Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2015, 22:36   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post

there is a quarter glass present.It's hidden here by the camouflage.

Oh yeah I noticed it from the launch pics now that you said. The camouflaged pics definitely hide it. My apologies for over looking.
Old 21st September 2015, 22:58   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The New Baleno is wider than Ciaz. ( #136)

Ciaz width is 1730mm while the Baleno is 1,745mm.

Here is the close up of alloys - same is on the display car( some variant)at the Frankfurt Motor show.
Attachment 1417756

Source: pic- Suzukifan

Definitely looks spacious. The main grouse of the Swift being short on space in the rear seems to be addressed. And if these alloys are going to be on the production model, they really are a plus. Much better than the stock alloys on S Cross.
Old 21st September 2015, 23:45   #168
Team-BHP Support

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
The New Baleno is wider than Ciaz. ( #136)

Ciaz width is 1730mm while the Baleno is 1,745mm.
That is significantly wider than the Jazz and slightly more than Elite i20. Hope the same translates to more interior space too.

Width - Baleno 1745mm, Jazz 1694mm, Elite i20 - 1734mm.
Old 22nd September 2015, 05:09   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That is significantly wider than the Jazz and slightly more than Elite i20. Hope the same translates to more interior space too.

Width - Baleno 1745mm, Jazz 1694mm, Elite i20 - 1734mm.
The wheelbase of the new Baleno (2520 mm) is smaller than Jazz (2530 mm) and Elite i20 (2570 mm). Smaller than the Elite by 50 mm. I hope this does not impede on the rear legroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
antenna is short and gels well with the car.
The European spec Baleno displayed at Frankfurt did not have an antenna at all - probably embedded on the rear windshield. Yet the one spied on our roads have the roof mounted antenna. Indications perhaps that what we saw in those camouflaged images is indeed the final Indian spec version.

Last edited by y2ksrs : 22nd September 2015 at 05:20.
y2ksrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 07:16   #170
PCS
BHPian

Confirmed! Name for india is BALENO.
Proof is todays bangalore times below
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-image.jpg  

PCS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 07:22   #171
Senior - BHPian

While the new Baleno is indeed wider, that doesn't always translate to superior interior space. Even the Swift is a pretty wide car. It is as wide as the Jazz or the City but inside it's a different story.

Also, if you compare the Jazz with the Elite I20, the I20 has a larger wheelbase and wider as well but that doesn't translate into more interior space. In fact, the I20 is not even close.Also, Baleno is pretty short which means the kneeroom and legspace will need to more for ccomfortable seating. In short, even though the Baleno will be more spacious than the Swift, I will be very surprised if it can match the Jazz on space (just looking at the design language). At best, it can match the Elite I20. The boot space is pretty impressive.Of course, my opinion can change once we get to see the car in person.

Coming back to the car, the best view of the car is the profile from the side where it looks pretty butch and muscular. The front and the rear view is very ordinary. The car being wide and short gives it a pretty good stance.

Maruti seems to be loading their cars with the best in segment features. The S-cross trumps the Creta in features. It will be great if the Baleno does the same with respect to the Elite I20 though it will be really difficult to match the Elite in terms of features given how well loaded the I20 is. I am very excited about the new Boosterjet engine.Hope Maruti brings it soon and at a competitive price.

My prediction is this car will do well in the market if priced alongside the I20 and Jazz but Maruti can't afford to price it higher (Hope Maruti Suzuki doesn't price it unreasonably by calling it premium and for the Nexa experience).It will probably not dethrone the I20 from the top position but it will be a comfortable second while the Jazz will be a distant third.Actually, Honda should be more worried as the Baleno is coming with a CVT which was one of the USP of the Jazz and if Maruti manages to price the CVT competitively, it might spell trouble for the prospects of the Jazz (not sure if the CVT of the Baleno will be as good as the Jazz and if it will come with paddle shifters).

Last edited by adimicra : 22nd September 2015 at 07:27.
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 08:47   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
The car has a terrific presence on road, it is sooooper wide with a long hood.
Wow! The new Baleno does look nice out on the road.

And I feel at times, we just give too much importance for interior space. Half of Swift' character is coming from those pronounced shoulders which doesn't add anything to the interior space at all.

Its clearly form over function. And at times, you need that. Else, we will all be driving slab-sided MUVs. That will make our roads a very boring place, wouldn't it?
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 09:57   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Wow! The new Baleno does look nice out on the road.

And I feel at times, we just give too much importance for interior space. Half of Swift' character is coming from those pronounced shoulders which doesn't add anything to the interior space at all.

Its clearly form over function. And at times, you need that. Else, we will all be driving slab-sided MUVs. That will make our roads a very boring place, wouldn't it?
Absolutely!
Other uses of wide and big car but not translating into interior space is in providing ample crumple zones in case of crash which we indians most of the time give very little importance to. Ofcourse that is an engineering attribute clubbed with the art department.
But most of the reviews so far have stated it is a spacious hatch, but I agree with Adi that there won't be many or even any that can compete in the interior space with the Jazz in its segment and might not be others intention either!

After a particular point for example all I need is a little more practical space, some thing which is good looking and premium version of Swift Dzire and that is what Baleno is IMHO.
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:41   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am very excited about the new Boosterjet engine.Hope Maruti brings it soon and at a competitive price.
Autocar India has already tweeted that India will get the 1.2L petrol & 1.3 DDiS diesel motors to start off with. I am guessing booster jet will make it's way when the Baleno goes through it's first refresh which could be sometime in Mid 2018 or Q1 2019 assuming it's launched in India by Q1 2016.

I don't understand how Baleno can be sold through Nexa dealers with the same Swift engine. At least S Cross can brag about the 1.6. New cars & designs don't make a premium car, Maruti.
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:43   #175
Lij
BHPian

Probably boosterjet will be available during launch in Europe and maybe that could be the reason its not being launched there right away. If thats the case we should see the turbo petrol in India sometime in the 2nd half next year, probably the festive season.
Old 22nd September 2015, 11:56   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
I wish the grill is same for the Indian version. Double chrome slats are a no no here!
Maruti Suzuki's Baleno for India could retain the same European Front grill design.More spy pics emerge as launch is nearing! Seen with 'little brother' Swift and Swift Dzire

Quote:
The Baleno pictured here appears to be the top-spec trim which gets premium features like LED daytime running lights, projector headlamps and alloy wheels. The car will also feature LED tail lamps, indicators mounted on ORVMs. However, the two slat chrome grille that was reportedly being planned for the India-spec model seems to have been ditched as the spy pic clearly shows the same mesh grille as the European-spec Baleno.
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-2015marutisuzukibalenofronxyraindiaspypics2.jpg
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-2015marutisuzukibalenofronxyraindiaspypics5.jpg
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-2015marutisuzukibalenofronxyraindiaspypics1720x540.jpg
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-2015marutisuzukibalenofronxyraindiaspypics4.jpg

http://www.carblogindia.com/maruti-y...ls-march-2015/

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd September 2015 at 11:58.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 14:32   #177
BHPian

In the previous set of pictures(on page 11), the last pic shows something which looks like rear disc brakes. Can anyone confirm?

This picture -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...unveiled-4.jpg
Old 22nd September 2015, 14:40   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcarnow View Post
In the previous set of pictures(on page 11), the last pic shows something which looks like rear disc brakes. Can anyone confirm?
The pic from the Frankfurt show all disc brakes. Not sure if this will be standard across all variants for India, but at least can expect in the top varaint.

source: #63
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 4353
Size:  237.3 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd September 2015 at 14:46.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 16:26   #179
BHPian

Yes exactly. That is why I'm increasingly seeing whatever that is on the test car as rear disc brakes If it is there on the test car, it means we get it in the production model. Projector headlamps, all disc breaks in a hatchback will be awesome to have. Premium indeed.
Old 23rd September 2015, 14:35   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki's Baleno for India could retain the same European Front grill design.More spy pics emerge as launch is nearing! Seen with 'little brother' Swift and Swift Dzire
So given there is a photo with the Swift next to it, can we safely assume that GC seems
very similar to the swift in this test car, but of course YRA has longer wheelbase than Swift so the real world performance is going to definitely be different.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks