Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2015, 14:27   #31
BHPian

Re: Honda to develop Brio-based compact SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
However, your pricing is a bit off IMHO. Mobilio itself is priced from 8.56L for the bare bones E version to 11.13L ex-showroom for the V(O) in bangalore. If we consider the RS(O) it moves upto 12.26L ex-showroom bangalore.

S-Cross 1.3 Sigma is priced from 8.7L ex-showroom Bangalore for the 1.3 Sigma to 11.18L for the 1.3 Alpha. As you know, S-Cross is more feature loaded across variants compared to the Mobilio. Mobilio is priced higher than the S-Cross 1.3, consider the feature deficit.

Considering this, I would expect BRV to be priced between 9.9L ex-showroom Bangalore for the E variant 13.5L ex-bangalore for the V(O) and 14.5L ex-showroom Bangalore for the RS variants.
The ex-showroom prices you mentioned about Mobilio is for iDTec, but the version shown in the report is iVTec. Mobilio 1.5 litre petrol trades between 7-9 lakhs. And if the pricing of BR-V is similar to what was mentioned in the report, that means about 11-12.5, there is around 3.5 lakhs price difference.
For me, it does not make much sense. Is it a high priced MPV or a low cost SUV? Which car's potential customers are Honda targeting now?
I believe the 5 seater SUV customers would still prefer 5 seaters such as Creta, Duster, Terrano, Ecosport because the additional seats will anyway cause congestion.
For SUV customers, the MPV look would be a turn off. MPV customers would still prefer Ertiga, and Mobilio.
All these said, we cannot predict markets, and it even can be a runaway success, if the interiors are really good
Old 21st August 2015, 14:37   #32
BHPian

I am really disappointed. Not that it is very poor looking car. For me, it looks just about average when compared to Creta & XUV500.

I am more disappointed because Honda has taken the word "Platform sharing" to a whole new (read low) level. First Brio, then Amaze, next Mobilio and now this. And since they have given 7 seats, expect the prices north of Creta.

What on earth are they thinking? And if we Indians still buy this, where is our rational thinking really going?
Old 21st August 2015, 15:16   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
The ex-showroom prices you mentioned about Mobilio is for iDTec, but the version shown in the report is iVTec.
Well, I didn't see the report neither opened it. I was quoting the prices for diesel as response to Vidyut's post in comparison to S-Cross, which comes only in diesel as you know.

Moreover, I'm a self confessed diesel head with yearly usage of close to 30k kms. Petrol variants hardly catch my attention these days unless it's an exciting turbopetrol.
Old 21st August 2015, 15:20   #34
BHPian

Another silly looking car from Honda, or rather a Mobilio with lift-kit. Wish they'd removed those ugly cuts and creases on the side. SUV's or the wannabe's must look butch.
Old 21st August 2015, 15:21   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
I am more disappointed because Honda has taken the word "Platform sharing" to a whole new (read low) level. First Brio, then Amaze, next Mobilio and now this.
Platform sharing on several vehicles in their line up is not something new. Tata has been doing it for ages. On Indica Vista's platform they have built several vehicles now - Vista, Manza, Aria, Bolt and Zest.
Honda is trying to do the same, by capitalizing on the Brio platform.

Regarding the pricing, you may be right. The report pointed out the prices 11-12.5 lakhs, which are greater than the ex-showroom prices of Creta petrol.
They charged premium for lesser seats (5 seater compact SUVs) in the name of added comfort. Now they are going to start charging premium for additional seats as well, by marketing the exact opposite!
Old 21st August 2015, 15:36   #36
BHPian

The design just doesn't work!!
The length does not work for that front face and width of the car. The side profile is just that same character line that we have been seeing right from the Brio to the Jazz, looks like an enhanced Mobilio. The window line along with that huge rear door from the Mobilio just looks weird for a "mini-SUV". The front "look-at-me", grille should be annihilated. The roof rails look out of place.

Now for worst part - that rear, It can be used to scare kids.

I bet the designer at Honda would have gone, " Wait! the rear is not ugly enough lets give it a double chrome patti and then we can tell the Indians chuck the Creta!! Look at the BRV it has two chrome pattis".

Last edited by Shanksta : 21st August 2015 at 15:40.
Old 21st August 2015, 15:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Not good looking at all. Looks MUV more than a SUV. Rear is as bad as it can get, ugly is the more apt word for it. Why Honda can't have the straight window line? It looks really bad to me in Mobilio & here as well. Too much of chrome at front is overkill IMHO. Honda now a days thinks if they put lot of chrome, people will buy it. Mobilio looks better than this. Better we don't get this car here in India. Honda, give us something better than this
Old 21st August 2015, 15:42   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tata has been doing it for ages. On Indica Vista's platform they have built several vehicles now - Vista, Manza, Aria, Bolt and Zest.
The difference is in the price variations and the number of segments it stretches. Vista, Manza, bolt, Zest all form a small price bracket.

Whereas Brio starts at 4.16 ex-showroom, while I suspect BRV to touch around 14.5L ex-showroom for the top variants. Not sure if I have seen such extend of platform sharing earlier. Hatchback -> compact sedan -> MUV -> SUV.

Yes, modular platforms like VW MQB shares similar concept, but that's a different topic altogether.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 21st August 2015 at 15:45.
Old 21st August 2015, 15:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Looking at these pics and considering that sad effort called the Mobilio, one cannot help get the feeling that Honda and Hyundai have traded places over the past 10 years or so.

Suddenly the vehicles sporting the Korean H seem to be more mature, thought through and better put together than those from the Japanese H that now seem hastily cobbled together, badly designed and poorly equipped.
Old 21st August 2015, 15:56   #40
BANNED

IMO, Honda is making sure that all their SUVs (CR-V, HR-V and this BR-V) get the worst designs as far as possible.
Old 21st August 2015, 16:01   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
IMO, Honda is making sure that all their SUVs (CR-V, HR-V and this BR-V) get the worst designs as far as possible.
Interesting! Can you please care to explain what exactly is wrong with the design of a CR-V or HR-V?
Old 21st August 2015, 16:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Platform sharing on several vehicles in their line up is not something new. Tata has been doing it for ages. On Indica Vista's platform they have built several vehicles now - Vista, Manza, Aria, Bolt and Zest.
A small correction, Aria is a different platform. The problem with platform sharing is that you need to change the top-hat considerably to give it a distinct look, otherwise this is what you get (read similarities between side profile of Amaze, Brio, Mobilio and BRV). A good example is Duster and Logan.
Old 21st August 2015, 16:11   #43
BHPian

The exteriors look good IMO, except for the obvious Mobilio resemblance. What I am really concerned is the interior. While it is indeed better than the Mobilio, it doesn't look like it can compete with the Creta or XUV500, though I will wait for better pics to pass a judgment.
It will definitely have a premium price (Diesel, Honda, SUV, 7 seats) and they better do something amazing with the BR-V, or it will definitely fail.
Old 21st August 2015, 16:12   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Interesting! Can you please care to explain what exactly is wrong with the design of a CR-V or HR-V?
One look at these images, and you will know what I am saying. the ungainly curves and creases all-over.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV-2015_honda_hrv_01.jpg  

Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV-crv.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 16:13   #45
BHPian

Quote:

Regarding the pricing, you may be right. The report pointed out the prices 11-12.5 lakhs, which are greater than the ex-showroom prices of Creta petrol.
They charged premium for lesser seats (5 seater compact SUVs) in the name of added comfort. Now they are going to start charging premium for additional seats as well, by marketing the exact opposite!
I agree, platform sharing is the way forward in car industry. But a 7 seater SUV on the same Brio platform is what I am against. No ways is Honda going to do justice to this new vehicle. Had it been on City's platform, I would have accepted it.

Also Aria is a ladder on frame vehicle. It's based on a completely new platform (X2) and not on the Vista platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
The difference is in the price variations and the number of segments it stretches. Vista, Manza, bolt, Zest all form a small price bracket.

Whereas Brio starts at 4.16 ex-showroom, while I suspect BRV to touch around 14.5L ex-showroom for the top variants. Not sure if I have seen such extend of platform sharing earlier. Hatchback -> compact sedan -> MUV -> SUV.

Yes, modular platforms like VW MQB shares similar concept, but that's a different topic altogether.
+1 to that.
RoadSurfer is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks