Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2015, 23:29   #121
BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV

Some prototypes which were showcased to the media had the City/Jazz based steering wheel which IMO looks far better than the one on Brio/Amaze. Uplifts the cabin by a notch for sure. Also can be seen is the Start/Stop push button which was thought to be a dummy unit in earlier pics.

Courtesy - Twitter

Name:  brv.png
Views: 14626
Size:  322.2 KB
Old 28th October 2015, 15:51   #122
BHPian

Honda BR-V Compact SUV: ZigWheels.com

WalkAround Video
HONDA BR-V Indeed looks FABULOUS!

kalleo4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 19:07   #123
BANNED

Auto car review is up on their web site

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-398332.aspx
Old 28th October 2015, 23:30   #124
BHPian

This looks very much like a Mobilio facelift. The front end looks decidedly better than the Brio-esque one of the Mobilio, although that thick chrome strip on the face looks awkward and reminds me of the dialog from Sharabi: "Moochhen ho to Natthu Lal ji jaisi ho, warna na ho". (If one wants to have a moustache, it must be like Natthu Lal's, the guy with a huge moustache).
The dashboard looks asymmetric/skewed, but still better than Mobilio's. Front seats look awfully thin. Possibility of a CVT is a welcome move in this segment, and I hope Honda offer it in the top trim as well, unlike competitors that decide to offer it only in the mid trim.
I hope Honda price it sensibly this time around.
mustang_shelby is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 06:53   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

3rd row backrest doesnt inlcine much. And if the incline for the 2nd row is just that much, both these seats are not going to be too comfortable for long travel.
Old 30th October 2015, 07:45   #126
Team-BHP Support

Honda has imported components for the BR-V compact SUV into India. These part have come from Indonesia, where the car is manufactured.

The move indicates that the company might start manufacturing the car in India soon. It is also possible that the parts have been imported for having a trial production run.

Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV-image1.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 05:33   #127
Senior - BHPian

Honda BRV Autocar review.

ecenandu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 10:05   #128
Team-BHP Support

The car driven by autocar has the same old Brio steering wheel, while some other media reports show the steering wheel borrowed from the Jazz. Hope they stick to the latter since that makes a big difference to the cabin.

And from the reviews, seems to be a very spacious and airy cabin to be in. A good mix of MUV'ish (Mobilio) practicality with some SUV'ish appeal thrown in. In fact, unless prices are much higher, I don't see a reason for Honda to retain the struggling Mobilio in their range once the BRV comes out.
Old 1st November 2015, 11:22   #129
Senior - BHPian

Hope they have an option to remove the last row of seats and return it to the dealer for a few accessories Would rather have the boot space instead. Its a shame that it is not wide enough to seat 3 and that would have rather helped the stability of the car as well with its wide stance. Duster is still better in that area even though multiple challengers have now come in.

1.5 with AT sounds awesome but it being a CVT is a downer. Any reason why they couldn't stick to the 5AT from earlier City? As much as CVT is a boon in city traffic, it really struggles in highway and if one doesn't know how to overcome it, he can be in a sticky spot.

I feel the car is a bit longer for what it is and could have had a few cms shrunk off to give it a proper SUV stance. The side looks like a MUV although the front looks SUV like and awesome.

As CD says above, the steering wheel has to go and be replaced with the Jazz/City ones. If they can plonk in the previous gen City's wheel, that would be superb.

Hope it comes to play soon. Need more competition to make manufacturers to not be slacking.
SchumiFan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 11:50   #130
BHPian

This does look far more acceptable than the motor show pictures, and I seem to get a better and better opinion of the BR-V the more it is revealed. I had strongly criticised Honda's jumped-up-Mobilio strategy earlier, but it does start to get better now that the production model is revealed. It does look far better than the Mobilio from just about every angle though. However, it feels more like a sporty, adventure based station wagon than a proper SUV. Anyway, it doesn't look too bad for what it is. And in fact, the modern station-wagon design I feel has a certain American-style feel to it. And if the way overstyled XUV can be so warmly accepted by our market, the BR-V surely can too.

I came to know from someone at Autocar that the BR-V is certainly not getting the 1.6 diesel (dang!), or an AMT or any automatic diesel variant. What the BR-V is getting though, is spruced up interiors than what we saw in the media drive pictures, so expect a 'premium' looking dash layered with beige and chrome, the typical Indian way (Honda knows very well how 'premium' works here ). The seats should also get comfier, and the top trim should almost certainly get beige leather seats. Also I was told that Honda is seriously working on the diesel's NVH, and we may expect a somewhat more refined iDTEC than in earlier cars. The sheer driveability of the engine was never in question anyway. So this is starting to look like a great highway car.

If Honda stays within their limits with the pricing, and keep in mind that this is ultimately a Mobilio-based vehicle, this is another success story for Honda. It does deliver in the crucial areas. The Creta too is essentially a hatch in an SUV body, but look how well received it is, due to the SUV look; despite the ridiculous prices, especially of the diesel. In comparison with the XUV, this BR-V definitely seems more mature and modern.

I think the BR-V looks to be the sweet spot between both Creta and XUV, being a modern-looking SUV with seven seats. Honda will also definitely look to cash in on the CR-V's image with the BR-V, the way Hyundai did with the Santa Fe's with the Creta. As for the XUV, unless Mahindra comes with a far more matured and reliable XUV next generation, I don't think it will stand its ground.

The thing to look for is, whether the people prefer the added practicality of the seven seats or the Creta's styling. If they are okay with five seats, they would most likely go with the Creta over this. And if too many people think as such, the BR-V might be in a risk of failure, even if Honda stay honest with it. The people's outlook is going to be the key to this car's future here, even over Honda's effort or commitment. That said, if the BR-V receives a hugely celebrated welcome like the Creta, and gets announced to more people like the Hyundai, it could also just simply carry on from the strong start and not come too far down for a long while.

Last edited by mukul32 : 1st November 2015 at 12:16.
mukul32 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 18:16   #131
BHPian

Honda BR-V First Drive Review - Auto Portal

kalleo4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 21:29   #132
BHPian

Honda is showing the BR-V in a ‘Misty Green Pearl’ shade for the first time.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV-hondabrvmistygreencolour.jpg  

Old 6th November 2015, 11:43   #133
BHPian

Will honda bring BRV with a proper 215 R16 tyre or will they put weedy 175 R15 tyre like the city or 185 R15 like the mobilio.
Old 6th November 2015, 12:18   #134
BHPian

Hope, the team-bhp drive report for the BR-V is coming-up shortly.

If I am not mistaken, isn't the person in this picture our friendly moderator Samurai-san?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV-hondabrvfrontseatsattwinringmotegi900x675.jpeg  

Last edited by naut : 6th November 2015 at 12:19. Reason: edits
naut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 12:20   #135
BHPian

Quote:
the picture!!
maybe its just me - but i HATE when lady models stand next to cars! I mean they should be on lipstick ads/leather jackets etc! But why should they mar the full view of a car
The green colour looks nice.
Back to the original thread - personally feel, not very different from Mobilio.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed