Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 13:42   #391
BHPian

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Can't say, but it may be just enough as the car is lighter than Swift. It won't be zippy in my opinion, though the test car was traveling fast.
Are you sure car is lighter than the swift? The swift build itself is not so good. This being bigger than the swift, the build is hopefully not worse than that.
Old 8th October 2015, 13:45   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Are you sure car is lighter than the swift? The swift build itself is not so good. This being bigger than the swift, the build is hopefully not worse than that.
That's what the specs say in previous pages. It is lighter because of new chassis.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 13:46   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Yes it is ~ 90 kg lighter than Swift( international model) - A new platform

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 5527
Size:  203.8 KB

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/iaa2015/index2.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th October 2015 at 13:56.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 16:45   #394
SRK
Senior - BHPian

So there seems to be a major difference between the Indian model and the European model.

Had really high expectations from the Baleno, specially after the launch of the Figo. I thought Maruti would really think about changing the game with this premium hatchback but now I don't feel so. It seems to be just another product in the segment without a major USP. Still cannot understand the Nexa concept, what's so special other than the premium pricing?

Also have a look at these alloys from the image teased on the Nexa site and the various spy shots.
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-balenocar.jpg
The teaser image

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-image-1.jpg
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-image-2.jpg
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-image-3.jpg
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-image-4.jpg

These seems to be the exact alloy wheels that the top end might come with

Spyshots from Motoriods and Gaadiwaadi

While the Baleno looked nice in pics of the Auto show specially because of the alloys and the indoor lightning, we will have to wait and watch how it actually looks on road.

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th October 2015 at 19:35. Reason: Hi SRK, as part of our rules, please don't link to sites you're affiliated with. Thanks :)
SRK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 16:56   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Had really high expectations from the Baleno, specially after the launch of the Figo. I thought Maruti would really think about changing the game with this premium hatchback but now I don't feel so. It seems to be just another product in the segment without a major USP. Still cannot understand the Nexa concept, what's so special other than the premium pricing?

Also have a look at these alloys from the image teased on the Nexa site and the various spy shots.
While the Baleno looked nice in pics of the Auto show specially because of the alloys and the indoor lightning, we will have to wait and watch how it actually looks on road.
We had similar high expectations (at least in terms of pricing) for S Cross after launch of Creta but that did not happen. I hope Maruti gives Diamond cut alloys at least as an option. Expecting 6 Airbags from Maruti is day dreaming, I am happy that they are giving basic safety features in all variants. Adaptive Cruise control and auto braking is not a feature to have in Indian conditions IMO.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 21:23   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
So there seems to be a major difference between the Indian model and the European model.
Holy cow !! Those look like wheel caps at first glance. Are you sure those are alloys??

If by chance those are alloys, then can we be sure of two alloy designs on offer?? The test mules spotted a few pages back had different, and much nicer alloys.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-2015marutisuzukibalenofronxyraindiaspypics2.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-2015marutisuzukibalenofronxyraindiaspypics4.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 22:50   #397
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Holy cow !! Those look like wheel caps at first glance. Are you sure those are alloys??

If by chance those are alloys, then can we be sure of two alloy designs on offer?? The test mules spotted a few pages back had different, and much nicer alloys.

Attachment 1424792

Attachment 1424793

Regards,
Shashi
The alloys seen in the pic you have posted are the ones we saw in the images of the Euro-spec model at the Frankfurt Motor Show on the silver and blue models parked there. May be they will be provided as an option.

Its a wait and watch situation now. If Maruti doesn't get it right this time with a product which could be the best seller in its segment, then the Nexa concept might find a difficult road ahead.

If Maruti is restricting the features and engine options just so that S-cross looks a better and expensive option to the customer as reported in this thread then I think they really need to think again. The Baleno if priced right and with the option of better engines and features such as cruise control, six airbags, etc. could have been a success considering this segment is now increasing rapidly.
SRK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 12:35   #398
Distinguished - BHPian

Media Drive for Baleno - Next Week.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 4169
Size:  22.6 KB
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 23:41   #399
BHPian

So is it gonna be a 75 ps or a 90 ps engine for diesel? Contradicting statements from different sources are confusing a well wisher for this good looking hatch from suzuki.

I just sold my 3 year old bolero and am super confused between polo and baleno. The thing which i am pretty clear about is that my next car is gonna be a decent hatchback. Since VW is in the news for bad reasons, can't really make my mind on Polo. So the next option for me is Baleno. But 75 ps is again putting me down as i need a decent engine with min of 90 ps power.

I am a confused soul now. Come on, when in the world will i get a complete car?

Last edited by Aditya : 10th October 2015 at 07:38. Reason: Language
highwaypatrol is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th October 2015, 00:33   #400
BHPian

I'm being supremely optimistic here but there may just be a chance that the Alpha Diesel gets the 90 PS tune while the lower ones make do with 75 PS.

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things "
- The Shawshank Redemption.
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 09:41   #401
BHPian

I believe this car would come with 90PS iteration of 1.3 DDiS engine, with prime reason being the segment standards, to which this car belongs as all its competitiors are atleast 90PS, like VW Polo, Hyundai i20 elite, Punto 90 Sports, even the car belonging to its smaller sibling-Swift rival New Figo comes with 100PS engine. So when the trends are moving upwards why Maruti Suzuki(being the pioneers of introducing latest tech in their cars like SHVS, etc) will wish to get lagged behind for such reasons, specially when they're having the options with them.
However, 1.3 DDiS 75PS engine if introduced can be offered in lower variant for a better entry level price point except for no other reason.
While being a bit optimistic & with keeping the NEXA standards in mind, I won't be amazed if Maruti Suzuki introduce 1.6 DDiS320 in the top-end variant of Baleno to pitch it against modern more powerful rivals to have their edge.
Old 10th October 2015, 10:07   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
While being a bit optimistic & with keeping the NEXA standards in mind, I won't be amazed if Maruti Suzuki introduce 1.6 DDiS320 in the top-end variant of Baleno to pitch it against modern more powerful rivals to have their edge.
I believe hoping for the 1.6 DDIS is not a bit but a lot optimistic. Reson being, there is no way mauti can price the car. Remember it carries a 3 lakhs premium over 1.3 i. Scross. They will have to maintain similar difference here too. Where does the range end then price wise?
Old 10th October 2015, 12:34   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I believe hoping for the 1.6 DDIS is not a bit but a lot optimistic. Reson being, there is no way mauti can price the car. Remember it carries a 3 lakhs premium over 1.3 i. Scross. They will have to maintain similar difference here too. Where does the range end then price wise?
NEXA is all about Premium-ness & transformation of a value brand to a Premium & exclusive one. If 145PS engine can be provided in Abarth Punto, then why this 1.6 DDiS320 can't be ! What's then, if they need to price one of its variant close to 10 lacs, just imagine how the package it could be at the end -A sporty long hatchback with powerful engine, Good interiors, 6-speed transmission, high power to weight ratio, Good fuel efficiency & Body kit plus Sporty Red body color to compliment to its Striking looks, truly a great product to be sold at NEXA outlet.

Btw, S-Cross 1.6 is expensive by 3 lacs to its 1.3 counterpart because of the additional equipment it carries. That can be worked upon for the cost vs functionality for Baleno.
Old 10th October 2015, 12:54   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaypatrol View Post
So is it gonna be a 75 ps or a 90 ps engine for diesel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
I'm being supremely optimistic here but there may just be a chance that the Alpha Diesel gets the 90 PS tune while the lower ones make do with 75 PS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
I believe this car would come with 90PS iteration of 1.3 DDiS engine, with prime reason being the segment standards, to which this car belongs as all its competitiors are atleast 90PS, like VW Polo, Hyundai i20 elite, Punto 90 Sports, even the car belonging to its smaller sibling-Swift rival New Figo comes with 100PS engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Where does the range end then price wise?

Here is the spec of engines for the Baleno at launch, from a RM at Nexa. Bossterjet and other engine variants could come later.

This car is lighter than Swift and engines are tuned differently , need to test drive and judge its performance.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th October 2015 at 12:57.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 13:28   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is the spec of engines for the Baleno at launch, from a RM at Nexa. Bossterjet and other engine variants could come later.
Attachment 1425261
So 75 PS after all, dashing all hopes of a decently speced 90 PS VGT. HUGE disappointment. Why Maruti Suzuki are letting themselves down in such a shameful manner is beyond my comprehension. There is simply no excuse for not giving the VGT to their premium hatch. The technology is very much available with them, the production too is localized, so what then is the issue really? Such an insider job can best be described as SABOTAGE.

Last edited by rednikhil : 10th October 2015 at 13:47.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks