Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2015, 11:46   #1636
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
My RM has sent me the chassis and Engine no. But he is resisting PDI by me at yard. He said he was hearing such a thing for the first time. He was repeating the same sentence again and again 'sir mujhpe trust kijiye. I will give you a 'fresh' car without any problems. But it won't be possible for me to take you to yard for PDI.' I don't know what to do.
Having previously worked at a dealership and being paid pittance per car I can only tell you that they will avoid taking you to the yard for a PDI as travelling there and back will cost them their own money (and time of course) not paid by the company.
Try asking him to accompany you by offering him a ride till stockyard and back in taxi or some other vehicle. If he still doesn't budge then do the rest
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 11:57   #1637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
You can simply walk away - do NOT budge to these guys' whims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Shoot a mail to Heads @ Maruti Suzuki regarding this bullying attitude. Don't budge, yet visiting another dealer or task to the manager of that showroom plus inform him about your escalation to Maruti.
The thing is I have to complete this purchase as soon as possible. So going to another dealer is not possible for me. I have told the RM to talk to the showroom manager about the PDI and let me know. weird thing is that this showroom doesn't let you talk to the manager easily. When I call the reception to and tell them I want to talk to the manager they ask my RM's name and connect me to him. :( If nothing works I will get from RM in writing that in case there is a problem with the car he would be responsible for it.
Old 1st December 2015, 12:02   #1638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Too much demand for the car has made them arrogant. He clearly said that PDI at yard would not be possible and he would allot the car to the next customer If I don't want it.
Shoot a mail to Maruti, as others said. Which dealership is this? I have never faced such issue with any Maruti dealer. I have walked to GM-Sales/Service whenever there was a need and nobody interferes.

Anyways, mail to Maruti and a call to their toll free number will help, IMO.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 12:09   #1639
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno has received an overwhelming response and bookings crossed 25000 units from the day of launch.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...t_4396061.html
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 12:13   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Shoot a mail to Maruti, as others said. Which dealership is this? I have never faced such issue with any Maruti dealer. I have walked to GM-Sales/Service whenever there was a need and nobody interferes.

Anyways, mail to Maruti and a call to their toll free number will help, IMO.
It is Bagga Link, Kotla mubarakpur, Delhi. I have had a really horrible experience with them so far so don't want to trust the word of RM and want to do a PDI. Can anyone recommend a Maruti email id from which I can get a quicker response? I have tried calling mailing and calling Nexa customer care earlier. They say they will call back but they never do.

Last edited by chandra1 : 1st December 2015 at 12:14.
Old 1st December 2015, 12:35   #1641
BHPian

Quote:
If nothing works I will get from RM in writing that in case there is a problem with the car he would be responsible for it.
Getting such things "in writing" will not be of any value at a later stage unless you do it in a legal manner, i.e., notarize the letter in his presence and two other witnesses (you may have to do this as an "agreement" on a stamp paper; legal experts on the forum can help you better on this).

Moreover, I'm pretty confident (100% confident) the RM will not give any such letter in writing. Best thing to do here is be polite, befriend him, and ask him to come along with you in your own vehicle after his work hours, and tell him this over "chai-paani", i.e., you need to make him work for you in this case!

This may be borderline bribery and many members may object to this approach, but hey - its YOUR car and YOU are going to own it; so doesn't matter if you need to go the extra mile to get things done YOUR way rather than getting a melon/unsatisfactory response from the RM/Dealer and repent later.

Quote:
I have had a really horrible experience with them so far so don't want to trust the word of RM and want to do a PDI.
All these indications clearly point to one thing - trouble! If I were you, I'd walk away and choose another dealer. If the requirement is urgent, I guess you may work out other means of commuting until the car arrives at the other dealer.
vsathyap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 13:18   #1642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My RM has sent me the chassis and Engine no. But he is resisting PDI by me at yard. He said he was hearing such a thing for the first time. He was repeating the same sentence again and again 'sir mujhpe trust kijiye. I will give you a 'fresh' car without any problems. But it won't be possible for me to take you to yard for PDI.' I don't know what to do.
A lot od dealerships are unheard of this practise, so am going to go with the sales rep on this one. However, have you decided the VIN? I am sure with good waiting times, you'll most probably get a brand new vehicle.

However, shoot a mail to him that, if you find anything wrong with the car before delivery, you'll have the privilege of declining this piece and get his acknowledgement. If he still tries any bullying tactics, raise a flag to Maruti.

Quote:
It is Bagga Link, Kotla mubarakpur, Delhi. I have had a really horrible experience with them so far so don't want to trust the word of RM and want to do a PDI. Can anyone recommend a Maruti email id from which I can get a quicker response? I have tried calling mailing and calling Nexa customer care earlier. They say they will call back but they never do.
If this is the case, please lodge a complaint with Maruti customer care & not NEXA. I suggest the emphasis be on the poor customer experience rather than PDI. Since you had a bad experience, you want to ensure you get a good vehicle by doing a PDI. Hope you get the drift.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st December 2015 at 13:24.
Old 1st December 2015, 13:28   #1643
BHPian

Quote:
Getting such things "in writing" will not be of any value ..Moreover, I'm pretty confident (100% confident) the RM will not give any such letter in writing.
..If I were you, I'd walk away and choose another dealer.
I am also sure he won't give anything in writing. At most, he will write an sms or email which is of zero value. I would have loved to walk away if it meant waiting for another few days but I can't go for a waiting period of 3 months or so. I have already wasted a month with these guys. I will try to work this out by talking to senior officials. Talking to the RM seems fruitless to me as he does not seem very serious about making this sale as other customers are already in queue ready to buy the car without PDI.
Old 1st December 2015, 16:39   #1644
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Baleno Bookings Average 1000 Units/ Day as reported on ndtv.
As quoted in the article " While it had received over 21,000 bookings by mid-November, Maruti Suzuki had also managed to sell 4,229 units of the Baleno in October, 2015. However, it doesn't end just there; we have been told the Maruti Suzuki Baleno has been receiving as many as 1000 orders per day. Though there have been days when the car received 700 - 800 bookings per day, there have indeed been days when the number of orders received for the Maruti Suzuki Baleno in a day crossed 1000"

Source: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-suz...from=home-auto

Given the number of existing nexa dealership reach, some of these numbers are indeed interesting
abhik897 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 17:17   #1645
BHPian

MSIL, a good friend of mine was interested in the Baleno and had been waiting patiently for the NEXA VimanNagar guys for a test drive. But seems like the response to Baleno has got to them and they don't care a zilt about the any customer anymore.

Looking at the apathy of the people at NEXA Viman Nagar, my friend has decided to get the New Ford Figo Titanium Diesel.

We both loved the drive, Engine and the build quality.

Wake up call for Nexa people.
Old 1st December 2015, 18:47   #1646
Senior - BHPian

Maruti really needs to up their game. They have a good chance at polishing their brand image with a more premium experience like the one that NEXA is supposed to offer, but they need to ensure that that promise of a premium buying experience reaches everyone interested in their cars. Friend of mine recently had trouble with them postponing the promised date of delivery from November to Jan and had to escalate things to what both of us considered an unnecessarily and frankly embarrassingly high level in order to ensure his car was delivered to him as promised. Reading this thread makes it quite evident that others are going through similar harrowing experiences. This is simply pathetic, I mean I have had mostly brilliant service at regular MS showrooms and service centers in the past so why should "premium" customers have to put up with such nonsense? Something needs to be done. Is there anything we can all do to bring about change as a collective?

Last edited by IshaanIan : 1st December 2015 at 18:50.
IshaanIan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 20:36   #1647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
This is simply pathetic, I mean I have had mostly brilliant service at regular MS showrooms and service centers in the past so why should "premium" customers have to put up with such nonsense? Something needs to be done. Is there anything we can all do to bring about change as a collective?
Would have been 'premium' has the prices been 'premium' as well (see S-Cross)

Fortunately or unfortunately the buyers base has increased and more number of people have money/purchasing power. The limited number of resource cannot be split equally between them and thus arises the 'not so premium' experiences.

As Nexa increase, I think the situation will come to a manageable level.

A unique conundrum for Maruti where there are footfalls in the showroom but the customers are complaining of 'not so premium' treatment. Will be interesting to see how this situation plays out.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 21:55   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Getting such things "in writing" will not be of any value at a later stage unless you do it in a legal manner, i.e., notarize the letter in his presence and two other witnesses (you may have to do this as an "agreement" on a stamp paper; legal experts on the forum can help you better on this).

Moreover, I'm pretty confident (100% confident) the RM will not give any such letter in writing. Best thing to do here is be polite, befriend him, and ask him to come along with you in your own vehicle after his work hours, and tell him this over "chai-paani", i.e., you need to make him work for you in this case!

This may be borderline bribery and many members may object to this approach, but hey - its YOUR car and YOU are going to own it; so doesn't matter if you need to go the extra mile to get things done YOUR way rather than getting a melon/unsatisfactory response from the RM/Dealer and repent later.

All these indications clearly point to one thing - trouble! If I were you, I'd walk away and choose another dealer. If the requirement is urgent, I guess you may work out other means of commuting until the car arrives at the other dealer.
Well, if we start going with this approach the dealers will obviously take us for a toll and this very approach is the reason why our nation suffers! However sticking to the topic, we can ask the dealer for what we want and things like PDI should not be asked for!

Quote:
I am also sure he won't give anything in writing. At most, he will write an sms or email which is of zero value. I would have loved to walk away if it meant waiting for another few days but I can't go for a waiting period of 3 months or so. I have already wasted a month with these guys. I will try to work this out by talking to senior officials. Talking to the RM seems fruitless to me as he does not seem very serious about making this sale as other customers are already in queue ready to buy the car without PDI.
Walking away from the dealer and giving up on your booking is the worst thing one could do, I believe! Make sure they provide you the service which you are paying them for and every penny has it's worth. If I were in your place I would make sure I get the PDI for the car which has been allotted to me, escalating things is not the only to get it but the most efficient way too. Agree for your payments and walk up to the dealer with cheque/DD and ask him to take you to the car, if he denies to do so, walk to his manager, is he also denies stop your payments and tell them you will get in touch with MSIL and will check if they do not allow PDI. Get in touch with the div head and then go one more step ahead. All this scenarios are very unlikely to happen, the moment they see the payment they would want to settle one down for the day! All the best and congrats! These are just little hiccups
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 22:24   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Walking away from the dealer and giving up on your booking is the worst thing one could do, I believe! Make sure they provide you the service which you are paying them for and every penny has it's worth. If I were in your place I would make sure I get the PDI for the car which has been allotted to me, escalating things is not the only to get it but the most efficient way too. Agree for your payments and walk up to the dealer with cheque/DD and ask him to take you to the car, if he denies to do so, walk to his manager, is he also denies stop your payments and tell them you will get in touch with MSIL and will check if they do not allow PDI. Get in touch with the div head and then go one more step ahead. All this scenarios are very unlikely to happen, the moment they see the payment they would want to settle one down for the day! All the best and congrats! These are just little hiccups
I called the dealership and demanded to talk to the showroom manager and was connected to a guy who told me "Sir, we are not even allowed to enter the yard. So, taking you to the yard is out of question. Please ask the bank to disburse the payment and we will TRY to get the car one day before the delivery so that you can check the car. and you will get the car with temporary registration anyway so there is no question of getting tied with the allotted car one payment is made."
I doubt that the guy was really the manager. I plan to visit the showroom tomorrow.

Last edited by chandra1 : 1st December 2015 at 22:34.
Old 1st December 2015, 22:29   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
I called the dealership and demanded to talk to the showroom manager and was connected to a guy who told me "Sir, we are not even allowed to enter the yard. So, taking you to the yard is out of question. Please ask the bank to disburse the payment and we will TRY to get the car one day before the delivery so that you can check the car. and you will get the car with temporary registration anyway so there is no question of getting tied with the allotted car one payment is made."
I doubt that the guy was the manager. I plan to visit the showroom tomorrow.
Yes, never deal with them on the phone! Specially when they are selling cars more than the cakes at a bakery. Go down talk to him and demand for a pdi. Else walk up to the manager and tell him. Earlier I remember there were numbers upto div heads, in the office at the usual MSIL outlets. Not sure if nexa has put em up. Make sure they budge for you and not the other way round.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks