Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2017, 11:46   #496
BHPian

re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Wow, I did not know that usage of Family Faces/Grills are reserved only for Luxury Marques.

About Hyundai being an established Brand or not, they are the fourth largest Automobile manufacturer in the WORLD. Hope that is established enough!
Well, numbers don't make it an established brand. It still makes a huge difference when someone says that they own a santro or a sonata. Whereas its enough information when someone says that they own a BMW. Family face is not reserved for luxury/established brands but it makes more sense in case of those brands.
PrashantPahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 11:49   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrashantPahwa View Post
Family face is not reserved for luxury/established brands but it makes more sense in case of those brands.
How?
According to what logic?

Anyways, I am done with this pointless discussion.
Lets agree to disagree.
abhishek46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 13:28   #498
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
How ?
According to what logic ?
There is no logic here, it is rather a perception of the people.

Few years back there were two cars which people were rejecting just because of this very reason of 'same family face look', the two cars were the VW Vento and Skoda Rapid. From the front, the Vento looked exactly like the Polo except for different shaped foglights and the Rapid looked exactly like the Fabia, both of these sedans never saw sales even close to the City/Verna. So it is not wrong to say that family faces are not going down well with us indians especially for mass market cars. Latest example being Tata Nexon, people have repeatedly mentioned that they are not liking the resemblance to that Indica front face.

When PrashantPahwa said, "Family face is not reserved for luxury/established brands but it makes more sense in case of those brands", he must have said it because luxury car owners usually buy a car for the snob value/brand name and many dont care if it has a family face or not, but the same does not apply to mass market cars/manufacturers.

Last edited by OSH : 21st August 2017 at 13:32.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 18:31   #499
BHPian

The #NextGenVerna will take your breath away.
Watch the Launch Event Live on
22nd Aug @ 12 PM at http://hyundai.multitvsolution.com/index.html
Team Hyundai

In other news, GST cess revision may happen sooner than I thought. Cat and mouse game now as to what happens first - car invoice generated or Cess introduced.

Quote:
The government is set to promulgate an ordinance within weeks, allowing an increase in goods and services tax (GST) cess on luxury cars and SUVs, as it seeks to restore tax revenue from the automobile industry that unintentionally got affected in the transition to the new indirect tax regime
http://www.livemint.com/Industry/3SC...ordinance.html
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:22   #500
BHPian

Very surprised with the lack of excitement with the launch just a few hours away. Not sure if this directly relates to the general interest level in the new Verna. I was going through the Creta thread here and though it was a brand new car but the anticipation levels were really off the roof. There were quite a few pricing leaks as well. Seems like Hyundai has decided to tighten the screws this time around - there have been absolutely no leaks related to pricing.
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:28   #501
BHPian

Visited Trident Hyundai, Hosur Road Bangalore yesterday and pre-booked Diesel SX(O) MT. If I change my mind after test drive SA assured and wrote in the booking slip that no charges for cancellation. He mentioned no cancellation charges is applicable only for pre-bookings and not after launch. As per him I might be able to cancel the booking as late as second week of September. They are expecting some delays in the shipment due to flood in Chennai and transportation issues.

Demo car and test drive vehicles have already reached the dealership although not on display. He mentioned 4 to 5 test vehicles are allotted although it will not be available for test drives before RTO checks and registration process which might take approx 10 to 15 days. So not expecting to get a test drive before very late August or early September.

They are distributing the brochure booklet as well, same as the one shared here earlier by a fellow bhpian. The cost he is expecting around 15L OTR.
X-Factor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:55   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
They are expecting some delays in the shipment due to flood in Chennai and transportation issues.
It's not even raining in Chennai and there is no flooding whatsoever. In fact, we are getting roasted in the heat. Guess , the SA is taking you for a royal ride.

I think the handling will be improved if the i20 is anything to go by. It had a balanced setup , no swaying like a boat, and there should not be much reason to complain. The engine and the gearbox is same as well.

Eagerly awaiting the pricing!
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:19   #503
BHPian

Just called my SA. He said he will let me know the chennai price today. But unfortunately he said Test drive cannot be done today and the requested colour sienna brown will be on display only tomorrow it seems. Keeping my fingers crossed for a competitive pricing
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:22   #504
BHPian

Surprised to see the general notion here that Verna's handling is bad. Hyundai re-worked on Verna's suspension set up in 2014 facelift. They further improved it in the Verna 4S launched in 2015.
I have had the Verna 4S for over 2 years and not once have I got nervous while on high speed.
It may not be in the league of the 'dead' fiesta but when compared to the direct competitors, Ciaz and City, it is no different. Certainly the handling cannot be termed to be a deal breaker. Yet, people continue to point it out.
Is it lack of knowledge or just plain hatred which makes people say such things.
drive2eternity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:25   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
Just called my SA. He said he will let me know the chennai price today.
Could you also get the SX MT and SX(O) MT petrol OTR price Madras? Which dealership are you dealing with?
Old 22nd August 2017, 11:40   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

The all-new Verna in it's Flame Orange shade:

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-dhzf6kumaen06r.jpg

A short clip showing the Vernas on stage in Orange & Black shades, before the official launch:

https://twitter.com/AkankshaDureja/s...73933092044801

RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:20   #507
BHPian

Live launch

http://hyundai.multitvsolution.com/index.html

PS: I notice hardly any excitement on this launch. Jeep Compass had a lot more buzz

Last edited by aviraj : 22nd August 2017 at 12:33.
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:35   #508
BHPian

Can anyone confirm if the both Elantra and new Verna sharing the same engine? Both says 1.6L U2 CRDi and max power ratings are same, but from the brochure Max Torque for Verna is 26.5/1500-3000 while Elantra is 26.5/1900-2750. SA was saying both are different engines, but is it just a different state of tune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
In fact, we are getting roasted in the heat. Guess , the SA is taking you for a royal ride.
. Not a ride, but it's the lack of situation awareness, both of us . But he did also mention transport issues due to the fleet of trucks getting replaced for BS4 compliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
I have had the Verna 4S for over 2 years and not once have I got nervous while on high speed.
That's reassuring as I will have a lot of highway drives if I confirm my booking. How does it behave when you pass over speed breakers/humps with full load, any experiences of bottoming out?
X-Factor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 12:55   #509
BHPian

Whereas Compass launch had got the thread buzzing with activity, I hardly see any excitement for this launch. I blame only Hyundai for this. The New Verna looks so similar to outgoing one that hardly anyone would notice it as a new generation. If I plonk close to 15L for this car, I only get a "facelift" of 5 year old Verna....
Old 22nd August 2017, 13:05   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
I blame only Hyundai for this. The New Verna looks so similar to outgoing one that hardly anyone would notice it as a new generation.
I have been reading similar criticism from many on this thread and wondering if me and them are seeing the same models? From grill, headlights, fog lamps, read lights to interiors I see new Verna to be very different from current gen Verna 4s. If anything new Verna has similarities to new Xcent (grill part).

It may not be have radical design like Fluidic Verna but its definitely not same as that model or 4s.

Update: New Verna starts at Rs 7.99 lakhs for base perol (E version). Ex is priced at 9.07 lakhs and its great option with most of the necessary features.

As expected Hyundai priced Verna right in between Ciaz and City

Last edited by sri_tesla : 22nd August 2017 at 13:09.
sri_tesla is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed