Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2015, 12:24   #1726
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
I'm wondering where are all these Balenos. So far, I spotted only two Balenos in Bangalore roads. Out of these two, one was a test drive car from nearby nexa showroom. Are these the number of cars dispatched from factory or the number of cars delivered to customers?
Completely agree. Even here in Kolkata, haven't yet spotted a single Baleno on road till date (and its more than a month since deliveries have officially started here)! This coupled with the fact that even my Baleno delivery is getting unduly delayed, makes me think that are they honoring deliveries to only certain cities in this initial phase ?
Old 5th December 2015, 12:52   #1727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Anyone anticipating/looking out for alloys. As I have booked grey delta (one of the reasons why I chose delta over zeta). It would be great if I get inputs for alloys and the tyre profile.
You can check with the dealer on some alloy options , atleast the website gives some good alloy options for the baleno, depends what is there in stock .

For delta variant , your tyre profile is 185/ 65 on R 15 rims as against 195/55/R16 in zeta variant onwards .
For your delta variant you have a good range of options in Michelin / yokohama / pirelli given its a tyre size which is widely used across cars.

I have an alpha variant and when I enquired about tyre swaps then given its a new tyre profile there are hardly any options except going for 205/55/R16
Old 5th December 2015, 13:28   #1728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Congrats on your new ride! Would you mind posting a couple of day time pics of the car? (The front, side & rear profile) Actually i have booked a Granite Gray Baleno but its delivery is getting delayed. My dealer has given me an option of switching the color to White or Premium Silver for an early delivery, but he doesn't have any display cars currently in his showroom in Silver. Your pics would be helpful in me taking an informed decision.

Thanks!
Thanks mate.Am out of town as of now so will post them in few days once am back

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Shouldn't be an issue because the 1st service is merely a check up to see if everything is working fine (at least was the case in my Dzire).

You might just want to bounce it off your RM and try and get it in writing via sms or whatsapp to ensure no issues later on.

In my experience, Maruti has been flexible for the routine checkups.

Congrats and safe driving!
Thanks Oh is it.So they don't do oil change and stuff you mean. Didn't know that.Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
Congrats on your New looks very awesome. I liked the color. Wishing a Happy and Safe Driving !!
Thanks Sunsh!nes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Congrats for your new car!

Tyre pressure must be the culprit. They always over inflate the tyres of new cars, sometimes upto 45 psi.

You can very well take the new car on long drive provided you keep varying the RPM, do not go beyond 2500 RPM and do not exceed 100kmph mark.

P.S. Please post some day time pictures of your car.
Thanks sourabhzen. Will check the tyre pressure and correct it.My concern was that on highway we tend to maintain a constant speed so was little sceptical about it.Will follow what you said.Thanks.

Am out of town as of now so will post them in few days once am back
Old 5th December 2015, 15:43   #1729
BHPian

Spotted this baleno with HR registration plates @ Cochin yesterday night. This car was very dirty so I thought it was being driven from the yard to the showroom. Later I found that the Suzuki logo in the front was masked and thats when I noticed the HR plates. It had xenon lamps, DRLs and LED tail lamps but didn't have apple carplay on the inside. Sorry for the crappy picture quality as I was driving and traffic was at its worst too. I failed to notice the alloys, but from the pics I think it's different from what's offered now. Why would they test these cars now that too in Cochin?
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-_20151205_110619.jpg  

SUPERSPORT is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 16:45   #1730

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSPORT View Post
Spotted this baleno with HR registration plates @ Cochin yesterday night.
Is it just me or does anyone think that the colour of the car in the shot looks a lot like black. Personally i would love to own a black car. i know it's high maintenance but i feel it's special. Why don't cars like i20 , polo and now the Baleno come with Black as an option?

"You can have any colour, as long as it's black". Rightly said, Mr.Henry Ford
Old 5th December 2015, 18:03   #1731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Spotted this baleno with HR registration plates @ Cochin yesterday night. This car was very dirty so I thought it was being driven from the yard to the showroom. Later I found that the Suzuki logo in the front was masked and thats when I noticed the HR plates. It had xenon lamps, DRLs and LED tail lamps but didn't have apple carplay on the inside. Sorry for the crappy picture quality as I was driving and traffic was at its worst too. I failed to notice the alloys, but from the pics I think it's different from what's offered now. Why would they test these cars now that too in Cochin?
The 1.6 diesel by any chance. I am already drooling.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 5th December 2015, 18:15   #1732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Seriously doubt it. The test mule might be of the boosterjet. What else would they test?

There are talks about the 90 PS 1.3 making it under the hood too.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 18:32   #1733
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Spotted this baleno with HR registration plates @ Cochin yesterday night.
This most likely the Baleno variant - DDiS200 (90 hp-VGT) on test. Could launch during the Auto Expo 2016.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 19:12   #1734
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This seems like the export variant. The alloys seem to be the same as the one shown at the Frankfurt motor show. Also this has a Suzuki badge whereas the Indian spec gets only Baleno badge (something which I had pointed out earlier too).

Probably they are testing it before the production commences for the Euro-spec model as delivers there will start from March.

I wish they launch the fully-loaded version for the Indian market too at the Auto Expo
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2015, 19:32   #1735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHC VTEC View Post
Thanks Oh is it.So they don't do oil change and stuff you mean. Didn't know that.Thanks for the info.
Do check your service manual to confirm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Save the drools bro... knowing the Maruti, they might be TDing the DDIS 125 :P! On a serious note, it is probably the DDIS200 or TurboBoost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
This seems like the export variant. The alloys seem to be the same as the one shown at the Frankfurt motor show. Also this has a Suzuki badge whereas the Indian spec gets only Baleno badge (something which I had pointed out earlier too).
Stupid question: why would you TD the export version car in Cochin and not around the factory?
Old 6th December 2015, 09:10   #1736
BHPian

I called my RM last evening. Apparently, he is on leave for a family wedding so he has diverted calls to his colleague. The colleague was at least more forthcoming - he switched on the computer and after looking at the numbers told me I am 25th in queue for the Ray Blue and I can expect delivery in March! But if I go for the grey color, they can try end of Jan or mid-Feb. I told him I had booked the car in October. He confirmed this but said this is how it is. I am going to the Hyundai showroom today to confirm the i20 or Xcent AT. Considering it is December, should I expect any year end discounts on the i20?
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 09:59   #1737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I called my RM last evening. Apparently, he is on leave for a family wedding so he has diverted calls to his colleague. The colleague was at least more forthcoming - he switched on the computer and after looking at the numbers told me I am 25th in queue for the Ray Blue and I can expect delivery in March! But if I go for the grey color, they can try end of Jan or mid-Feb. I told him I had booked the car in October. He confirmed this but said this is how it is. I am going to the Hyundai showroom today to confirm the i20 or Xcent AT. Considering it is December, should I expect any year end discounts on the i20?
That is absurd. I was at Nexa yesterday with one of my colleague who booked his car last month. He wanted urban blue which will be available in January but the RM offered grey, white, silver which he promised to deliver before 20th of this month.

I think Accent is a notch below i20 or Baleno. Have you TDed Jazz?
Old 6th December 2015, 10:25   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
That is absurd. I was at Nexa yesterday with one of my colleague who booked his car last month. He wanted urban blue which will be available in January but the RM offered grey, white, silver which he promised to deliver before 20th of this month.

I think Accent is a notch below i20 or Baleno. Have you TDed Jazz?
Yes, I did. I liked both the Amaze and the Jazz - the Jazz moreso than the Amaze. I still feel the interiors of the i20 are a notch above and considering the driving is going to be within the city - the i20 is similar to the Jazz. Yep the Xcent is a notch below - but the loaded AT version is about the same price as the Asta i20 manual after factoring in discounts on the Xcent.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2015, 11:28   #1739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
If you really like the Baleno and can manage upto March, then it's better to wait. Changing the car out of anger or frustration will be a loss only to you. I suggest you wait but don't let them know that you are ok with it. Keep inquiring, calling, and basically eat their head. You never know - you might get delivery sooner. I did that with my Aspire and it worked.
Old 6th December 2015, 12:20   #1740
Senior - BHPian

"Maruti Baleno becomes the 6th best selling car in November 2015. Swift and i20 hit the most, with a sales decline of 34% and 22% respectively."

I always believed that the Swift will be hit the worst once Baleno launches, since Maruti loyalists have been given an option to remain within the family, while opting for a better product.

Source: November Sales-Top 10 best selling cars
Closed Thread

Most Viewed