Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2015, 13:50   #1
BHPian

Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV

Mod Note: Our BR-V Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Here it is....

Guess the length could have been shortened a bit! Still a looker though! If priced well, can give the Creta a good competition (already looks much better than the Creta, IMO!)
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV-hondabrvfrontthreequarteratgaikindoindonesiainternationalautoshow20151024x682.jpg  

Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV-hondabrvparkedatgaikindoindonesiainternationalautoshow20151024x682.jpg  

Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV-hondabrvsideatgaikindoindonesiainternationalautoshow20151024x682.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 25th May 2016 at 09:46. Reason: Linking to review thread :)
vinair is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 13:58   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda to develop Brio-based compact SUV

The Honda BR-V has been unveiled at the GIIAS 2015 Auto Show in Indonesia.

RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 14:02   #3
BHPian

After the launch of creta and s-cross there is something to look forward to now

Could be a good option for wannabe XUV buyers who are put off by the unending niggles of the home-grown beast

Could also give creta and s-cross a run for their money

Honda, bring it on
Old 20th August 2015, 14:02   #4
BHPian

It somehow isn't looking all that good as it appeared in the sketches. It looks more like an MPV than a crossover / SUV. Side profile resembles a lot to Mobilio. Too much of chrome spoils the front look as well.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 14:07   #5
BHPian

I sincerely believe had the rear door window line been straight rather than mobilio like depress it would have given a much better SUVish look rather than a MPV. This looks more like MPV.
saurabh041086 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 14:10   #6
BHPian

The front looks good but the length and the rear window spoils it for me. It gives it more of a MPV like stance. A shorter in length version with the front window line continuing till the end would have been awesome
crazyro is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 14:29   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
It somehow isn't looking all that good as it appeared in the sketches. It looks more like an MPV than a crossover / SUV. Side profile resembles a lot to Mobilio. Too much of chrome spoils the front look as well.
+1 to you. It is a Mobilio with a SUVish front. Side profile is completely Mobilio with higher GC. Doors are just too flat for an SUV. Honda should've beefed up a little bit. Rear also not much different than MUV. The window baseline is abruptly ending on C pillar. IMO should've continued till the end of the window line.

Also the vehicle is looking very narrow in width to me.

Overall I am disappointed. It should be called "Mobilio Adventure".
Its a Mobilio with cosmetic job in and out for which I am sure Honda is going to ask price in the league of S-Cross and Creta!

Here is a quick comparo image.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V: The Brio-based SUV-hondabrvprototype_007850x382.jpg  

Last edited by ajnagpur : 20th August 2015 at 14:48.
ajnagpur is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 15:05   #8
BHPian

Yet another vehicle from Honda with skinny tyres. The front and the side profile upto the front door looks quite all right. Rear door onwards, Honda has lost the plot and it is just Mobilio. A raised bonnet with some interior changes seems to be the only changes compared to the Mobilio. Honda could might as well launch it as Mobilio V2 and scrap the existing version. I also donot see any purpose in launching this separately as BRV. Disappointing
Old 20th August 2015, 15:06   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

That is one ugly rear end.

Also, is there any information on the size of the vehicle? From the pics, it looks "very narrow" (read mobilio-ish ). I hope it has a width of more than 1750mm. Any less width, and the vehicle looks disproportionate for a +4m car.
jvk84 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 15:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvk84 View Post
That is one ugly rear end.
True. Actually Mobilio had a well designed rear and they could have mostly retained it or improvised a bit.
Old 20th August 2015, 15:21   #11

Is Honda out of designs ? Why should it waste time on the same designs which they already released ? Disappointing :(
Old 20th August 2015, 15:24   #12
Senior - BHPian

Honda to develop Brio-based compact SUV

IMHO Looks hideous. Why does the chrome in front get bigger and bigger with each car. The should have done away the boorish chrome plate at the back too. It looks like chrome of creta in the back. The car in white looks terrible. More CRV ish front end 1st generation. Hope they don't do the Jazz with the pricing.

Last edited by geeash : 20th August 2015 at 15:30.
Old 20th August 2015, 15:26   #13
BHPian

The difference between this car and the Mobilio - BR-V is a compact SUV and the Mobilio is MPV, right?

Now, BR-V is NOT compact - because, it is large - with 4+ meters in length and enough seats for 7+ members, though the last row seems only for kids.
BR-V of course is not an SUV, because it is monocoque with car type dynamics, and will not be as rugged as any traditional SUV, though I am not commenting on the engine Honda would add here.

What I see is an MPV with some addition of roof rails, plastic claddings all around.

Honda should have done its home work and given us a 5 seater compact car with SUV dynamics (to call it a Compact SUV). 4+ meters length of this car would have made it a worthy Creta competitor.
But this is now a lost opportunity.
Or Honda would have the last laugh by positioning this against Toyota Fortuner

Last edited by hybridpetrol : 20th August 2015 at 15:28.
hybridpetrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 15:28   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvk84 View Post
Also, is there any information on the size of the vehicle? From the pics, it looks "very narrow" (read mobilio-ish ). I hope it has a width of more than 1750mm. Any less width, and the vehicle looks disproportionate for a +4m car.
Since both cars are remarkably similar in their side profile, expect overall dimensions of the BR-V to be similar to the Mobilio as well. Honda has already declared that the BR-V will be a seven-seater, so I am expecting the cabin to be similar to the Mobilio's layout.

The only change we will see inside the BR-V is the dashboard and features on offer, which might be borrowed from the Jazz/City bin. Everything else, including the steering wheel, looks to have been brought down from the Brio/Amaze/Mobilio bin.

And, knowing Honda's history of overpricing their cars, I expect the BR-V to be introduced directly in the XUV 500 territory. A starting price of 10 lakhs and stretching to 17 lakhs for the top-end variant won't be out of the equation, since Honda will be beating 3 drums continuously for the BR-V:

1) 7-seater,
2) i-DTEC option,
3) Honda badge.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 20th August 2015 at 15:29.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 15:28   #15
Senior - BHPian

Nothing looks great about this car. Just looks like a "beef up" Mobilio. The interiors are at least not carried over from Brio / Mobilio, but very identical to City / Jazz. It just looks like Honda are trying to mix and match things from their different cars. Regarding pricing, I don't think Honda will follow Ford (Aspire pricing). After seeing how Honda priced the Jazz, they will definitely charge that "premium price" which comes with the Honda Brand. Pricing will be at par with S-Cross / Creta or may be more.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed