Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2006, 15:21   #16
BHPian

Toyota considers Indian market differently from its international market. Thruout the western world Toyota is considered reliable, cheap, people's car where as in India they are luxury cars!!! (same is true for Honda as well)
Old 7th September 2006, 16:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee
Can anyone give Cedia sales figures. This is a decent looking car inside and outside with good features. If i get a decent sales figure to convince myself, i will be seriously lookg at buying one.Apparently there aren't much on roads in HYD.
I think creating confusion with more variants is a kind of strategy. Atleast they get some pies if not many! I seriously think so.
OT: Cedia is good car and I think it doesn't need any sales justification to be bought. But Civic is just an attacker to it and has left no way out for Cedia. Before Cedia could catch pace, its sort of killed by Civic. However, I have no idea about Cedia sales figures, but they should not be astonishing anyway.
Old 7th September 2006, 17:28   #18
BHPian

As GTO pointed out, does anyone know what is being offered at this discounted price? A lot depeneds on that.
Old 7th September 2006, 18:12   #19
BHPian

Bangalore TOI had an article today on this new corolla. Its called corolla executive and some of the missing features are
- No airbags
- No audio system
- No alloys
Old 7th September 2006, 18:15   #20
BHPian

Stripped Corolla Executive!!!!

Per Times Auto (supplement to the Times of India, Bangalore edition) today, Corolla Executive will NOT have airbags and audio systems. It will have a three spoke steering (like the one in the lower variants of Innova, I guess) and steel wheels. No mention about ABS.

The article says that this version would give a scare to Honda City but I doubt it would because City buyers are mainly after mileage (except VTEC, which is a small number).

Good luck Toyota!!!!!

Cheers.
Old 7th September 2006, 18:22   #21
BHPian

HE (Executive!) is 1.8J family Corolla i.e. the earlier entry level Corolla is going to be stripped further. Not sure what features will remain and what will be removed.
Old 7th September 2006, 19:06   #22
BHPian

Corolla Executive

Hi,

Corolla executive is h1 minus
1. Airbags
2. sound system
3. 10-spoke alloy

Actually it is no different from the H1 in terms of price. While the H1 was going for a difference of 50k-100k at different times during last few months and depending on the dealer and the city, the Corolla executive will not have any discount. So both should effectively have the same price.

OTR it will be close to 1m (don't know the exact figure).

It will definitely
a). Bring down the brand value of a corolla
b). increase sales
c). hit the Honda City

subbarp
Old 7th September 2006, 20:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp
Hi,

Corolla executive is h1 minus
1. Airbags
2. sound system
3. 10-spoke alloy

subbarp
From what I understand, it would have a music system, but it would be a cheaper version without a 6-CD changer.
Old 8th September 2006, 00:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeis
I think just cutting price won't do. Toyota will have to launch a fresh Corolla in order to sustain in such hard competition. Octy, Cedia and now Civic!
Cedia isnt a competition to Corolla.... however good the car is. Toyota sells in India.
Old 8th September 2006, 10:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
Cedia isnt a competition to Corolla.... however good the car is. Toyota sells in India.
Perhaps you are right but I listened many people confusing between Corolla, Octy, Cedia and yes Optra! No matter if they left out the Cedia in second round of thinking, but Cedia was there in many's mind.
Old 12th September 2006, 18:28   #26
BHPian

What if someone were getting a further 75 K off ( ie 8.1L)- will it be worth it over a Honda city vtec?
Old 12th September 2006, 18:38   #27
BHPian

What if I can get it for 8.1 Lkhs

Guys - getting an offer ( corporate deal) on the corolla for 8.1 Lkhs - will u consider buying the stripped down corolla for that price - I had earlier decided to get the Honda city VTEC
How would u compare the vtec city to the corolla
Thanks
Old 13th September 2006, 16:32   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantw1
Guys - getting an offer ( corporate deal) on the corolla for 8.1 Lkhs - will u consider buying the stripped down corolla for that price - I had earlier decided to get the Honda city VTEC
How would u compare the vtec city to the corolla
Thanks
Dude, thats a question definitely worth posting in What-Car section. You would get good responses! Personally, I would go for corolla anyday as it is more powerful and has almost the same FE. I feel its more spacious too!
Old 14th September 2006, 02:09   #29
BHPian

at that price, my view is that you should not even think! Corolla is a segment above and you can add lots of goodies to that since you save a lot of money!!
Old 23rd September 2006, 20:22   #30
BHPian

The HE is The H1 minus (-)

1) Airbags
2) Keyless entry
3) Alloys
4) Courtsey Lamp
5) Audio System

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks