Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2017, 14:38   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Could not agree more , i actually say in the elantra as soon as i was done checking the Verna and it felt bare bones and a quality level lower than what te Verna felt like, the dash looked outdated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Forget the Octavia - the Elantra (especially the diesel) suddenly looks dead meat in comparison to the new Verna!

Verna looks almost like the Elantra, gets most features including 6 airbags, ventilated seats, sunroof etc, gets the same diesel engine with the same transmissions etc - at a huge price advantage.
Old 1st September 2017, 15:17   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Could not agree more , i actually say in the elantra as soon as i was done checking the Verna and it felt bare bones and a quality level lower than what te Verna felt like, the dash looked outdated.
Just how the City killed the Civic, is it that time when the Verna kills the Elantra?
Old 1st September 2017, 18:14   #738
BHPian

Here are some pics of the EX variant courtesy Lakshay from here

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-231268d1504205090thyundaiverna5thgenlaunchedindia799lacsimg_4458.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-231267d1504205090thyundaiverna5thgenlaunchedindia799lacsimg_4454.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-231266d1504205090thyundaiverna5thgenlaunchedindia799lacsimg_4451.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-231265d1504205090thyundaiverna5thgenlaunchedindia799lacsimg_4488.jpg

That Head-unit looks really bad. Seems like they added it almost like an after-thought. I guess I have to order the HU from AliExpress that I have been eyeing. As expected, the headlights and taillights look very ordinary too but I am hoping there would be some after-market solution to this without losing warranty. Personally, I am not too fussed about taillight/headlight but that head-unit needs to be changed asap
pathik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 18:25   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post

That Head-unit looks really bad. Seems like they added it almost like an after-thought. I guess I have to order the HU from AliExpress that I have been eyeing. As expected, the headlights and taillights look very ordinary too but I am hoping there would be some after-market solution to this without losing warranty. Personally, I am not too fussed about taillight/headlight but that head-unit needs to be changed asap
That is truly a sad looking HU.
I doubt if an After Market Unit will fit perfectly to the slot, as it's shape does not look like a perfect rectangle to me.
Old 1st September 2017, 18:34   #740
BHPian

Actually there are quite a few options in Aliexpress. Key-in Solaris 2017 in search in car multimedia. You get many options.
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504270948905.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504270961501.jpg
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504270972741.jpg
drashkum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 18:58   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
Actually there are quite a few options in Aliexpress. Key-in Solaris 2017 in search in car multimedia. You get many options.
Attachment 1671722
Attachment 1671723
Attachment 1671724
Yes, I have shortlisted a couple from AliExpress but I am concerned what if they are not good.
Old 1st September 2017, 19:58   #742
BHPian

Well, first of all, let me thank Team-BHP support team for approving my membership. I'm honored. And super excited! And this is my first ever post in Team-BHP!

Okay, coming to the topic, I happened to check the new Hyundai Verna at one of the malls in New Delhi this afternoon and spent some time with it (not driving in a mall, of-course ). The initial impression from outside was great. I thought the car looked really neat and very European! The paint quality, new design language and oh those beautiful alloys, fit and finish and consistent panels gaps looked pretty much like an another solid offering from Hyundai. I was impressed. But the real issue was inside the car. It is, well, very tight in terms of overall space. The rear bench is very ordinary and I'm sure three healthy adults would fight to death in pursue of acceptable comfort and space plus it is just not high enough (a little better than previous Verna though). Average leg room and strictly limited head room make things uncomfortable for rear passengers. For everyone's reference, I'm 5'10 and I was gasping for air inside. Not the best car if you are chauffeur driven and/or have a big family.

The front seats are definitely better with the first-in-segment ventilation feature. I really liked the simple yet functional design layout of the dashboard. Somehow reminded me of my Creta the moment I looked at it – the dash, touchscreen and overall plastic and feel of the interiors.

I would buy Honda City VX CVT if I was in the market for this segment – for its exceptional space and that sweet 1.5 petrol engine. Just my two cents. My son in law is looking to replace his aging Chevrolet Cruze and this car would have made it to the final two (apart from Honda City) but since the rear seat comfort is one of his prime prerequisites, I know he would gladly give it a pass.

Regards
Col Mehta
Col Mehta is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 21:47   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Here are some pics of the EX variant courtesy Lakshay from here

Thanks a lot. I really see the Manual EX Diesel as a VFM and adequately feature equipped to my needs.
Old 1st September 2017, 21:49   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Thanks a lot. I really see the Manual EX Diesel as a VFM and adequately feature equipped to my needs.
I agree. But when it was out that EX will come with a 5 inch touch screen system, I was happy assuming it will be well integrated like Creta. Unfortunately, that's not the case though. Anyway I don't have any disappointments for having booked EX Diesel Auto over SX+
Old 1st September 2017, 23:27   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
7. The AVN screen though is 7 inch, looks much smaller than the city for some reason.
The screen indeed looks smaller than City but the City's AVN houses the buttons and volume knob in the same console and even the glossy black panel surrounding the AVN are all in the same level as dashboard giving the perception of a larger screen.

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-3a.jpg

In Verna the buttons panel is separate and the screen is fixed a bit below the surface level of dashboard. A close up image from Carwale shows the top surface of the dashboard protrudes above the screen and this surely will aid legibility in sunlight.

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-159613.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
However saying that, I would have still bought the city thanks to the iVtec, a stiffer suspension and a much higher resale ( which is important for me since I tend to change my cars every 3 years).
Resale is one aspect even I am concerned, do you have any first hand experience on the resale value of a Verna after about 5 years? Comments from any Verna owner's will be greatly helpful please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hyundai says the new Verna has received 7,000 bookings within 10 days of launch.
This was in TOI today and quite a remarkable feat. Not sure this includes the pre-bookings.

Quote:
Hyundai has allowed me to do my own insurance outside.
Congrats drashkum. Do you mind sharing how much did they quote outside and whether you opted for zero depreciation policy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
The vehicle that I booked, VTVT SX (O) is being registered today and will be delivered tomorrow morning.
Congrats uvmallya. If I am not wrong you are the first one from TBHP community to get delivery of New Gen Verna. Can you confirm if you got the delivery today and how was the overall experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhs View Post
Just Now Sales Advisor has confirmed that car has arrived at the stockyard, Will be doing PDI on Saturday, make the payment and get the invoice generated.
Congrats Nikhs. Is this in Bangalore, if yes which dealer? I contacted my SA at Trident and they are not expecting vehicles in their stockyard until 2nd week of September which I find hard to believe looking at the updates from others in this thread. Assuming you pre-booked, did the SA contact you to confirm the booking after launch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhs View Post
As my Dad has 50% NCB, I am pushing my dealer hard to allow me to get the Insurance done on my own.
Can experts please advise if the old and new vehicle owner name and address have to be same for transferring the NCB? What is the procedure for NCB transfer?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd September 2017 at 12:08.
Old 2nd September 2017, 03:08   #746

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post

Congrats Nikhs. Is this in Bangalore, if yes which dealer? I contacted my SA at Trident and they are not expecting vehicles in their stockyard until 2nd week of September which I find hard to believe looking at the updates from others in this thread. Assuming you pre-booked, did the SA contact you to confirm the booking after launch?
Even I booked in trident kr puram , they are not giving me proper update regarding delivery dates
Do you mind share the date ,location and the variant of your booking ?
Old 2nd September 2017, 03:18   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
The screen indeed looks smaller than City but the City's AVN houses the buttons and volume knob in the same console and even the glossy black panel surrounding the AVN are all in the same level as dashboard giving the perception of a larger screen.
I have got 2 quotes from TATA AIG. First one is bumper to bumper without small consumables and compulsory deductible of 1000rs costing 32000rs.

The second one includes consumables which is a return to invoice insurance with engine protection and tyre cover too costs 36000.

Both are for SxO diesel manual with IDV 5% lesser than exshowroom price.

Both does not include my previous car NCB. Including that premium might a little lower.

Since there is a 3 year unlimited kilometer warranty on verna by hyundai and a possibility of extended warranty ( though no option of extended warranty available now but i am sure it will come), i am mulling my options. What do you guys recommend?

The dealer wants the policy in hand, not the cover note before RTO procedures.

As for NCB claim the car owner name and address has be the same. The proof that the previous car RC and the insurance has been transferred rightfully to the new owner has to be given to the insurance company.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd September 2017 at 12:11. Reason: Images removed and qoute trimmed.
drashkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 07:58   #748
BHPian

Yes, I did get delivery of the car yesterday morning. The sales advisor took about 20 minutes to explain the salient features of the car which was followed by the handing over of the keys and posing for pictures with the staff of the showroom. It took about half an hour for the car to be delivered which included handing over of the relevant papers of insurance, road tax etc.
uvmallya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 09:48   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshwiz07 View Post
Even I booked in trident kr puram , they are not giving me proper update regarding delivery dates. Do you mind share the date ,location and the variant of your booking ?
Thanks. I booked Diesel SX(O) MT from Trident Hosur Road on 21st August, a day before the launch.

Quote:
I have got 2 quotes from TATA AIG. First one is bumper to bumper without small consumables and compulsory deductible of 1000rs costing 32000rs.

The second one includes consumables which is a return to invoice insurance with engine protection and tyre cover too costs 36000.

Both are for SxO diesel manual with IDV 5% lesser than exshowroom price.
That's huge savings compared to the insurance in the price list I got from Trident that I shared earlier. The price list shows Insurance Rs 57,301 and extra Rs 6950 for 0% Depreciation. There might be some variation due to the difference in OTR price between Bangalore and Chennai but this is about 28K. The OTR in Bangalore is around 15.55 L, what is it in Chennai?

Quote:
Since there is a 3 year unlimited kilometer warranty on verna by hyundai and a possibility of extended warranty ( though no option of extended warranty available now but i am sure it will come), i am mulling my options. What do you guys recommend?
Interestingly the Trident price list shows Rs 13,523 for one year extended warranty and the OTR goes up to Rs 15,68,530 including that.

Quote:
The dealer wants the policy in hand, not the cover note before RTO procedures.

As for NCB claim the car owner name and address has be the same. The proof that the previous car RC and the insurance has been transferred rightfully to the new owner has to be given to the insurance company.
Thanks for clarifying on NCB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
Yes, I did get delivery of the car yesterday morning. The sales advisor took about 20 minutes to explain the salient features of the car which was followed by the handing over of the keys and posing for pictures with the staff of the showroom. It took about half an hour for the car to be delivered which included handing over of the relevant papers of insurance, road tax etc.
Congrats once again. What was the OTR price in Mangalore? Did it include extended warranty? What was the insurance cost?
Old 2nd September 2017, 10:11   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshwiz07 View Post
Even I booked in trident kr puram , they are not giving me proper update regarding delivery dates
Do you mind share the date ,location and the variant of your booking ?
I was told by a dealer that there is a shortage of sunroof kit. Thats why hardly enough allocations of the top end models. In the meantime trims without the sunroof are easily available. Even if you had booked your SX(O) really early you will have to wait longer for the car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks