Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2017, 18:03   #781
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
A quick glance through the brochure reveals what all SX+ AT diesel owners will miss out on compared to SX(O) manual. The ones in bold are the real grouses. Glad that they've retained the sunroof for the SX+.

-Side & Curtain airbags
-Smart key with push button start
-Chrome door handles
-Leather door center trim
-Light adjustment for the instrument cluster
-Adjustable rear seat headrests
-Leather seats
-Ventilated seats
-Connected car technology
-Smart trunk
-Luggage hook and net in the boot
If this is true and these features have been chopped from the top end Diesel Automatic then Hyundai has made yet another glaring mistake by short changing customers who are willing to pay for these premium features. An utter shame!
Screwdriva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 18:40   #782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arit.mondal View Post
Advaith ORR seems to have high footfall, which could possibly signal better popularity. Trident Hosur was relatively deserted in comparison. Both are located on major arterial roads.
As you've already pointed out, both are good or bad depending on who attends to you and who cares for sales.. there may be great people in both Advaith and Trident. Sales wise I've heard that both are neck and neck as both have different areas of operation and Trident being first in Bangalore possesses a slight edge in terms of locations (the head sales showroom is in the absolute poshest area in the city - Sadashivnagar). Advaith has it in Residency Road but no comparison.

My suggestion is - go for whoever is promising earliest delivery and maybe better/sweeter deals i.e freebies or flexibility in choosing insurance and overall friendliness. You can find out just by talking to the salesperson. Trident is overall better is my view.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 19:00   #783
BHPian

I felt Trident more friendly and they gave a test drive immediately. I have booked Petrol SX variant with them with September delivery commitment. No freebies, discounts as such. Haven't checked on flexibility in Insurance.
lightpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 07:56   #784
BHPian

I bought my car from Advaith ORR. Before the purchase, I had also visited Trident near KR Puram bridge. Both the dealers were offering similar discounts.

Advaith ORR is extremely close to my workplace and their Graphite service center is very close to my residence. Hence, I went ahead with Advaith.

However, as previously mentioned, go with the dealer giving you the earliest delivery and the best deal.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 09:43   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
If this is true and these features have been chopped from the top end Diesel Automatic then Hyundai has made yet another glaring mistake by short changing customers who are willing to pay for these premium features. An utter shame!
It would be funny to see how much they saved with the below

-Chrome door handles
-Light adjustment for the instrument cluster
-Luggage hook and net in the boot

I sometimes wonder about the significance of buying a top end only to know that it isn't indeed "top-end".
Old 5th September 2017, 10:08   #786
Senior - BHPian

Can someone post pix of EX model and give a feedback on the petrol Auto?

Adding a video I took while someone else was driving ( diesel auto in 'auto' and manual mode).

Old 5th September 2017, 10:38   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Can someone post pix of EX model and give a feedback on the petrol Auto?

Adding a video I took while someone else was driving ( diesel auto in 'auto' and manual mode).
EX Model:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4261937

Petrol Auto:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4262502

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4261408

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th September 2017 at 08:31. Reason: Avoid quoting emoticons/videos/images while quoting posts. Thanks
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 12:42   #788
BHPian

Finally, I have got the TR done yesterday and the car was ready for delivery. However, we will take it on 22nd Sep, till then It will be in Showroom.
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-img_20170904_140031410_hdr.jpg

Ex-Showroom Price - 11,11,900
Life Tax - 1,55,665
Insurance - 26,532(Comprehensive)
Accessiories - 4500
TR - 1900
TCS - 11119
Onroad Price - 13,11,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshwiz07 View Post
Even I booked in trident kr puram , they are not giving me proper update regarding delivery dates
Do you mind share the date ,location and the variant of your booking ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Congrats Nikhs. Is this in Bangalore, if yes which dealer? I contacted my SA at Trident and they are not expecting vehicles in their stockyard until 2nd week of September which I find hard to believe looking at the updates from others in this thread. Assuming you pre-booked, did the SA contact you to confirm the booking after launch?
Thanks X-Factor. I have pre booked the car with Kun United Hyundai in Andhra Pradesh, However, the dealer has entered it into GDMS(Hyundai Official booking) on 23rd August. I was Keen on Getting CRDI EX but the dealer said that they have been allotted CRDI SX which will reach them by 30th August, So went ahead with SX.

Regarding the follow up with the dealer, I know the sales advisor very well as he was the same guy from whom I have purchased elite I20. So he was very transparent and helpful in getting the car allotted to me.

Quote:
Went to Advaith Hyundai ORR today to check the Verna. As per the sales advisor current waiting period is 45 days, and no price guarantee.
Also invoicing will take time and will definitely be past the cess hike date. Do you guys think it's wise to pay the booking amount (Petrol SX) anyway and cancel if the ex-showroom exceeds 10lac (which most likely it will?)

P.S.: The sales guy didn't seem much interested in pushing a sale. I hope it's because of the high demand+month start, and not because I was wearing shorts (visited the showroom while returning from Kicks on Grass).
Refer this post where I have shared the Cess Hike Notification. Looks like Government is pushing for cess hike sooner than we expected.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4263548.

Last edited by Nikhs : 5th September 2017 at 13:01. Reason: Type
Nikhs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 16:21   #789
BHPian

So, just came back after inspecting the car (Diesel EX Auto) at the stockyard and I have taken a lot of pics and videos which I will post as soon as I get some time. The car looks really nice (Sienna Brown is what I have chosen) and I can't wait to take the delivery later this week.
pathik is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 18:45   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
My suggestion is - go for whoever is promising earliest delivery and maybe better/sweeter deals i.e freebies or flexibility in choosing insurance and overall friendliness. You can find out just by talking to the salesperson. Trident is overall better is my view.
Booked Petrol SX from Trident Hosur in Silver. Still confused about the color though (silver vs black/stardust)

Insurance can be taken from outside. Their cancellation fee is actually 3.5k, managed to reduce it to 1.5k, no other freebie/discount. I was promised delivery within this month.
arit.mondal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 23:04   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhs View Post
Finally, I have got the TR done yesterday and the car was ready for delivery. However, we will take it on 22nd Sep, till then It will be in Showroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
So, just came back after inspecting the car (Diesel EX Auto) at the stockyard and I have taken a lot of pics and videos which I will post as soon as I get some time. The car looks really nice (Sienna Brown is what I have chosen) and I can't wait to take the delivery later this week.
Quote:
Booked Petrol SX from Trident Hosur in Silver. Still confused about the color though (silver vs black/stardust)

Insurance can be taken from outside. Their cancellation fee is actually 3.5k, managed to reduce it to 1.5k, no other freebie/discount. I was promised delivery within this month.
Two SXs and a EX. Its raining Verna here . Congratulations all of you on your new rides. Many happy and safe miles!
Old 5th September 2017, 23:23   #792
BHPian

There is a belief that a sedan looks best in it's signature colour used in it's marketing brochures. Hence my humble request to anyone who receives delivery of new Verna in black, please post pictures under daylight as early and from as many angles as possible. Thanks in advance!
Old 6th September 2017, 10:51   #793

Convinced parents to book SX(O) AT petrol. Feature list, looks and comfort and convenience of AT was a deciding factor. I had initially convinced them to book the creta SX+ AT, but then the verna came out, and after seeing the feature list i was scratching my head as to why the creta was devoid of features like auto Dimming mirror, cooled glove box etc.

Booked the car in silver, it's supposedly on it's way. I honestly don't get feature allocation in cars. When did adjustable headrests and an mid become limited to top varients only.
Old 6th September 2017, 14:15   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Two SXs and a EX. Its raining Verna here .
As per the latest Sales Charts Verna has sold 4,779 units in August. A very decent number indeed and this has happened without any lowering of numbers on the City or Ciaz or the Creta. So the segment itself expanded to accommodate another good car
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 14:16   #795
BHPian

Searched quite a bit on the forum and but could not get the answers to the following:
- Unladen & Laden Ground clearance of the new Verna
- Kerb & Gross Weight of the new Verna
- 0-100 kph time in seconds

If anyone have the above information, please do share the same.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks