Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2017, 14:24   #796
BHPian

Re: The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi

I was told by the dealer that ARAI certificate is not released by Hyundai yet for the Verna so RTO registration cannot be started. How true is this? Anyone got the car registered yet?

Guess its related to this here -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ched-cars.html

Last edited by Saiyan : 6th September 2017 at 14:35.
Old 6th September 2017, 14:58   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
I was told by the dealer that ARAI certificate is not released by Hyundai yet for the Verna so RTO registration cannot be started. How true is this? Anyone got the car registered yet?

Guess its related to this here -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ched-cars.html
My car is being registered today. The RTO- Manufacturer protocols and process was finished in chennai yesterday. So it is not going to be a problem from today.
drashkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 15:40   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Searched quite a bit on the forum and but could not get the answers to the following:
- Unladen & Laden Ground clearance of the new Verna
- Kerb & Gross Weight of the new Verna
- 0-100 kph time in seconds
-unladen GC is 165mm quoted by several sources including SA
-Kerb weight is not officially disclosed yet
-0-100kmph: You will find results ranging from 10.7 to 11.7 seconds depending on manual or automatic.

Last edited by arit.mondal : 6th September 2017 at 15:45.
arit.mondal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 15:51   #799
BHPian

Thanks. This is very useful.

There is a web-page at http://thecaradvice.com/852/cars/hyu...i-verna-1-6-s/ that shows the Hyundai verna 2017 kerb weight as 1095 kg. But it refers to the old Verna most likely.

With 50% AHSS, the kerb weight of the 2017 Verna would have come down resulting in the higher ARAI km/liter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arit.mondal View Post
-unladen GC is 165mm quoted by several sources including SA
-Kerb weight is not officially disclosed yet
-0-100kmph: You will find results ranging from 10.7 to 11.7 seconds depending on manual or automatic.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 15:53   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Searched quite a bit on the forum and but could not get the answers to the following:
- Unladen & Laden Ground clearance of the new Verna
- Kerb & Gross Weight of the new Verna
- 0-100 kph time in seconds

If anyone have the above information, please do share the same.
The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-verna.jpg

I could see ULW as 1150 and RLW as 1650 in the TR certificate. Though Not sure of the difference between ULW and RLW.
Nikhs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 16:03   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post

From what my dealer told me, they have already delivered quite a few Vernas in the last few days and I am quite sure that RTO registration would have been done for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
As per the latest Sales Charts Verna has sold 4,779 units in August. A very decent number indeed and this has happened without any lowering of numbers on the City or Ciaz or the Creta. So the segment itself expanded to accommodate another good car
Does anyone know what constitutes a sale? Is it the invoice getting generated or a confirmed booking is also termed a sale? If it's the former, it is really remarkable that Hyundai closed 4.7k sales in ~10 days after the launch on 22nd August.

Last edited by pathik : 6th September 2017 at 16:10.
Old 6th September 2017, 16:09   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhs View Post

I could see ULW as 1150 and RLW as 1650 in the TR certificate. Though Not sure of the difference between ULW and RLW.
ULW is Un-Laden Weight, which is similar to the Kerb Weight.
RLW is Registered Laden Weight, which is similar to Gross Vehicle Weight i.e. the maximum weight of the vehicle along with passenger or goods.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 16:53   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik View Post
Does anyone know what constitutes a sale? Is it the invoice getting generated or a confirmed booking is also termed a sale? If it's the former, it is really remarkable that Hyundai closed 4.7k sales in ~10 days after the launch on 22nd August.
Sales figures published on various forums/sites/team-bhp are in actual factory dispatches to dealerships. it doesn't mean that dealerships sold all those by the end of August. Think about a car dispatched to dealership in Delhi on 30th August from Chennai. This will constitute as August sale for the factory but not for the dealership.
In India, data reports have not reached the level that one can tell the number of cars actually sold by dealerships across the nation.

So answer to your question - "Is it the invoice getting generated or a confirmed booking is also termed a sale?" - The answer is none of the above.

Hope this helps to answer your query.
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 19:41   #804
BHPian

So here are the pics (and a couple of videos) I captured during my inspection of the Car at the dealer Stockyard:

Variant - EX Diesel Auto (Sienna Brown)

Since there are too many pics, I am sharing a link to the shared album on Google Photos:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V1or27uK9kvIik2l1

My thoughts on the car (I haven't driven it yet, so driving impressions will come later) -

1. Car looks fabulous - especially from the front. I also love the Sienna Brown colour - Looks very different from the standard white, black & grey colour cars
2. Chrome Door Handles will look better (EX misses out on it. Will probably get it done through after-market later)
3. First impression - Tyres (185/65 R15) look a little tiny but the alloys look very nice. Personally speaking, I like it better than the diamond-cut alloys on top-end. My car came with Ceat SecuraDrive tyres.
4. Projector Fog-lamps look great but projector headlamps would be missed on EX. I am fine with the way it is though currently.
5. Tail-lights have the new look but misses out on LEDs on EX. Car would have looked so much better if all 3 sections in the tail-light lit up.
6. No variant badging on the back. Just 1.6D on right and Verna on the left. Looks clean and classy.
7. EX and SX miss out on the MID which is present on the top-variant. Correspondingly, the steering controls for MID are different too. The MID however is decent enough (though not as good as on SX(O)).
8. The 5" Head-unit looks really bad in the pics. In real, it is probably not so bad - but the grey bezels look totally out of place and cheap. I would be upgrading to an after-market unit soon.
9. Gear Knob on EX looks great with the same glossy black look as in the top variants (ofcourse minus the leather part). I was worried this might look dull and cheap (like in the Honda City 2017 variants featuring non-leather Gear Knobs)
10. Audio sounded pretty good to my ears (bass was pretty good). I am more than happy with the default speaker setup. Din't get to try iBlue App or Arkamys sound options (since it was disabled when playing Radio I guess)
11. ACC worked pretty well and cooled the car within a few mins on a hot, sunny day.
12. Reverse Camera feed is shown on the 5" head-unit. It shows adaptive guidelines as well which I really liked.
13. EX misses out on the Electrically foldable ORVM and seat-belt height adjustment.
14. Car comes with Amaron 60Ah battery

Last edited by pathik : 6th September 2017 at 20:10.
pathik is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 07:49   #805
BHPian

Guys, I am going for an extensive PDI today of my SxO Manual CRDi Next Gen Flame 🔥 Orange Verna. Have already downloaded the PDI check list and the Hyundai Blue and AutoLink Apps. Oh Boy, I am so excited. I must be at HMP, Chennai at 10AM. Anyone is welcome for a third perspective. Pictures will follow. I am taking delivery of the car tomorrow as it is a auspicious day.

Have decoded VIN and its linked engine number already. I really hope there are no last minute disappointments.

Does anyone know when is the Team-Bhp official Verna review coming up? I have been refreshing the reviews 4 times a day
drashkum is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 08:58   #806
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post

Does anyone know when is the Team-Bhp official Verna review coming up? I have been refreshing the reviews 4 times a day
I feel its too early for refreshing the browser, buddy.

VW Tiguan review, for which the media drives were conducted during the same timelines as the Compass ones - is yet to be published. Another very important launch, the Nexon - should be in the pipeline as well - as the media drives were conducted a month back even though the launch has not happened yet.

Verna being a very important launch in itself, should take time as it would be getting the same amount of dedication and details seen recently for the major reviews!

Quote:
With 50% AHSS, the kerb weight of the 2017 Verna would have come down resulting in the higher ARAI km/liter
50% AHSS is only on the frame. Body panels are not made of high strength steel and hence, the overall percentage is way less than 50%. This was the case with Creta as well, and understandable given the pricing.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th September 2017 at 09:00.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 10:49   #807
BHPian

Doing PDI of My car. It doesn't have Hankook tyres. Comes with Bridgestone ecopia ep150 tyres. Do i have to tell them that i need Hankook or are these ok?

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504761572125.jpg

The 2017 Hyundai Verna. Launched at 8 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi-1504761584318.jpg

Last edited by drashkum : 7th September 2017 at 10:53.
drashkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 10:57   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Doing PDI of My car. It doesn't have Hankook tyres. Comes with Bridgestone ecopia ep150 tyres. Do i have to tell them that i need Hankook or are these ok?
I have Verna 4S bought in 2015 which has Bridgestone B250 tires. I have not experienced any issues with them. No punctures, no side wall cuts. Having said that, I am not aware how Hankook tires are better than the Bridgestone ones. Probably, if you are keen on Hankooks only, you can ask the dealer for a swap and see if he obliges.
Old 7th September 2017, 11:06   #809
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ecopia is a budget tyre. Should be hard compound, less grip but longer lasting.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ese-tyres.html
Old 7th September 2017, 11:11   #810
BHPian

Does anyone know how good are Ceat SecuraDrive tyres? I tried looking up on Google but hardly found any references (Except from some finnish Ceat site)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed