Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2016, 16:03   #46
BANNED

re: Fiat could replace Linea with Aegea or Grand Siena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Fiat confirms production of new sedan (X6S) that will substitute for Siena and Linea for Latin America. This will have no resemblance to the European Tipo/Aegea sedan.
If this X6S pictures are to be believed , then Fiat can expect resemblance in the form of sales figures of Linea. What kind of fools would try to bring a car which looks like the old one, that too one which failed? Tipo/Aegea was the only way for Fiat India to have a fighting chance in our market. Our market is maturing to higher offerings in most segments, see how Baleno and i20 sells. Fiat India is so stubborn that they will never learn from their mistakes. If this attitude continues, that can pack their bags soon.
Old 20th June 2016, 11:55   #47
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Aegea

Hi Team,

I have given my Linea for 1.05 L kms service today at Tirunelveli. While speaking with service folks, they have mentioned Fiat Aegea will be launched on Sep 2016 with 1.6 engine and AMT box.
The person is very much sure on it and it's been discussed and confirmed in one of his training.
I haven't heard any news on new launch from fiat. This one surprises me as well thinking to stop searching fir new car till to get confirm news.
Do anyone has news or details about Aegea launch.

PS. Punto Evo 75bhp has been discontinued. It's only available in 90bhp avatar.
New Urban Cross is coming with Aventurra looks minus stepney at rear. Mostly 75bhp.
aks_karthik is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 11:58   #48
BHPian

Re: Fiat Aegea

Great news. My Punto is already 5yrs+ and i have been thinking of a new car but not been able to decide on one.

This definitely is going to be an option worth looking at. Would wait for official announcements to happen. Keeping my fingers crossed until then.
Old 20th June 2016, 11:59   #49
Senior - BHPian

While I have no confirmed news on this matter, there are lot of reports on auto sites which state that the vehicle will be launched in the festive Season, which roughly corresponds to September time frame that you have mentioned. The vehicle will probably be branded as Fiat Tipo.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 20th June 2016 at 12:39. Reason: edited for words spacing
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 12:01   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hi Team,

I have given my Linea for 1.05 L kms service today at Tirunelveli. While speaking with service folks, they have mentioned Fiat Aegea will be launched on Sep 2016 with 1.6 engine and AMT box.
The person is very much sure on it and it's been discussed and confirmed in one of his training.
I haven't heard any news on new launch from fiat. This one surprises me as well thinking to stop searching fir new car till to get confirm news.
Do anyone has news or details about Aegea launch.

PS. Punto Evo 75bhp has been discontinued. It's only available in 90bhp avatar.
New Urban Cross is coming with Aventurra looks minus stepney at rear. Mostly 75bhp.
Aegea/Tipo is still a doubtful candidate. The marketing team was over ambitious of pricing it at 18 Lakhs for the entry level variant. They were certainly day dreaming. I do not see this getting launched until 2017 end. If and when they launch, if the price is anywhere near their plans, its a dud before launch.

Punto Evo update was supposed to come as a 2016 facelift at the beginning of the year. They are not able to execute that too, as per their initial timeline. Expecting Aegea is way beyond Fiat India's Capabilities.

Last edited by moralfibre : 20th June 2016 at 22:50. Reason: As requested
nkrishnap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 12:20   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Aegea/Tipo is still a doubtful candidate. The marketing team was over ambitious of pricing it at 18 Lakhs for the entry level variant. They were certainly day dreaming. I do not see this getting launched until 2017 end. If and when they launch, if the price is anywhere near their plans, its a dud before launch.

Punto Evo update was supposed to come as a 2016 facelift at the beginning of the year. They are not able to execute that too as per the their initial timeline. Expecting Aegea is way beyond Fiat India's Capabilities.
+1 to that.

More so if indeed FCA planning to launch it during festive season, going by the standards Fiat should have started testing it on our roads, which is not the case here as we haven`t seen any spy shots or test mules.
Old 20th June 2016, 13:04   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat could replace Linea with Aegea or Grand Siena

No entries on Zauba, either for the Aegea/Tipo or for any Fiat 1.6L engines.

Unless Fiat is thinking of some last-minute fully imported CBU units whizzed into India through some express shipments, I don't see how a 2016 launch is even remotely possible.

If FCA is serious about giving us the Aegea/Tipo, it won't be before mid-2017 at least. Right now, they are focusing all energies into the Jeep brand.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 13:11   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Aegea/Tipo is still a doubtful candidate. The marketing team was over ambitious of pricing it at 18 Lakhs for the entry level variant.
Fiat's X6S is a probable replacement for Linea, due 2017 in Europe and 2018 in India, and it makes sense as the next Gen Punto (X6H) will share the same platform - the platform used for the current generation of 326 Palio and Grand Siena!
Old 12th July 2016, 08:55   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

17th July is likely the day that Fiat Linea will end production in Brazil. They will continue to offer as long as stocks last.

Project X6S a derivative of the hatch X6H (currently on test) will likely spawn the replacement to Linea in Brazil.

For India too it is likely the X6S will be the replacement to the current Linea. A 2018 time frame would seem realistic.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 21:43   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

With Fiat patenting the EGEA in India, Grand Siena will likley not be launched, could be dropped from the product line and replaced by Project X6S.

Link (Fiat Egea unveiled at the 2015 Istanbul Auto Show)
Old 10th December 2016, 23:19   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
With Fiat patenting the EGEA in India, Grand Siena will likley not be launched, could be dropped from the product line and replaced by Project X6S.

Link (Fiat Egea unveiled at the 2015 Istanbul Auto Show)

You just made my day!!! I really hope Fiat gives India its very best...

Regards
Bharath
Old 18th January 2017, 08:08   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat X6S the replacement to Linea /Grand Siena now spied. To launch late 2017.Seen on test with the body of GRAND Siena.

Quote:
If the "shell" is a Grand Siena, all the mechanics, suspensions, rear axle and platform are the new model. Due to the larger size, the Grand Siena's with a seam near the fuel tank nozzle. In front, the engine is the new model, therefore, the lamas seem to jump out
As well as X6H, the X6S will have visual inspired by the European Tipo. However, some contacts indicate that the sedan may have the lead with differentiated visual compared to hatch.

The X6S will be wider and longer than the Grand Siena, as well as the X6H he will have the wider gauge. Unlike the hatch, sedan will feature only with the Firefly and 1.3 engines e.Torq 1.8 EVO.

Quote:
The sedan will have versions equipped with the 1.3 engine Firefly that has power of 101 HP and 13.7 kgfm (gasoline) and 109 HP and 14.2 kgfm (ethanol). In the case of the transmission -will be 1.3 thruster the five-speed manual and automated Dualogic also five positions.
Fiat could replace Linea with Aegea or Grand Siena-f1.jpg
Fiat could replace Linea with Aegea or Grand Siena-3.jpg
Fiat could replace Linea with Aegea or Grand Siena-5.jpg
Fiat could replace Linea with Aegea or Grand Siena-flagrafiatx6s2.jpg

http://www.autossegredos.com.br/2017...-seda-da-fiat/
Old 18th January 2017, 08:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

Too, too dated to be a Linea replacement. The current Linea, though a little long in the tooth and also a little too familiar due to its age, is still a very good looking car. I saw one in the arctic blue last evening while riding back home, and was admiring those gorgeous lines and the solidity that car exhibits. Just the pull type grab handles would make it much better right now.

Fiat could replace Linea with Aegea or Grand Siena-linea_large.jpg

If Fiat India is having a hard time selling the current gorgeous-looking Linea, they seriously should never bring in this replacement
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 09:35   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Too, too dated to be a Linea replacement.
Fiat Linea replacement in India could be the Project X6S- the car is not yet revealed.
Old 18th January 2017, 10:07   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Too, too dated to be a Linea replacement. The current Linea, though a little long in the tooth and also a little too familiar due to its age, is still a very good looking car. I saw one in the arctic blue last evening while riding back home, and was admiring those gorgeous lines and the solidity that car exhibits. Just the pull type grab handles would make it much better right now.

Attachment 1596645

If Fiat India is having a hard time selling the current gorgeous-looking Linea, they seriously should never bring in this replacement
Just sold it and the color was termed "Foxtrot Azure". Yes, not only is a good looking car but in its price segment was eons ahead of its competitors when launched - there were no Rapids or Vento then and the competition was the older Verna, SX4 and older Honda City. With its Microsoft Blue & me, ACC, dual airbags and Abs - Linea at launch seemed a generation ahead. Shame Fiat never quite made a splash with it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks