford interiors in their Kona and i30 (though frankly I don't know who copied from whom!). Exteriors too are a mish mash of things if you look at the face and then compare with the profile and rear. It may work for some, may not work for others but they just don't seem confident!

Having said that, I am in que for the Verna and hope they launch the 6 speed AT in the top end diesel
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2017, 18:15   #169
BHPian

hyundai teaser video released: http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...eased/59607805

From the article:
Though the new Verna will be based on the same Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 philosophy, significant changes in the design can be expected.

The wheelbase of the new model is reportedly 10 mm larger, while the length and the width have also been increased marginally. This might make the cabin roomier, eliminating the most highlighted drawback of the car

Visually, the car looks almost identical to the 2017 Hyundai Solaris that is sold in Russia. The car features projector headlamps along with LED daytime running lights and angular fog lamps. The new LED tail lamp looks inspired from the existing Elite i20.

The 2017 Verna is expected to continue with the same 1.4-litre petrol, 1.6-litre petrol, 1.4-litre CRDi diesel and 1.6-litre CRDi diesel engine options.
And the transmission is also likely to remain unchanged with a 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic gearbox. However, there could be some changes in the performance tuning of these powertrains for the new model.
Old 15th July 2017, 21:31   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
hyundai teaser video released: http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...eased/59607805

From the article:
Though the new Verna will be based on the same Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 philosophy, significant changes in the design can be expected.

The wheelbase of the new model is reportedly 10 mm larger, while the length and the width have also been increased marginally. This might make the cabin roomier, eliminating the most highlighted drawback of the car

Visually, the car looks almost identical to the 2017 Hyundai Solaris that is sold in Russia. The car features projector headlamps along with LED daytime running lights and angular fog lamps. The new LED tail lamp looks inspired from the existing Elite i20.

The 2017 Verna is expected to continue with the same 1.4-litre petrol, 1.6-litre petrol, 1.4-litre CRDi diesel and 1.6-litre CRDi diesel engine options.
And the transmission is also likely to remain unchanged with a 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic gearbox. However, there could be some changes in the performance tuning of these powertrains for the new model.

Well, at present it is 4-speed automatic transmission. So, transmission has changed and not just carried over
shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 10:51   #171
Senior - BHPian

Finally; a six speed automatic transmission.

The biggest challenge this car faces is room at the back and from the looks of it, I don't think the problem is addressed. Customers today are spoilt by the acres of space on offer by the Honda City and Suzuki Ciaz. It is going to have to match if not beat it in this department.

On the plus side, the 1.6l motors have proven to be strong, frugal and reliable so no worries here. Quality of interior appointments have been consistent too. One of the best I'd say and almost on par with VW.

Hyundai are also known to equip their cars very well so no worries here.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 11:06   #172
BHPian

The problem is since recently, Hyundai has started cutting equipments and price their products attriciously. They are no longer VFM. And their service is not top notch with increase in service cost. Hopefully they price Verna much more realistically without any features deletion.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 17:05   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
The problem is since recently, Hyundai has started cutting equipments and price their products attriciously. They are no longer VFM. And their service is not top notch with increase in service cost. Hopefully they price Verna much more realistically without any features deletion.
Agree on the first part. But on the service front, I own 2 Hyundais and haven't felt any degradation in service quality even though, prices indeed have increased.

Creta, Elantra and Tucson -> all these products were botched up in terms of variants and features.

I sincerely hope Hyundai gets back on top of their game with the new Verna. The market was forgiving with Creta since it didn't have proper competition. But it's an entire different ball game with Verna with 2 very well entrenched rivals in City and Ciaz.
Old 17th July 2017, 17:50   #174
Senior - BHPian

Any early 'birdie' news on variant wise feature distribution?
Old 18th July 2017, 11:56   #175
BHPian

http://www.news18.com/news/auto/2017...h-1464667.html

So the dealers have started accepting bookings for the new generation Verna. I spoke with my friendly neighbourhood dealer who confirmed they are accepting bookings with launch expected in the last week of August and early September the cars will start to be delivered. I am seriously considering paying to booking amount so I don't need to endure long waiting times once all the details are announced. It's either this or the Honda City 2017 - but I am leaning towards Verna.
Old 18th July 2017, 16:14   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Verna ( face-lift) to launch on August 22nd!

link
Old 21st July 2017, 12:23   #177
BHPian

Any Information or Leaks on the Auto Transmission variant? Is it going to be the old 4 Speed Torque converter taken over from the Old Verna or the 6 Speed AT taken over from Creta?

I seriously wish Verna to be launched in reasonably fully Loaded trim in 6Speed AT unlike the xcent which was launched recently where the AT does duty only in the mid variant and that to a 4 speed one.
Old 28th July 2017, 09:56   #178
BHPian

Wow!!!This thread has indeed gone quiet. The launch is scheduled for 22nd of August and I see nobody talking about the feature set or the expected launch price. Clearly shows how much the launch is being looked forward to. Perhaps Hyundai marketing team should do something to ensure that there is some sort of build up to the launch. Perhaps some sort of Media launch?
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 15:47   #179
BHPian

I am actually waiting for the launch eagerly, as i am in market for a AT sedan for city drive. I am so surprised that with the launch on Aug 22, there are no spy shots or leaks. I really hope we get some info in the coming days
Old 29th July 2017, 17:38   #180
Senior - BHPian

Amazingly, I didn't even know it's going to launch on 22nd Aug. Haven't seen a single advertisement or mention anywhere. Even the struggling brands like Fiat and Tata have created great hype for Compass and Nexon. Seems like our 2nd largest seller in the country needs a wake up call. I wonder if they are really serious in giving competition to Honda City and Ciaz. At the moment doesn't looks that way.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks