Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2015, 11:56   #1576
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Any idea about the so called---
I hope they do not charge a premium for the NEXA branding, given that there is part sharing between the cars.
All parts used for cars sold through Nexa outlets seem to be branded thus. Not sure on the pricing part of them, but will be available only at Maruti ASC's.

Nexa outlets will not see any consumables /spares parts, they will only deal in accessories but fitment of those too will be done at the respective ASC's.
Old 26th November 2015, 11:59   #1577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
IMO your 3.5 years old Polo is looking better than Baleno. What do you think about white color on Baleno? Did it look good on Baleno and is it the same white shade as the Polo?
Thanks a lot. Regarding the white color of Baleno, its not as white as the one on Polo. Rather more like the one found on previous gen Figo/Fiesta Classic. It certainly did look good, though not eye catching I would say. A nice set of wheels would certainly enhance the looks of Baleno in white by multifolds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Polo and Vento are timeless designs. I loved them from the day it was launched in India. Even today even though both these cars are kind on the tooth without much of a design change, It still attracts my attention.

Baleno looks more subdued and family type in from of the Polo which feels aggressive stance.

Moreover white doesn't suit the Baleno but compliments the simple lines of the Polo.
There's no doubt Polo has a timeless classy design and even after 5 years in the market, it doesn't really feel outdated. But Baleno certainly didn't look all that bad in white either. A nice set of wheels will certainly improve the stance of the car as compared to the one I clicked with the stock rims with wheel covers. Moreover, I've seen the car on road in almost every color available. If I were to pick I would take the silver shade, it really suits the design language of Baleno.
GameOfCars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 12:51   #1578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
What I am worrying about is how will they cope once the Baleno owners start to get their cars for servicing, as it was said that the RM will be a single point of contact. I hope Maruti starts thinking about having exclusive NEXA service points soon or atleast dedicated areas inside existing service centres for a better experience.
Maruti service has mostly always been five stars in my experience (granted I only give my cars to what I believe to be the best service center in the city) they only need to make improvements that's it. Setting up separate NEXA outlets for service as well, would seem silly IMO. If they can service my Kizashi (albeit barely manage to do so given their technical expertise) then they can definitely handle an S-Cross or Baleno given that they come with the same internals as most of their cars, with the exception of the S-Cross's 1.6 multijet motor.
IshaanIan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 13:40   #1579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Setting up separate NEXA outlets for service as well, would seem silly IMO.
They will have a separate building in the existing Maruti Service premise catering to cars sold through NEXA. This was told by Bimal Service personnel.
Old 26th November 2015, 14:08   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
They will have a separate building in the existing Maruti Service premise catering to cars sold through NEXA. This was told by Bimal Service personnel.
I was told that they'll have a few dedicated bays in the existing building of all the Maruti Service Station to cater to Nexa cars. Given the fact that these service stations are around since long and real estate & space being at premium, i doubt there would be room in the existing service stations to create a new separate building for Nexa cars.

May be the newer service centers being created going forward, might have separate buildings for Nexa and regular Maruti cars.
Old 26th November 2015, 14:29   #1581
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
I was told that they'll have a few dedicated bays in the existing building of all the Maruti Service Station to cater to Nexa cars.
My specific reference to is of Bimal at Bangalore. They have an exclusive building being prepared for S Cross, Baleno, etc.
May not be possible to replicate such in constraints as outlined by you.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 16:03   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
My specific reference to is of Bimal at Bangalore. They have an exclusive building being prepared for S Cross, Baleno, etc.
May not be possible to replicate such in constraints as outlined by you.
Apologies! I interpreted that the Bimal personnel made a generalized statement for all Maruti Service Stations. My bad.

Guess you would be amongst the lucky few who might get a premium Nexa experience for the servicing of your S Cross right from day 1!
Old 26th November 2015, 18:41   #1583

Hello BHPians,

This is my first post on Team-BHP, and I am glad to be part of this forum.

I have booked Alpha Petrol Baleno (Premium Silver / Granite Gray / Ray Blue) (still in a dilemma over the color) from Nexa Ambattur here in Chennai. This being my first car, i had to weigh in all the options available. i almost decided to go with the Polo but then after seeing the Baleno in flesh, i instantly decided this had to be my first. The "Premium" Nexa Experience was in fact not so premium and was at par with other dealerships. i made a booking on 08/11/2015 and was told the waiting period was 2 months and the RM assured me that he will try to deliver it a bit earlier that the stipulated period.

As the year is ending, i am seeing the discounts available for other similar cars are skyrocketing. Out of curiosity would like to know if there is a room for negotiation from Nexa. I know a cash discount is pretty much out of the window, but maybe getting a couple of accessories or even the basic accessory kit as a complementary would make the deal even sweet.
Old 26th November 2015, 19:14   #1584
Senior - BHPian

I test drove a Baleno diesel at Kalyani NEXA, JP Nagar, Bangalore. I was totally impressed with the car.
Here are my observations:
(Note: The other diesel cars I've driven are Innova and 1st Gen i20 for a short while)
  • Compared to the innova, the engine noise is almost non-existent, but compare it to the 1st gen i20, it feels noisy
  • The engine feels linear under 2k RPM, it was my first time driving the MJD. Post that there's a surge, just took it to 2.5 K RPM once. It sure isn't dead under 2000 RPM, but don't know how it'll behave with a full load. Even with lag, I wasn't be shifting often, just as much as the Innova (only two people in the car). I guess what helps it's cause is the light weight construction
  • The brake is pretty grabby after the first inch of play which is dead
  • The clutch throw is short, same with the accelerator. The clutch is light too
  • I found ride quality amazing, although not too much better than my Getz
  • The MID was showing 15.8 kmpl, which I though is low. Maybe the car was driven enthusiastically
  • Didn't go over any humps to test GC
  • Coming to the bad part: THE LIGHT STEERING. It feels disconnected. I don't know how much effort to give. I didn't take it to any high speeds above 60 kmph. The HPS of the Getz is too good.

Good part about the Baleno: All models have dual airbags and ABS. So I would pick a base model, add alloys and music system.

No way this is replacing the Getz at home. Getz will remain for the next 5-6 years.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 26th November 2015 at 19:16.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 19:16   #1585
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prathirajkumar View Post
I have booked Alpha Petrol Baleno (Premium Silver / Granite Gray / Ray Blue) (still in a dilemma over the color) from Nexa Ambattur here in Chennai. This being my first car...
Congrats!

This might be a reason why Maruti now concentrates on the premium segment. First time buyers are directly going to premium models and SUVs than starting from A to A+ to B... The aspirational value of cars are also playing a big role here. The A and A+ segmenters like Alto, Eon, Wagon R, Celerio, i10 etc are losing out this value, IMO.
Old 26th November 2015, 19:22   #1586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As the year is ending, i am seeing the discounts available for other similar cars are skyrocketing. Out of curiosity would like to know if there is a room for negotiation from Nexa. I know a cash discount is pretty much out of the window, but maybe getting a couple of accessories or even the basic accessory kit as a complementary would make the deal even sweet.
You have already made the booking, shook hands, the deal is technically done. This is a new launch and with a waiting period of two months, you really cannot expect any discounts. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask for a few accessories but don't feel bad if they don't give in. Things like mats, mud-flaps and a polish could be expected but that's it. Besides, you booked the Alpha variant and that is pretty loaded so unless you are talking about gaudy chrome garnishes, there is not much you can gain from looking at the accessories department
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 19:59   #1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Congrats!

This might be a reason why Maruti now concentrates on the premium segment. First time buyers are directly going to premium models and SUVs than starting from A to A+ to B... The aspirational value of cars are also playing a big role here. The A and A+ segmenters like Alto, Eon, Wagon R, Celerio, i10 etc are losing out this value, IMO.
Thank You. The reason those cars were considered were because the car would be owned for at least 7 years and i don't think those cars would satisfy me in the long run. Also the comfort of the Baleno was a huge plus in it's kitty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
You have already made the booking, shook hands, the deal is technically done. This is a new launch and with a waiting period of two months, you really cannot expect any discounts. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask for a few accessories but don't feel bad if they don't give in. Things like mats, mud-flaps and a polish could be expected but that's it. Besides, you booked the Alpha variant and that is pretty loaded so unless you are talking about gaudy chrome garnishes, there is not much you can gain from looking at the accessories department

Personally i hate that rear chrome garnish. I will try to negotiate for some basic accessories. I brought the topic because it's astonishing to see other car dealers give so many offers and discounts on their car for the month of December. But none of the discounted cars satisfy my requirements and as of now i feel that Baleno is a step in the right direction.
Old 26th November 2015, 20:08   #1588
BHPian

Test Drove the Baleno Alpha Petrol today. Had high expectations from the Petrol Motor, as heard lots of praises for it. But sadly I was disappointed by its performance. With just me and a SA, the pickup felt very restrictive. Even the NVH failed to impress going by Petrol standards. The brakes were very good, and found the ride quality to be ordinary. The car was factory fresh and had just 180Kms on the ODO. May be I need to test drive another car for a better opinion.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 20:18   #1589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Test Drove the Baleno Alpha Petrol today. Had high expectations from the Petrol Motor, as heard lots of praises for it. But sadly I was disappointed by its performance.
No matter what the figures on paper say or the power to weight ratio is, the fact is raw Suzuki Petrols of the past are gone. The new K-Series line feels weak in comparison to F10d, G10b, G13b, G16b, M16a, J24b I guess the last good petrol was the M16a unit from the SX4 the modern K-Series motors all lack that raw yet punchy Suzuki characteristic. Pity we won't see the old motors anymore.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 20:19   #1590
BHPian

Quote:
Out of curiosity would like to know if there is a room for negotiation from Nexa. I know a cash discount is pretty much out of the window, but maybe getting a couple of accessories or even the basic accessory kit as a complementary would make the deal even sweet.

Hello Prathiraj,

Welcome to team-bhp.

As Ishaanlal rightly pointed out, since u have already booked the car, in effect the deal is done. Normally, discounts or freebies are to be negotiated prior to booking the car, to extract maximum value. Nonetheless, Baleno being a new car, and selling like hot cakes, i doubt if they'll offer anything.

I too haven't got any discount or free accessory. My SA had told me upfront that they have strict instructions not to commit any freebies to customers at the time of booking. In fact, on one occasion while i was in the Nexa store test driving the Baleno, i even saw one SA let a prospective customer walk away just because the customer was adamant that he would book only if mats and mud flaps are offered free along with the car !!

These Nexa guys are milking the opportunity to the utmost till the party is on, i.e. till Baleno commands a waiting period. Post that, you can expect your regular offers like free accessories and cash discounts.
viv_cal is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks