Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2015, 22:23   #1591

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Hello Prathiraj,
============
These Nexa guys are milking the opportunity to the utmost till the party is on, i.e. till Baleno commands a waiting period. Post that, you can expect your regular offers like free accessories and cash discounts.
Thank viv_cal

I did try for some negotiations in the beginning prior to booking, but the RM said that as Baleno is in demand, they are not offering anything currently. I still have told him that the insurance will be done outside through an external party and he reluctantly agreed to it.

I guess that's pretty much what you get when you buy a newly launched car
prathirajkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 10:24   #1592
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend has recently booked the Alpha Petrol variant and he mentioned that he had no choice as no other variant comes with Driver's seat adjustment.

Since the seat height adjuster is the lever type operated manually (unlike a powered one that usually has a jog) I was wondering if this cannot be sourced after market. Any idea ?
Old 27th November 2015, 10:51   #1593
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Since the seat height adjuster is the lever type operated manually (unlike a powered one that usually has a jog) I was wondering if this cannot be sourced after market. Any idea ?
How? It's not just a lever, you need the entire seat frame to be lifted up. You are forgetting the entire mechanism of the seat height adjustment will need to be added. The bottom seat will be fixed if there's no seat height whereas with seat height adjustment you need a sub frame to lift up.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 10:57   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
A friend has recently booked the Alpha Petrol variant and he mentioned that he had no choice as no other variant comes with Driver's seat adjustment.

The Zeta variant too comes with seat height adjustment. I have booked a petrol Zeta too. It's about 80k to 100k cheaper than Alpha. You will miss out on projector headlamps, touchscreen infotainment (apple play) and different tail lamps

Also a bhpian has got the entire seat replaced in his Swift with a height adjustment one. There is a thread about it.
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 11:59   #1595
BHPian

Whilst I await for the Alpha Baleno, I have been offered a Polo GT Diesel for 7.75 from April 2015 with only 3000 kms on it. Is that a better buy?
Old 27th November 2015, 12:29   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Whilst I await for the Alpha Baleno, I have been offered a Polo GT Diesel for 7.75 from April 2015 with only 3000 kms on it. Is that a better buy?
Why would anyone sell at that price? IMHO, check the car thoroughly.
Old 27th November 2015, 13:00   #1597
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The bottom seat will be fixed if there's no seat height whereas with seat height adjustment you need a sub frame to lift up.
Yes, my question was is such a seat available after market ? And will it be feasible to fix one (cost, effort ?) replacing the OEM one that comes with the car ? Any effect of such a mod on the warranty ?

EDIT: when can we expect the official TBHP review of the new Baleno ?

Last edited by NPV : 27th November 2015 at 13:03.
Old 27th November 2015, 13:10   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Why would anyone sell at that price? IMHO, check the car thoroughly.
Yes, had it checked. Apparently the seller is moving abroad so it is a bit of a fire sale. He even asked me to keep it for a couple days and see if I liked it. Am considering it. I prefer the idea of spanking new car though.
Old 27th November 2015, 13:14   #1599
BHPian

Got a chance to capture the Ray Blue Baleno at a traffic light.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_20151126_184039.jpg

IMO, when rear is litup, this is one of best looking rear this side of 20 lakhs alongwith Tata Zest with all those rear lights.
mrbaddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 14:21   #1600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Yes, had it checked. Apparently the seller is moving abroad so it is a bit of a fire sale. He even asked me to keep it for a couple days and see if I liked it. Am considering it. I prefer the idea of spanking new car though.
Polo petrol is not easily sold. So before finalizing check for any accident damage. Otherwise the deal is fine.

The new one is 8.75 ex showroom here in Delhi, so 7.75 is just 20% less (during resale neither the road tax nor the insurance is credited)

Last edited by Aroy : 27th November 2015 at 14:25.
Old 27th November 2015, 15:04   #1601
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Got a chance to capture the Ray Blue Baleno at a traffic light.

IMO, when rear is litup, this is one of best looking rear this side of 20 lakhs alongwith Tata Zest with all those rear lights.
I agree and How about the lights of Elite i20?

That's the only thing I love of that car.

If the Baleno, both the headlights and tail lights are irritating IMO. Too bright!
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 15:09   #1602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If Maruti sells the bottom frame/part of the seat then any Baleno can be converted to one that has seat height adjustment. What is definitely possible is getting a new seat and having the old one replaced, but the costs would be prohibitive. If there is a Baleno Alpha that has met with an accident and has been scapped, then that would be the most cost-effective route to get the height adjustable Driver seat
Old 27th November 2015, 15:12   #1603
BHPian

I drive a Dzire AT that doesn't have height adjustable driver's seat, while the Zxi version has it. Sai Service Pune offered me to fit adjustable one in my car at a cost of just 2k using the existing seat. I haven't done it yet because I am comfortable with the highest position!

Thanks,

Pradeep

Quote:
Yes, my question was is such a seat available after market ? And will it be feasible to fix one (cost, effort ?) replacing the OEM one that comes with the car ? Any effect of such a mod on the warranty ?

pradkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 16:04   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I agree and How about the lights of Elite i20?

That's the only thing I love of that car.

If the Baleno, both the headlights and tail lights are irritating IMO. Too bright!
Elite i20 rear looks good even without lights on, but probably the transformation of lights-off vs lights-on in Baleno & Zest is too drastic is what might be making them look too good when lights on.
I typically am not a sedate driver, but when I'm behind a Tata Zest during night I try not to overtake and drive sedately to savor the sight.
Considering the brightness of rear lights of Baleno, I might not do the same.
Old 27th November 2015, 19:35   #1605
BHPian

Quote:

Please see this link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...eview-128.html

This T-BHPIAN has installed ZXI seats in his VXI for Rs 6K. Maybe you can ping him. If you get any clarity from Maruti if this is doable on the Baleno then please post here for the benefit of others as well.

If it can be done at 6K for Swift I do not think it would be too expensive for Baleno also.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks