Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2015, 13:00   #586

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

I spoke to one of the Nexa showroom dealer here in Bangalore, he confirmed that the deliveries of vehicles will start as soon as 1st week of November if the booking is done within this week.

About the pricing, he informed that the Alpha variant would be priced in the range of Elite I20 and Honda Jazz.
Old 15th October 2015, 13:22   #587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravinzs77 View Post
About the pricing, he informed that the Alpha variant would be priced in the range of Elite I20 and Honda Jazz.
Do not believe any info on pricing from RM's, we all are fresh and yet to recover from the pricing of DDiS320, in comparisons to RM's projected pricing
Old 15th October 2015, 13:24   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Do you have anything substantial to say that the Baleno isn't safe except for your doubts after knowing its weight?

If not, please stop posting wrong views on a product you are simply not interested in. If and When you have some proof that the Baleno isn't good as the manufacturer claims it is, you can blow the safety horn loud and clear.

Until then, let's give safety concerns a back seat for the time being.
FWIW I don't agree with the poster that weight equals safety or chassis strength.

However with that said, I don't think that the burden of proof is on the consumer. Maruti (along with others like Hyundai) has a history of flouting international safety norms and providing unsafe cars in India while advertising their cars 'safety', and hence the burden of proof must be on them and not the customer. This isn't a company like Volvo that we are talking about here, whose known USP is safety and with a long tradition of making the safest cars around.

So people are well within their rights to discuss their safety concerns, Maruti is anyway not doing us a favour by selling us a car rather the reverse of that, so I don't see why we should treat them or any other manufacturer with kid gloves or take criticism of the car manufacturers personally!

Last edited by chncar : 15th October 2015 at 13:28.
chncar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 13:32   #589

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Do not believe any info on pricing from RM's, we all are fresh and yet to recover from the pricing of DDiS320, in comparisons to RM's projected pricing
Yes, he said it will be around that price bracket. I am guessing that the top variant might be priced around 11 lacs. I hope they wont mess up this time
Old 15th October 2015, 13:54   #590
Distinguished - BHPian

I am pretty optimistic about having a good pricing.

Seeing the backlash Maruti had for S Cross and the fact that they had to start offering discounts in such a short span of time would have an impact on people who make such decision. Add to it the pressure they will be facing from dealers who have put in a lot of money for setting up airport lounge, will be breathing on there necks due to lack of numbers.

This time I am hopeful of seeing the final pricing be in line to projected pricing.
Old 15th October 2015, 13:56   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Maruti (along with others like Hyundai) has a history of flouting international safety norms and providing unsafe cars in India while advertising their cars 'safety', and hence the burden of proof must be on them and not the customer. This isn't a company like Volvo that we are talking about here, whose known USP is safety and with a long tradition of making the safest cars around.
Oh, now the comparison of Maruti is with Volvo! Volvo's lowest priced hatchback is priced at about 30L OTR.
And there is no "International Safety Norms" prescribed commonly by UNO or any organization, which Maruti has flouted. Since cars sold in USA and European countries require some safety norms to be followed, we, in India expect, by extrapolation, similar safety features are available here. But please not, our government does not enforce that! In this case, your frustration should be redirected at our Government which provides this set of rules, not the manufacturers.

Just to put things into perspective: If our Government sets rules so strict that, even the cars sold in USA fail to pass here, the same manufacturers have to build the cars, better than those sold in USA, to clear the norms.

Please note that, what I write here, is not for the sake of argument, but I mention this because, as long as our Government does not enforce this with relevant rules and laws, the manufacturers are free to produce whatever they call it as safe cars, and make money. After all, the business of business is business.
If you are a Maruti shareholder, would you be supremely satisfied, if the share price decreases, because Maruti declares decreased profit, because, it had to put additional airbags at the same price, which otherwise could have been pocketed as profit? This is the reason lobbyists are so active in making sure that any rule enforcement remains a future date.
(Here I just take Maruti as one example, and it can be applied to all cars sold here)

Quote:
So people are well within their rights to discuss their safety concerns, Maruti is anyway not doing us a favour by selling us a car rather the reverse of that, so I don't see why we should treat them or any other manufacturer with kid gloves or take criticism of the car manufacturers personally!
Yep, our Government treats these manufacturers with kid gloves. The highest safety equipment that should be offered on an Indian car are seat belts, high mounted stop lamp, driver ORVM and head light leveller.
What is currently on offer - passenger side ORVM, 2 airbags, ABS, EBD, Pre-tensioner with force limiter, Fog lamps, Rear wiper, rear defogger, seat height adjustment, steering wheel rake and reach adjustment are all called premium safety features!
Just one thought - If Government relaxes the rules a bit, and says, car need not have a spare wheel, no need to provide ORVMs, IRVMs, seat belts, remote boot / fuel tank / bonnet release, there will be a lowest version, will all these features removed.
hybridpetrol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 14:37   #592
BHPian

Check out the Maruti Suzuki Baleno's technical specification chart, as shared by Abhishek Nigam on Twitter.
Credit goes to source for the shared link, Check out @abhishek_CD's Tweet: https://twitter.com/abhishek_CD/stat...779931648?s=09
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-1444900024883.jpg  

CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 14:46   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Check out the Maruti Suzuki Baleno's technical specification chart, as shared by Abhishek Nigam on Twitter.
Credit goes to source for the shared link, Check out @abhishek_CD's Tweet: https://twitter.com/abhishek_CD/stat...779931648?s=09
Thanks for sharing.
Also available within this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3823764

Is the Swift style headlights bad? (Atleast I don't think so.) But people have a choice of masking it similar to whats shown by @ciddharth

I thought the Red Baleno posted on FB is asking me to to mod it so here it is
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-baleno_headlight_modded.jpg  

Last edited by WRXXX : 15th October 2015 at 14:53.
Old 15th October 2015, 15:05   #594
BHPian

It is a beautiful looking car IMHO. But somehow, don't know if its me, but I see a bit of the Elite i20 and Polo in the side profile and rear three quarters. The interiors, if they could just change that steering wheel would be so much better. If they price it right, I'm gonna have real trouble (in a years time) convincing my parents (and myself) to agree to buying an SCross over this even though that is a full size bigger, they'll come up with the argument that this has better features at a slightly lower price.
Old 15th October 2015, 15:06   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the Baleno in Granite Gray and Pear Artic White colors.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-12106948_746897565415041_2495490549001574344_n.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-11250032_746897705415027_7156261060007676088_n.jpg

Source: The Automotive India via Facebook

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th October 2015 at 15:12.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 15:20   #596
BHPian

One more thing i want to discuss & its not even discussed here is:
Apple car infotainment OS is also making its debut in India with this car. So i expect one more set of customers who'll be buying this car exclusively for this reason in addition of being offered by India's most fuel efficient & reliable car maker.

So, it could be like,
Good product + Apple car infotainment OS + NEXA + Premium feel tag = Huge Success.
Old 15th October 2015, 15:54   #597
BHPian

Though the car looks smashing, even the white one is a great looker IMHO. I am worried about the very low GC. @ 170 mm it is going to have a rough day out on the rural roads.
Old 15th October 2015, 15:58   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Baleno Review - CNB, SVP

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-marutisuzukibalenoside827_827x510_61444815725.jpg

Baleno - 1.2P CVT

Quote:
The car came across as stable, smooth and very well packaged. You get a good sense from the car's build quality . The downside was that even though the CVT was smooth, overtaking or accelerating had the engine always at maximum revs. This meant too much noise, and too little punch. The 1.2 petrol though comes across as refined and agile. I think the CVT will take some getting used to - like all CVTs do.
Baleno- 1.2P MT

Quote:
The manual petrol is indeed a very different car to the CVT though. And quite literally so in my case, as the manual I drove was the same colour (Ray Blue), but was the Alpha trim and so very well appointed! The VVT engine comes alive, and is mated superbly to the 5 speed manual transmission. The familiar unit from other Maruti cars feels sprightly and very very smooth. Its typical Suzuki stronghold stuff - smaller displacement petrols is really the company's thing. And it shows with the 1.2, which is a fun to drive, and fairly sporty package. The car zips about, and stays very stable, totally in control. Both the petrols do feel a bit light on their feet though, and lack the heft of the i20. But compare to the Jazz and you will find this car sportier for sure.
And the pick of the Lot!

Baleno - 1.3 Diesel

Quote:
if the petrol was fun to drive, the diesel is an absolute hoot. I was reminded of what a revelation the Swift diesel had been when it first arrived. I will never forget that first drive, and even though the Baleno isn't quite as sporty, it gets close. And the surprise element is that this is pretty much the same engine too! Maruti
Quote:
The diesel has a slightly more planted feel, and really seems to invigorate the car's every pore. The Baleno DDiS is super fun by comparison, and does everything you want it to. I must mention that the steering and suspension have been given a lot of consideration, and it shows (true across variants). The car has a mature feel about it, and ride quality is pretty good - front and back. The suspension has been tuned for comfort, but remains taut enough when you throw the car about a bit. Handling is also good, but slightly fatter tyres would've felt more satisfying
Pricing-
Quote:
That would mean starting the petrol manual off at 5.20 lakh and the diesel range at about the 6.25 lakh mark. My gut tells me that if not the starting price; Maruti will go even more aggressive
Pic- Gaadi

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-crwcysdw8aaldff.jpg

http://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/maruti-...review-1231897

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th October 2015 at 16:11.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 16:32   #599
Distinguished - BHPian

A shot of the upcoming challenger with the current segment champion.

Old 15th October 2015, 16:58   #600
BHPian

What's with designers forgetting that cars have rears too!? It looks like they spent a good amount of time coming up with a neat front design and then binge-drunk their success and didn't turn up for "Rear design day".

Would be interesting to see how Hyundai responds to this. i20 discounts, here we come!
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks