Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2015, 03:13   #1756
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Heard that 9k+ Balenos sold in the month of November leaving i20 behind with 8.2k.
(Maruti Suzuki Baleno has set a brisk pace in terms of sales with more than 9,000 units of the hatchback bought in November, 2015. The sales figures beat those of the Hyundai Elite i20, which managed a little more than 8,200 units last month.)Courtsey:http:auto.ndtv.com
Anoopscv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 06:55   #1757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoopscv View Post
Heard that 9k+ Balenos sold in the month of November leaving i20 behind with 8.2k.
(Maruti Suzuki Baleno has set a brisk pace in terms of sales with more than 9,000 units of the hatchback bought in November, 2015. The sales figures beat those of the Hyundai Elite i20, which managed a little more than 8,200 units last month.)Courtsey:http:auto.ndtv.com
Not really as per Management Punditz report which says i20 is still ahead , though by a very small margin(1000 odd). Wonder what will happen when NEXA spreads further. Currently NEXA is a small fraction of HYUNDAI outlets? Althought early days but if it stands up to the promise, this might go on to become the next SWIFT

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture.jpg
Source : http://management-punditz.blogspot.in/

BTW more than i20, this seems to have cannibalized SWIFT sales. That's a very steep fall inspite of now having safety features as options right from base model. Dezire continues the bull run as for the 'Badi-gaadi' crazy folks baleno still won't make the cut. So ultimately Maruti might not be very happy with the ultimate result as they are yet to make the intended dent in i20 numbers.

@Mods: When can we expect the TBHP review? Am sure quite a few folks, specially the ones stranded for lack of decent performing petrol premium hatch are eyeing this one. But the super light weight is keeping them at bay for now & the review along with possible NCAP crash test result will really help decide. The latter we can't do much but wait anyways

Last edited by SoumenD : 8th December 2015 at 07:21.
Old 8th December 2015, 07:52   #1758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Not really as per Management Punditz report which says i20 is still ahead , though by a very small margin(1000 odd).

BTW more than i20, this seems to have cannibalized SWIFT sales. That's a very steep fall inspite of now having safety features as options right from base model.
Yes in the link the Elite + Active = 10074, are the volumes seen. Elite alone is 8264 ( Source-ET)

Swift and S Cross volumes are down partly also due to production constraints for prioritizing Baleno. They need to cater to the ~ 45k+ bookings which is growing day by day!

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th December 2015 at 07:55.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 10:29   #1759
BHPian

I had booked on Nov 14th and went to Kalyani Nexa last Sunday to check to see where I stand.
I was told that they havent even processed these requests and are focusing on delivering all booking for previous month. I saw at least 4 cars getting ready for delivery in about 30 minutes that I was there.

I was also advised that if I change color to Orange from Grey I might have a faster delivery
Old 8th December 2015, 11:18   #1760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
It was claustrophobic and being a Maruti owner earlier, the feeling of seated in a Baleno reminds of you sitting in a Maruti instantly. I think it is tough for Maruti to shed its people's car image and jump into premium league.
The car is definitely VFM. Was impressed with the projector lights and AVN. But somehow lacked the punch to qualify into premium league.
+1 to that.

It's quite evident that this has been built to a price and not built premium with price decided later. It's a true blooded "Maruti". Not saying that there's anything wrong with that, but it doesn't justify the premium NEXA tag or whatever Maruti is trying to do with NEXA.

In fact a close relative (older gentleman) with whom I went to see the car as a replacement for his Dzire commented that he wouldn't "downgrade" his Dzire to Baleno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
For me, it would be Jazz, i20 and then Baleno.
After owning the new City, I have serious doubts on the quality of the Jazz considering a lot of part sharing between the City and the Jazz.

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 8th December 2015 at 11:20.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 11:34   #1761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
BTW more than i20, this seems to have cannibalized SWIFT sales. That's a very steep fall inspite of now having safety features as options right from base model. Dezire continues the bull run as for the 'Badi-gaadi' crazy folks baleno still won't make the cut.
I don't see why anyone would buy a Swift/Dezire as opposed to Baleno. The 'badi gaadi' is just an illusion. Baleno has much better interior space as well as boot space compared to Dezire. It's a much better car at a slightly cheaper price!

Of course, these two are very stablished models by now, and human nature sometimes is to stay in the past.
SkyWalker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 11:45   #1762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
After owning the new City, I have serious doubts on the quality of the Jazz considering a lot of part sharing between the City and the Jazz.
Team BHP threads on the new city definitely shows quality getting deteriorated. Agree with you on Jazz too. This also is getting discussed in TBHP Jazz threads.

When it comes to mastering Indian road conditions and Indian buyer mindset, It is always Maruti - undisputed king. Lot of my office colleagues vouch for Maruti without even TD'ing it. To put it simple, for an ex-Maruti owner, it is either to move on from Maruti or be within their fold and keep upgrading from one segment to another. Baleno is a true upgrade option for an ex-Wagon R owner like me, but decided to move on from Maruti.
Old 8th December 2015, 13:09   #1763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHC VTEC View Post
Checked my tyre pressure yesterday n it was in 40's.Guys need your suggestion. What should the ideal tyre pressure in my Baleno Alpha (P) be? Will be leaving for Gujarat at 3 in the morning tomorrow on 800Kms drive non stop. Don't want to take any chances on my first long drive before I have completed my running in of 1000 kms. Plz suggest...
As said before, the driver door side should have the details mentioned. Additionally, the manual will have reference on the tyre pressure.

While its ok to ask for help, its a mandate for all the new owners to read thru the complete manual. You get a whole lot of information about the vehicle.
Old 8th December 2015, 18:46   #1764

Hi All,

I had booked Baleno Alpha (P) in November. The RM has no idea on the delivery date but I have managed to get some details from him namely - ENQ. No, Customer ID, SOB ID & Rec. No. Can I refer these to Maruti to check my booking status or are these just useless details? Anyone have any idea?
Old 8th December 2015, 19:28   #1765
Senior - BHPian

Too early to compare sells numbers of Baleno and i20 Elite. 2 main reasons -

1 Nexa still has less than 100 showrooms when compared to Hyundai's wide spread. Once Nexa showrooms are up in numbers by next year end, things will change drastically.

2 Currently Maruti has limited production capacity for Baleno. Till the time more Nexa showrooms are coming up, Maruti sill surely ramp up the production for Baleno in coming months.

I am sure that Baleno will sell in excess of 15 K per month for first 2-3 years I guess. Surely it will eat numbers from Swift mainly. Maruti will start giving discounts for Swift for sure, that too good amount. Reasons for worry for other manufacturer's for sure

Last edited by aniketi : 8th December 2015 at 19:30.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 09:54   #1766
BHPian

Suzuki Ciaz has pushed Verna out of the contest and now Baleno is doing the same thing to I20. Good comeback by Suzuki. Nice to see, Suzuki reclaiming the top spots across segments. But, I wish Suzuki gives more fun to drive cars like the DDIS320.
Old 9th December 2015, 10:48   #1767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Suzuki Ciaz has pushed Verna out of the contest
That's not quite true. Verna is old compared to the City and Ciaz. When the new Verna comes sometime next year, expect the sales to go up significantly too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Baleno is doing the same thing to I20.
Again, this isn't true. i20 will be hit, no doubt, but don't expect Hyundai to go down without a fight. The i20 might still lose the top spot in the segment but the car carries quite an image and pull that would be hard to beat. All said and done, the i20 scores over Baleno in several key aspects like build quality, interior aesthetics and powerful yet refined diesel engine.

It's good though that the good old Maruti-Suzuki is keeping Hyundai and Honda on their toes. The Baleno has ensured that both these manufacturers are never going to turn complacent. That's exactly what we customers need, don't we?
Old 9th December 2015, 11:26   #1768
BHPian

Dear Mods, when can we expect to get T-Bhp official review of the Baleno? It's been too long waiting for it.
superbhikari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 11:39   #1769
GTO
Team-BHP Support

^ 24 hours sound okay?

We didn't have enough time with the car at the media drive and got the Baleno with us in Mumbai in the 2nd half of November. Some additional info was required, which we completed at the Nexa dealership just yesterday.

Finishing touches in progress.

Thanks
GTO is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 12:58   #1770
BHPian

GTO,

In case your reviews end up positive NEXA will get advances for another 250 cars this week.
manishkapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks