Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2015, 12:14   #1696

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
About the Ford story, you have to understand how Ford and other Automobile manufacturers are insensitive to the service story, so just features alone can't get the sales. And winning trust is a key factor and retaining it is even more so, lets hope this Nexa goof-up doesn't continue. I prefer humble sales people who are sincere as apposed to well dressed, insensitive and zero concern sales people. I think it is the coat that they wear doing the damage
Ford is loosing out due to the poor after-sales service record. But I am seeing more Ford Figos on the road here than Baleno. Have spotted just one, the base variant a few days back.

As for the Nexa RMs, I have had an average, if not poor, experience so far with the Nexa outlet at Kochi. I have booked a Baleno Alpha Blue Ray last month. The RM is very courteous but has no idea when I will get my car alloted, as with all other posts I read so far. Also, I am trying to get more details on the Insurance quote offered (Rs. 26,000). After following up for two days on phone & mail I got a reply that the insurance person will get in touch with me but nothing so far after two days.
mpm2015 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 12:24   #1697
BHPian

I've decided to name my non-existent Baleno as "The Unicorn" - because it is just as mythical. The annoying RM now no longer even bothers to follow up. 4-5 weeks was the promised time. It has been close to 7 weeks. I wonder if my car is getting delayed because I am making a full payment and not going via the finance route. Perhaps the financial institutions are pressuring the dealers to deliver cars where they have sanctioned the loans. Either way, I am at my wits' end.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 12:42   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The SA is right; till the invoicing to the dealer is done, they can't find out whether a car has been allotted to them. And Maruti doesn't allot a car based on the bookings always; they mass produce a particular color based on the total demand and then dispatch cars to dealers. If you are first in queue for a blue car, maruti definitely need to send a blue car to the dealer, though they try and do it.
I have booked a Granite Gray. So is it possible to know which color cars are being produced in the current batch and what is the sequence of my booking amongst all granite gray cars?? Pardon, if my question is stupid.

As per my SA, a Granite Gray Alpha (the same model as mine) which was booked on 6th Nov got allotted on 28th Nov. I booked mine on 10th Nov, so does that give any indication?

Actually, i am totally in the dark as regards the tentative date of the delivery, and hence wanted to check if i can get any pointers.
Old 4th December 2015, 13:45   #1699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
I have booked a Granite Gray. So is it possible to know which color cars are being produced in the current batch and what is the sequence of my booking amongst all granite gray cars?? Pardon, if my question is stupid.
I guess that is not possible but, you can check your sequence of booking for that particular color and variant at your dealer end.

And you can check with the showroom manager about the next allotment of cars to them from Maruti, how many cars with your color are there and what is your sequence number for that particular color and variant.

I've done the same in Hyderabad when I booked the Baleno, and the showroom manager was generous enough to show me my sequence number for White Baleno Alpha diesel in their excel sheet and the number of cars coming in their next allotment.
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 14:01   #1700
BHPian

Took deliver of Premium silver Alpha Baleno (P) booked through Nexa Andheri (E).Will post my observations and review in coming days.

Few observations felt on my first drive:
  • Very spacious
  • Found the gearshifts a little stiff (Will this go after 1st service or should i get it checked )
  • Ride was a bit bouncy and hard (Did not check tyre pressure on delivery.Will check that and get it down to 29 psi if found beyond it)
  • Premium silver looks awesome in real

Few accessories which i will be buying:
  • A good car fragrance
  • 2 cushions for backseat passengers
  • 3D car mat
  • Front,Side & Rear underbody spoiler (maybe a little later)

I would be going to gujarat next week for 2 days which is 1600 Kms return drive.Is it recommended to take the car before the initial running period of 1000 Kms is done? Need your suggestions.

Regards
OHC VTEC
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img20151203wa0029.png  

Last edited by OHC VTEC : 4th December 2015 at 14:07. Reason: Formatting required
OHC VTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 14:23   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHC VTEC View Post

Hello, Congrats on the new car. Wish you many happy miles ahead.

Just curious. Did you buy the black cushions that NEXA is offering? If so how much were they?
Jeevith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 14:27   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Hello, Congrats on the new car. Wish you many happy miles ahead.

Just curious. Did you buy the black cushions that NEXA is offering? If so how much were they?
Thanks .Didnt get time to check them out. Will inquire with them in coming days.
Old 4th December 2015, 14:46   #1703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took deliver of Premium silver Alpha Baleno (P) booked through Nexa Andheri (E).

• Ride was a bit bouncy and hard (Did not check tyre pressure on delivery.Will check that and get it down to 29 psi if found beyond it)
Is it recommended to take the car before the initial running period of 1000 Kms is done? Need your suggestions.

Regards
OHC VTEC
Congrats for your new car!

Tyre pressure must be the culprit. They always over inflate the tyres of new cars, sometimes upto 45 psi.

You can very well take the new car on long drive provided you keep varying the RPM, do not go beyond 2500 RPM and do not exceed 100kmph mark.

P.S. Please post some day time pictures of your car.

Last edited by sourabhzen : 4th December 2015 at 15:06.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 14:53   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I've decided to name my non-existent Baleno as "The Unicorn" - because it is just as mythical. The annoying RM now no longer even bothers to follow up. 4-5 weeks was the promised time. It has been close to 7 weeks. I wonder if my car is getting delayed because I am making a full payment and not going via the finance route. Perhaps the financial institutions are pressuring the dealers to deliver cars where they have sanctioned the loans. Either way, I am at my wits' end.

Sad to hear about the situation. I'm in a different kind of situation where there is a shortage of Ray Blue colour and hence it is being delayed. I booked on the launch date.
But on a different note, people making full payment are generally given priority. One of my friends paid full amount and got it in 2 days. Made payment on Monday, got the car the next day.
I wonder the reason for delay.
Old 4th December 2015, 15:01   #1705
BHPian

Quote:
Took deliver of Premium silver Alpha Baleno (P) booked through Nexa Andheri (E)
Premium silver looks awesome in real
Congrats on your new ride! Would you mind posting a couple of day time pics of the car? (The front, side & rear profile) Actually i have booked a Granite Gray Baleno but its delivery is getting delayed. My dealer has given me an option of switching the color to White or Premium Silver for an early delivery, but he doesn't have any display cars currently in his showroom in Silver. Your pics would be helpful in me taking an informed decision.

Thanks!
viv_cal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 15:22   #1706
BHPian

I have something to share some fact about this New Baleno:

Light in kerb weight doesn't mean a lighter sheet metal used in its body construction, instead it could mean something else also. i.e it might feature a reduced number of components used in its body construction or in its functional form like once Micra did, when it was introduced as it featured many innovations & reduced number of mechanical components to reduce weight & of course associated niggles.

Baleno no doubt is a considerably lighter car than Swift but that doesn't mean its body sheet is even lighter or even thinner or such thing can be believed by mere saying this line.
On asking MASC techincal support employee, he told that Baleno sports stronger Front beam including A-pillar & other critical joint areas than Swift for safety purpose.
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 15:37   #1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
"Unicorn" - Good name Hope the Baleno doesn't actually become a unicorn that is nowhere to see. I think all Maruti customers must raise their voice to bring transparency in the delivery process. In the present age of IT, such delay without a reason or transparency is unacceptable.
Old 4th December 2015, 15:42   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsam View Post
Today, I went for my pre-delivery inspection of Maruti Baleno Alpha (P) at Bimal Nexa in Bangalore. I had pre-booked this car on 01-Oct-15 and I was allotted this car a week ago. I had paid a down-payment of Rs.1.1 lakhs at launch and till now more than half the price of the car. While inspecting the car today (couldn't visit the stockyard on the day of its arrival), I found out that the tie rods, disc brakes and the suspension arm for my car was fully rusted. One other car too showed similar rusting. A similar case (but with lesser amount of rust) was mentioned by SRK in his post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3836233. Also, the people at Bimal Nexa had parked the car under a tree in a corner where there was additional dirt and tree sap on the car. When I refused to take the delivery of the car, they refused providing an alternate allotment and insisted that I will be pushed to the end of the allotment list and had to wait up to 4 more months.

I would suggest you avoid Bimal Nexa in Bangalore - looking at comments on many forums, suggest avoiding all NEXA dealers until they have more competition. I must commend my Relationship Manager (Mr.Chandra) who was very helpful, honest, and always suggested what was right. His team leader and others in the place where giving me the "take it or leave it" attitude and told me that "I didn't know about cars and that all cars rust similarly at the time of delivery". I found it outrageous that they were trying to convince me that it is normal and there are people waiting to get the car, that too in the Ray Blue colour. They even refused replacement under warranty fearing that it would mean they have to admit that vehicles in their stockyard I have started escalating this to Maruti - not sure what else to do at this stage. Please take a look and please suggest the best course of action.

I sincerely wonder how this will affect the safety of the car and the passengers in due course of time. Sad to see the state of the auto industry in India - one decently engineered car and the dealers have the upper hand holding the trump card.

I would suggest you be stern in saying that you want a better car with no rusty parts. When you are paying your hard earned money, why should you settle for anything lesser? They aren't doing any favour on you by giving you a car. They are selling a car and you are paying for it. A customer has the final say. If you have the patience to wait and get a car to your satisfaction, be direct in telling them that you are not willing to take delivery of the car. No need to give in for these kind of people. One thing that helped me when I was buying my Ritz was Escalate the issue . Believe me it works wonders, I got a call within 45 minutes from the Regional territory Sales officer in Delhi when I escalated the issue.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 15:42   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
I would be going to gujarat next week for 2 days which is 1600 Kms return drive.Is it recommended to take the car before the initial running period of 1000 Kms is done? Need your suggestions.
Shouldn't be an issue because the 1st service is merely a check up to see if everything is working fine (at least was the case in my Dzire).

You might just want to bounce it off your RM and try and get it in writing via sms or whatsapp to ensure no issues later on.

In my experience, Maruti has been flexible for the routine checkups.

Congrats and safe driving!
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 15:45   #1710
BHPian

Quote:
Took deliver of Premium silver Alpha Baleno (P) booked through Nexa Andheri (E).Will post my observations and review in coming days.

• Very spacious
  • Found the gearshifts a little stiff (Will this go after 1st service or should i get it checked )
  • Premium silver looks awesome in real
  • A good car fragrance
  • 3D car mat
  • Front,Side & Rear underbody spoiler (maybe a little later)

Regards
OHC VTEC

Congrats on your New looks very awesome. I liked the color. Wishing a Happy and Safe Driving !!
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed