Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2015, 16:34   #1711
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki Baleno Web S Edition launched in Italy

Check this out guys.

Baleno Web S edition for Italy priced form 15,900 Euros (approx Rs.11.55 lakhs). This can be bought online through the website

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-suzukibalenowebseditionfrontquarterlaunchedinitaly.jpg
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-suzukibalenowebseditionrearquarterlaunchedinitaly.jpg

Source: IAB

Here are some of the key features:
EXTERIOR:
  • Blue Boreal colour (is this the same as Ray Blue?)
  • Red stripe on front bumper
  • Body colour rear spoiler (looks nice than the chrome we get here)
  • 16-inch alloy wheels (We too want these alloys Maruti)
  • HID head lamps, LED DRLs, LED rear combination lights
  • Chrome door handles
  • Heated ORVMs with integrated turn signals
  • Privacy glasses (These would be probably darker than what we get here)

INTERIOR:
  • Sports Pedals
  • Leather wrapped steering
  • Red stitching on gear
  • Baleno logo on the floor mats

This one is powered by 1.0-litre three-cylinder Boosterjet engine. Also gets 6 airbags (Front+Side+Curtain), has a radar based braking system. Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) is also offered. Other features are similar to the Alpha model we get here.

Considering that Maruti will make this model in India itself, what is stopping them to offer it here? May be they can provide it on made to order basis rather than asking dealerships to hold stock.

I hope they launch something like a Alpha+ variant and sell it here.

By the way did any one notice that the export models get a Suzuki and Baleno badging while the India model gets only Baleno, any reason for that?

Last edited by SRK : 4th December 2015 at 16:35.
SRK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 16:59   #1712
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Hi guys,
This might be little OT but i am totally confused between Baleno or Ford Figo. Only concern i have with Baleno is its dimensions and comfortability while driving in city. I have taken test drive twice and i have concern about visibility. This might not be the issue for expert drivers but for new drivers this is a cause of concern.

Since alot of people has taken here test drives of Baleno. How would you recommend Baleno for city driving for new driver?
Old 4th December 2015, 17:36   #1713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Hi guys,

This might be little OT but i am totally confused between Baleno or Ford Figo. Only concern i have with Baleno is its dimensions and comfortability while driving in city. I have taken test drive twice and i have concern about visibility. This might not be the issue for expert drivers but for new drivers this is a cause of concern.

Since alot of people has taken here test drives of Baleno. How would you recommend Baleno for city driving for new driver?

Any car apart from the sub compact can take a while to feel comfortable with, so you need not worry about the issues.
I myself learnt to drive on a Honda City so its only a matter of time.
If you think Baleno is the right car for you, go for it.
You can always wake up early morning and get comfortable with driving the car.
Trust me it will be only a matter of couple of weeks at most, and then you would not feel the size of the car.
So consider this while taking a decision.
Old 4th December 2015, 19:19   #1714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Since alot of people has taken here test drives of Baleno. How would you recommend Baleno for city driving for new driver?
Please do not solicit others opinion on this one. Just go with what you f.ind good Figo is an equally good car. Choose what you want; don't live with a product that you realize later, wasn't ideal for you.
Old 4th December 2015, 19:34   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Baleno with 9000+ sales in nov 2015, goes into top 10, causing much damage to swift and i20.
I'm wondering where are all these Balenos. So far, I spotted only two Balenos in Bangalore roads. Out of these two, one was a test drive car from nearby nexa showroom. Are these the number of cars dispatched from factory or the number of cars delivered to customers?
Old 4th December 2015, 20:07   #1716
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Are these the number of cars dispatched from factory or the number of cars delivered to customers?
All sales figures will be the dispatches to dealers.
Old 4th December 2015, 22:52   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
I'm wondering where are all these Balenos. So far, I spotted only two Balenos in Bangalore roads. Out of these two, one was a test drive car from nearby nexa showroom. Are these the number of cars dispatched from factory or the number of cars delivered to customers?
Well then I guess most of them have found their way here to Chandigarh then. But seriously, its become a rather common sight to spot the new Baleno here. The other day I was in a parking lot of a mall and there itself I could spot more than 5-6 of them, mostly in ray blue or white. On the other hand, I've not spotted half as many of the new Ford twins combined i.e (Figo and Aspire) which is a little disappointing as I feel they too are quite brilliantly packaged vehicles.
Old 4th December 2015, 23:04   #1718
BHPian

Anyone anticipating/looking out for alloys. As I have booked grey delta (one of the reasons why I chose delta over zeta). It would be great if I get inputs for alloys and the tyre profile.
Old 4th December 2015, 23:07   #1719
BHPian

Quote:
I'm wondering where are all these Balenos.
Baleno has been being sold only for a month which means there are just around 10 thousand or so Balenos in whole India. And India is not a small country. It will take some time for Balenos to show up frequently on roads.
Old 5th December 2015, 00:13   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
Earlier my RM had refused to let me see the car before the delivery date and full payment. But today I talked to the showroom manager and he agreed to get the car to showroom tomorrow so that I can check it. I plan to make the down payment and also ask the bank to release the payment after I am satisfied with the car tomorrow.
Now the thing is that this is my first car and I know almost nothing about cars (actually still on learning licence; planning to get appointment for permanent in 8-10 days).
What are the things that a person like me can and should check in the car apart from dents, scratches, interior damages etc.? Thank you

The showroom guy refused to let you see the car? That's sheer high-handedness and deserves to be escalated to the highest level. It's just not done.
dtox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 00:16   #1721
BHPian

Today did a brief PDI of the Zeta petrol. Will be taking delivery on Monday or Tuesday. sharing some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_0040.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_0042.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_0044.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_0046.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_00432.jpg  

chandra1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 00:50   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Today did a brief PDI of the Zeta petrol. Will be taking delivery on Monday or Tuesday. sharing some pics.
Congratulations Chandra!
Baleno in white looks really nice. The chrome strip on the hatch going really well with the colour. Do you find any difference in the pearl white colour being offered on baleno when compared to that on swift?
Old 5th December 2015, 05:27   #1723
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Baleno Web S Edition launched in Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
By the way did any one notice that the export models get a Suzuki and Baleno badging while the India model gets only Baleno, any reason for that?
There is NEXA branding in India and its only Suzuki in EU nations

BTW, Suzuki Baleno beats Hyundai Elite I20 in November sales:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-suz...-sales-1251158

Last edited by MercFan : 5th December 2015 at 05:34.
Old 5th December 2015, 11:04   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
As others have mentioned, you need to check out the car to get a "look and feel" of the car. Reviews should only guide you in decision making and not in taking the decision. If there is confusion, you could take a close relative or friend who would understand your needs and then take a decision.

Quote:
Congrats buddy. Am happy you stuck to your guns and did the PDI. As fellow members mentioned, the PDI is a car owner's right and not a favor which the showrooms do on us. Look forward to more pics and delivery experience which hopefully should make up for the PDI scene!
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 12:09   #1725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakarsh View Post
Congratulations Chandra!
Baleno in white looks really nice. The chrome strip on the hatch going really well with the colour. Do you find any difference in the pearl white colour being offered on baleno when compared to that on swift?
Sorry sir, but I haven't had much interest in cars before so can't give you a helpful input here on color comparison with other cars. Only recently I have got interested in cars. The images I have attached are high resolution and have been taken in bright sunlight so are pretty much realistic. You can open them in a new window and have a look yourself.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks