Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2015, 15:34   #1621
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
So, I should
1. Ask the VIN from the RM and ask him to arrange a PDI at the yard
2. give the vehicle details to the bank and ask them to release the loan payment after being satisfied with PDI
3. Check the vehicle again at the time of delivery
4. Make the down payment in cash, sign the documents and take delivery.
Am I right or missing something?
I have done like this,

1. Got the VIN number and done the PDI along with RM
2. Gave the Cheque ( issued from bank to company) to the RM and given go-ahead for registration.
3. Got the Reg Number and confirmed for registration
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 15:55   #1622
Senior - BHPian

My uncle purchased a petrol Alpha and the car was delivered the week before last. His previous car was the first gen Verna XI petrol. While the car is quite satisfactory in all other respects, the suspension is quite jumpy according to him. Tyre pressure was 42psi from the showroom, but that was corrected immediately. Running 29psi nitrogen at the moment. I suggested trying 27psi at the rear because the rear seats are generally empty, and increasing only for highway runs. Let's see how that goes.

Any feedback from other petrol Alpha owners? Wonder when the official review will be out.
Old 30th November 2015, 16:06   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post

Glad to hear that the AVN voice commands work well. Would be a useful feature. What all can be done using the voice commands?

Agreed, centre armrest is purely ornamental and at most can be used as a storage compartment. Should have either been placed a little forward or should've been a couple of inches longer in length.

Personally i too feel that the rear AC vent is one feature which will be sorely missed. But with Delta & above trims offering an Automatic Climate Control, i thought that the front & rear uneven cooling shouldn't be as acute as you mentioned.
AVN Voice Commands are available for making calls[ say Call <Name> ], playing music [ say Play <Song Name> ] , navigation [say Navigate to <Name of the stores address like 'home' 'office' > ] and a few more. In most cases it works well.

Automatic climate control is another one that works well, but I guess due to the large space there is some uneven cooling, though it isn't acute.
aravindkumarp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 16:41   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Test Drove the Baleno Petrol and Diesel both yesterday and here are my feelings towards both.

Petrol:

1) Is Rev happy and picks up speed pretty fast. I am a diesel head but I kind of liked how it moved.
2) Gear shifts were pretty okay, a little notchy, maybe it was a new car or maybe abused one, did not like this that much.
3) The engine can be heard at higher rpms and it sounds sweet if you are into that, otherwise its just noise.

Diesel:
1) 1st gear is somehow very laggy, needs a firm smash of the throttle to reach the torque band which appears at around 2200 rpm in 1st.
2) From 2nd gear onwards it pulls clearly till higher rpms.
3) The engine is a bit noisy when you rev it and even the rear passengers will be able to hear it, but if you are into diesel cars, that noise will be music
4) The gearshifts were very nice and clutch was pretty light too.

Handling:

The steering gearbox is geared towards being fast and so is the handling, you can feel it the moment you turn the steering which is light in city traffic and very direct too. Mere little turns of the steering will make you change lanes like an F1 car and the confidence it inspires is amazingly brilliant. Its a handler and way better than most vehicles available on Indian roads at that. The steering size is just perfect and its leather wrapped and it reeks of quality when you hold it.

Ride and Comfort.

Only Harsh bumps and potholes filtered inside the car, rest the smaller ones were dismissed quite well. It has no rear AC wents, which would have gone a long way in cooling the rear passengers in this long hatchback. Secondly the Central Console on the top end version with its touch screen and GPS just looks fantastic and the touch is responsive too. Highly would recommend anyone buying to go for the top version if budget is not a problem. Even DRL's on the Red looked so fantastic and sadly they come only on the top variant.

Space:

The space at the front and rear is just humongous. People will never feel a lack of it even if it means 2 six footers sitting behind each other. The boot is big, but the lip to load it is quite high.

Negatives:

The petrol had little rattles from the rear while we were test driving it, which is quite surprising. Not sure if this was one off or this will
start rattling soon.

The alloy wheels are boring.

The rear with 3 people sitting behind sags, a coil spring adjuster is in order if you plan to keep the car loaded and don't want to mar the looks

This needed a 90 bhp diesel as it looks premium from inside out, a little more power and torque would have gone a long way in keeping that premiumness.

Would I buy one ? Hell Yeah I would.
humyum is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 16:59   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
I have done like this,

1. Got the VIN number and done the PDI along with RM
2. Gave the Cheque ( issued from bank to company) to the RM and given go-ahead for registration.
3. Got the Reg Number and confirmed for registration
Thanks. You mean you gave the cheques for both down payment and loan amount after the PDI?
Old 30th November 2015, 18:40   #1626
BHPian

I happen to go for the test drive for petrol and was totally faltered with the way MS has stepped up from their previous models and indeed my experience at NEXA was not so premium. But still, was way above the experience in other showrooms. It is a little too harsh to see the way people rushing into NEXA and booking the baleno without taking TD's or discussing the specifics. I initially routed for the sigma trim, but after seeing the kind of gadgets/quality with which it comes in I have set my mind on the delta variant now. After treacherous and tiring amount spent in the NEXA for 2 days I could finally decide and went ahead to book a Delta trim!! I'm excited for this one. Having said that, the RM was very poor with the knowledge of technicalities, let alone the car technicalities, her knowledge on the trims was way below average! It's sad how the people, who have absolutely no passion or knowledge are selling these machines. It has been told that the car will take minimum 3 months! So, the wait begins.
Old 30th November 2015, 19:00   #1627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
I happen to go for the test drive for petrol and was totally faltered with the way MS has stepped up from their previous models and indeed my experience at NEXA was not so premium. But still, was way above the experience in other showrooms. It is a little too harsh to see the way people rushing into NEXA and booking the baleno without taking TD's or discussing the specifics. I initially routed for the sigma trim, but after seeing the kind of gadgets/quality with which it comes in I have set my mind on the delta variant now. After treacherous and tiring amount spent in the NEXA for 2 days I could finally decide and went ahead to book a Delta trim!! I'm excited for this one.
Congrats on the car. Few weeks ago, we went in to check the Baleno too (apart from the Jazz) and we came impressed. Although, I did not take the test drive, but was impressed with the space inside the car, the build quality among other things. The space inside is very good, esp. at the rear. My friend who is 6'2 had no troubles sitting behind the driver's seat even when it was fully pushed backwards. The boot size was also impressive, though on paper, the Jazz had a wee bit more of it. The only fault I could find here was a high loading boot bay. Probably, my friend will go for the Baleno as well than the pricier Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Having said that, the RM was very poor with the knowledge of technicalities, let alone the car technicalities, her knowledge on the trims was way below average! It's sad how the people, who have absolutely no passion or knowledge are selling these machines. It has been told that the car will take minimum 3 months! So, the wait begins.
Though I wholeheartedly agree with you that the sales person should have the facts about the car on their fingers but as you know, a lot of people here have to work out of their passion field because of the limited job opportunities available. Unlike us, for a lot of others, cars just aren't an exciting stuff. It is just another job for them so I try to not rate the selling staff and take decision myself being an informed buyer. If I had bothered too much, I would have lived half my life telling people that what I drive is a Zen and not an Alto. If I have to speak about Nexa staff, despite all good things, I felt them to be more mechanized than Honda people who were little more warm.

Coming to Nexa, its a spruced up attempt by Maruti. Hope it brings them what they have been targeting with it. It was crowded since it was festive time, but still all were offered good hospitality in my observation.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 30th November 2015 at 19:04.
Old 30th November 2015, 19:19   #1628
BHPian

Drove the Baleno Petrol over the weekend. I liked the car overall. The only grouse I had with the car is the long clutch travel. While the clutch is light, the travel is a bit too long and gets annoying sometimes. Did anyone else notice it?
Old 30th November 2015, 20:05   #1629
BHPian

Is it only me??Cars in 5-6L range look grossly overpriced compared to the Baleno. Was interested in Celerio, Wagon R, Grand i10 etc. But a drive of Baleno has left me very confused. The Delta Petrol OTR is coming around 6.3-6.4L, and comes with all basic bells & whistles. The Celerio & Wagon R AMT with Safety Packs are coming around 5.6-5.8L, so hardly a huge difference in price. Love the easy drive of the AMT's, but Baleno is definitely much more premium, comfortable and looks chic. I guess need to go through another round of test drives to sort out the confusion.
Old 1st December 2015, 10:12   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
My uncle purchased a petrol Alpha and the car was delivered the week before last. His previous car was the first gen Verna XI petrol. While the car is quite satisfactory in all other respects, the suspension is quite jumpy according to him. Tyre pressure was 42psi from the showroom, but that was corrected immediately. Running 29psi nitrogen at the moment. I suggested trying 27psi at the rear because the rear seats are generally empty, and increasing only for highway runs. Let's see how that goes.

Any feedback from other petrol Alpha owners? Wonder when the official review will be out.
The same here, the tyre pressure was 40 psi from the showroom, didn't notice it was jumpy for the first week but I did feel it once I started driving alone. Then corrected it to 29 psi, and its fine.
aravindkumarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 10:47   #1631
BHPian

My RM has sent me the chassis and Engine no. But he is resisting PDI by me at yard. He said he was hearing such a thing for the first time. He was repeating the same sentence again and again 'sir mujhpe trust kijiye. I will give you a 'fresh' car without any problems. But it won't be possible for me to take you to yard for PDI.' I don't know what to do.
Old 1st December 2015, 11:04   #1632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My RM has sent me the chassis and Engine no. But he is resisting PDI by me at yard. He said he was hearing such a thing for the first time. He was repeating the same sentence again and again 'sir mujhpe trust kijiye. I will give you a 'fresh' car without any problems. But it won't be possible for me to take you to yard for PDI.' I don't know what to do.
Do not budge. Insist on the PDI. It is not your fault that he is hearing such thing for the first time. You may also ask him to visit www.team-bhp.com.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 11:27   #1633
BHPian

Too much demand for the car has made them arrogant. He clearly said that PDI at yard would not be possible and he would allot the car to the next customer If I don't want it.
Old 1st December 2015, 11:34   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Too much demand for the car has made them arrogant. He clearly said that PDI at yard would not be possible and he would allot the car to the next customer If I don't want it.
You can simply walk away - do NOT budge to these guys' whims. For all you know, they may be trying to push a TD car to you. Do not sign on the RTO Papers until you have seen the car in flesh and have done your PDI - They generally make you sign on blank forms which are meant for registration at the RTO. Don't sign these until you do the PDI.

The RM may be too busy during his work hours to spend the time driving to the yard and back - his motive may be to try and squeeze in a couple more bookings from prospective customers in the time it takes for him to take you to the yard and back. After-all, its a game of commission and meeting sales targets.

If he still insists that the PDI cannot be done, cancel you booking or get it transferred to another dealer and buy from them.

Last edited by vsathyap : 1st December 2015 at 11:35. Reason: typo
vsathyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 11:34   #1635
BANNED

Quote:
Shoot a mail to Heads @ Maruti Suzuki regarding this bullying attitude. Don't budge, yet visiting another dealer or task to the manager of that showroom plus inform him about your escalation to Maruti.

You are entitled to the PDI before registration or else ask that RM to give you in writing that any problem in future, he is responsible for to not letting me do PDI to my satisfaction.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks