Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2015, 09:43   #1546
BANNED

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Happened to see a Baleno Alpha variant with its DRLs in full glory. At the time of dusk, it's brightness was super-irritating, specially if you are in a low slung car.
I fully agree and had a first hand experience with those HID's on High beam for a continuous of 4 kms where I had to speed away a bit to let my eyes see the road rather than close due to the glare.

IMO the auto-dimming IRVM couldn't handle the glare from the HID's on the Baleno.

Look at the picture:

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_20151122_212811tile.jpg

I had to crouch and sit to save myself from them. Sad!

PS: An honest Request to all Baleno/S-Cross owners with these projector setup -- Please use them in high beam IF and ONLY IF REQUIRED! These lights are a Pain for cars ahead and also oncoming vehicles. Please use cautiously!
a4anurag is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 10:02   #1547
Senior - BHPian

Hey folks a friend of mine is facing a little trouble with Mandovi Nexa Palace Grounds. He had booked a Ray Blue Diesel Alpha Baleno on October 25th (they had even informed him that his was one of the first few bookings 3rd for that particular variant) with a promised delivery date of November 10th which then got delayed to December 10th and is now being delayed to mid Jan. I suspect money is switching hands somewhere in the form of bribes and thus preventing him from getting the car at the earliest when he should have. He is a pleasant natured chap and thus has not even yelled at the RM just called me this morning really upset with the news. Does anyone have any clout here with Mandovi Nexa? Or even suggestions as to what to do would be helpful. Had this been Hyderabad I would not have needed to ask but I am not familiar with much here in Bangalore so any help on the matter and how to proceed would be much appreciated.

Thanks
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 10:18   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Hey folks a friend of mine is facing a little trouble with Mandovi Nexa Palace Grounds. He had booked a Ray Blue Diesel Alpha Baleno on October 25th (they had even informed him that his was one of the first few bookings 3rd for that particular variant) with a promised delivery date of November 10th which then got delayed to December 10th and is now being delayed to mid Jan. I suspect money is switching hands somewhere in the form of bribes and thus preventing him from getting the car at the earliest when he should have. He is a pleasant natured chap and thus has not even yelled at the RM just called me this morning really upset with the news. Does anyone have any clout here with Mandovi Nexa? Or even suggestions as to what to do would be helpful. Had this been Hyderabad I would not have needed to ask but I am not familiar with much here in Bangalore so any help on the matter and how to proceed would be much appreciated.

Thanks
I am having similar experience with them, I had to call them everyday to get any details that I wanted from them. And only after a week of haggling I got the info I wanted. Looks like not a well organised place for sure. But looking at how things are going with the other Nexa's it is not a great experience either. Regular Mandovi Maruti folks I have dealt with are really nice, courteous and sincere people.

I will try and see if I can get any details.
Old 24th November 2015, 10:57   #1549
BHPian

I had similar experience with Mandovi Nexa, for my S-Cross booking. I was told that the vehicle is despatched from factory and later when it's supposed to be at their warehouse for PI, the RM called me and told that there is a mix up and car will be delivered in next lot! I eventually cancelled by booking with them, and went for another Nexa dealer. I'm sure that Mandovi playing with booking preference.
Old 24th November 2015, 11:43   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Overdrive has done a comparison of Jazz,I20 and Baleno diesels and crowned the Baleno as the segment king, I20 the runner up and the Jazz as the last.
I think they are very impressed by the value or the features to price ratio of the Baleno which no doubt is great.
One surprise is that they claim the I20 to be the best handler in this comparison. Never expected that!

http://overdrive.in/reviews/comparo-...vs-honda-jazz/
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 11:47   #1551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
One surprise is that they claim the I20 to be the best handler in this comparison. Never expected that!
[/url]
Woah what!? I would rate handling as Baleno>Jazz>i20 I've stopped reading magazines lately as they do have some very biased and uninformed reviews on cars. Sometimes our desi autojournalists are so narrow minded that they do not see the good in plenty of products even autocar does this quite a lot
IshaanIan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 12:26   #1552
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Firstly, Congratulations for booking a new Baleno. Btw, what is the expected waiting period quoted by NEXA dealership ?

Secondly, the difference in tail-lamp design is there & is highlighted by various automotive websites too. The difference is between Top end variant of Baleno(Alpha, i guess) & rest of the variants and basically that white element is a rear fog lamp strip in top end alpha variant while the rest of the variants doesn't have this feature, so those variant carries simpler inverted Red element-U tail-lamp design.
They said the waiting period is between 6-8 weeks but I will be getting a 2016 manufactured model so haven't got in touch with them lately. Will be going there once Jan starts and thereafter be in constant touch to get the car
Old 24th November 2015, 16:03   #1553
BANNED

Quote:
No Offence to i20 owners but just posting a response looking at the results of that comparison!

If the i20 can be termed as the best handler in that comparison then it speaks of the bias these writers follow when jotting down. I can't fathom on what grounds have they come to this conclusion!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 16:14   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Overdrive has done a comparison of Jazz,I20 and Baleno diesels and crowned the Baleno as the segment king, I20 the runner up and the Jazz as the last.
I think they are very impressed by the value or the features to price ratio of the Baleno which no doubt is great.

http://overdrive.in/reviews/comparo-...vs-honda-jazz/
I have noticed that some of the auto journalists use the term "ride quality" and "handling" inter changeably. Looks like most of the time they mean how the car handles bad roads than how the car handles to varying twist and turns and driver inputs. I am sure going by these auto journalists Porsche will have the worst road handling since it almost transfers everything from the road into the car!! And can be pretty stiff ride and which is the purpose of true blue sports car!

I guessed this confusion exists when the initial reviews stated this is the "best handling Maruti" ever! Then where will this leave Swift at? Because Swift handling is sharper than Baleno.
WRXXX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 08:43   #1555
BHPian

I am in the market for a new Premium hatch for my wife and had narrowed down to the Jazz or the Baleno. My experience with the Nexa dealership is horrible. I am based in Thane and I called the toll free number for NEXA to get me information on the car. I was told a sales representative will get in touch with me. This happened 2 weeks back and still no call. Giving them the benefit go the doubt i decided to call the dealerships in Mumbai. I have since called all 4 dealerships in Mumbai (Lower Parel, 2 in Andheri and Turbhe) and all of them have the same lack lustre attitude. They don't seem to be interested in selling the car. All of them have told me that they do not have a test drive car and are not willing to give out any delivery schedules whatsoever. I had visited the Turbhe dealership on Sunday (November 22, 2015) and noticed that the dealership was heavily understaffed. There were customers walking around without anyone to help.

In my opinion, this is an amazing car and VFM but if Maruti has such a poor Pre-sales service that I do not feel like going and spending money on it. I frankly feel that Maruti has done a great blunder by setting up separate NEXA showrooms. They should have just set aside a part of larger showrooms to display NEXA products (S-Cross and Baleno) and sold through the current sales network. This would have given them a greater reach in the market. Just imagine just 4 dealerships for the whole Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane Regions. The next closest showroom is in Pune.

Maruti has to rethink its sales policy if they want to sell the Baleno in large numbers.
Old 25th November 2015, 09:32   #1556
SRK
Senior - BHPian

It was said that NEXA had got people from non-automobile background as RMs. I feel this could be one of the reasons as these few RMs who have not sold cars earlier may not have the experience to handle the current load which has been directed to the NEXA showrooms since the launch of the Baleno.

What I am worrying about is how will they cope once the Baleno owners start to get their cars for servicing, as it was said that the RM will be a single point of contact. I hope Maruti starts thinking about having exclusive NEXA service points soon or atleast dedicated areas inside existing service centres for a better experience.

Also given that the Swift now gets ABS and Airbags across all variants deciding between the Baleno and Swift becomes confusing, specially for some one who would not utilize the back seat much. While the Baleno has better space and a few more goodies, the Swift still has an edge when it comes to handling. Also Swift will always command a better resale value. Some one who was looking to upgrade to the Baleno only because of the safety features now has very few reasons to upgrade.
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 09:40   #1557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post

What I am worrying about is how will they cope once the Baleno owners start to get their cars for servicing, as it was said that the RM will be a single point of contact.
No issues here, once the contact is established with the service team, then you can go directly with queries/appointments.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 09:58   #1558
BHPian

Checked out the car with a friend. Here in Cochin, the car has a 3 month waiting period. Experience at Sai Nexa was ok. They claim to have 500 plus bookings so far. Car seems fine, but the doors, bonnet etc seems to be light and flimsy. The RM said its because of the extensive use of high tensile steel that its so.. That the car would provide far greater protection to the occupants than any other car in the sub 10 lakh space. Friend is booking the car next week. Price revision in January, it seems.
Old 25th November 2015, 11:55   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobydick1983 View Post
The RM said its because of the extensive use of high tensile steel that its so.That the car would provide far greater protection to the occupants than any other car in the sub 10 lakh space.
I would have told him to prove it.I have been saying this right from the beginning,the sales guys just talk on the basis of the training that they get.I had visited the Nexa showroom to see the s cross where i had asked about why only two airbags and the answer that I got was the car is already comfortable and why does one need more airbags.I will reserve my comments till the crash reports come out.
I did check out the Baleno,didnt like the front,it sure looks good in the blue colour.Wish they had given the 90ps engine.For me the baleno will never be an upgrade since i already have the old swift.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 25th November 2015 at 11:57.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 13:47   #1560
Distinguished - BHPian

If they have used high tensile steel, shouldn't the parts feel solid? It's ok to feel lighter (while lifting), but if you press hard on the panels, it should stay rigid. Has anyone tried that??

Again, I don't think Maruti will ever be able to make a product that can be solid - it's simply not their forte; nor they are interested I think. Its a company which is obsessed with FE & will go to any extent to remain the king.

Its time we realise what our priorities and choose a product based on that. Unlike couple of years back, we have quite a few worthy options.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed