Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2015, 00:04   #616
BHPian

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHC VTEC View Post
Booking amount confirmed by him was 25,000.Now when i start asking him about cancellation of booking if things dont work out, he again started becoming defensive.He said that Saar we had done the same thing for Scross too and we haven't yet received any requests for cancellations..I then try to push him for cancellation procedure but still he was hesitant and finally in gulp voice he said "Main pura amount refund karva dunga na saar" but i still had doubts in the way he said.
I have enough experience in dealing with shady real estate guys in getting back the booking amount despite having written assurances and after a lot of threats and arguments.

While I don't expect the dealership guys to stoop that low, the sales man's assurance for returning the full booking amount is well pure sales man pitch.

I don't understand the concept of opening bookings without revealing the prices and test drives . Please don't encourage this stupid trend.
Ragavsr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 00:50   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Baleno - teaser , Nexa

Clearly looks to be inspired from this promo video of the Mercedes Benz A Class..... The music and the video looks similar to this one. Especially from 1min 46s.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th October 2015 at 08:50. Reason: Removing video from the quoted post.
Old 16th October 2015, 00:53   #618
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I will take a call on 26th itself I am in no rush, this is no Creta or a segment shaker, enough inventory is going to be available. Myou eyes are set on CVT and the top money I am ready to pay is 6.75 to 7 lacs ex showroom bangalore, not a rupee more..
I think you're going to be a little disappointed.

I'd expect the automatic to be around 8 lakhs ex-showroom, which would mean just under 10 lakhs on the road.

For 6.75-7 lakhs, the Figo DCT will be the car to get. It may not have the space or even the overall premiumness and finish of the Baleno, but it has a superior engine-transmission combination.

I'm not really feeling the Baleno. Sure, it has a great silhouette and good proportions, but lighter colours show it's bulk. And that buck-tooth grille makes it look a bit ridiculous. The Elite i20 is still the better looking car in my books.
suhaas307 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 00:59   #619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

I'd expect the automatic to be around 8 lakhs ex-showroom, which would mean just under 10 lakhs on the road.

For 6.75-7 lakhs, the Figo DCT will be the car to get. It may not have the space or even the overall premiumness and finish of the Baleno, but it has a superior engine-transmission combination.

I'm not really feeling the Baleno. Sure, it has a great silhouette and good proportions, but lighter colours show it's bulk. And that buck-tooth grille makes it look a bit ridiculous. The Elite i20 is still the better looking car in my books.
I drove the Figo and came out disappointed, the DCT and 110 bhp had me all excited and add to it, the car was pretty well equipped. The problem is the car is not eager to be revved even after having all that power feels a bit lethargic to drive.

The car i have really had fun driving till now is Zest, the AMT might not be a match to DCT, but still does the job fine. Slot it into Manual and control the upshifts(Downshifts happens automatically), the car is a hoot to drive and the 90 bhp helps. My wife is not too happy if i decide to buy a zest(After all it is still Tata, Log kya khayenge) so she is making me wait for Baleno, will take her for a TD first thing on 26th and i know we will 99.9% end up in tata showroom booking the Blue/Red Zest. It is also costing me around 8 lacs ex showroom after some discounts, and it is a Diesel car.

Last edited by AtheK : 16th October 2015 at 01:00.
AtheK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 01:01   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHC VTEC View Post
Enough has been said and discussed about its safety,performance,looks etc etc.No one has said till now that who is going to go ahead with the pre booking going on.

I'll share my experience as per my word with Nexa on the day booking started:I call up the guy whom i had met earlier during one of Scross promotions in a mall and had come for giving me a test drive.I call him up and start inquiring about Baleno. Booking amount confirmed by him was 25,000.I went ahead and confirmed the model,colour and other details which he was only allowed to read from the paper and when it came to price he started becoming defensive. After pushing him he said in a typical marketing fast pace tone that top variant would come around 10 Lakh then the variant i was interested in that was Delta would cost around 8-9 Lakh. He also said that Petrol will be 82BHP and Diesel 74 BHP which we all know. Now when i start asking him about cancellation of booking if things dont work out, he again started becoming defensive.He said that Saar we had done the same thing for Scross too and we haven't yet received any requests for cancellations..I then try to push him for cancellation procedure but still he was hesitant and finally in gulp voice he said "Main pura amount refund karva dunga na saar" but i still had doubts in the way he said.
So guys i have shared my experience and feel that I should go for it and am planning to book Premium Urban Blue Delta variant but still have doubts about their cancellation policy and delivery dates.

Guys need your suggestion on it and also people who are planning to go ahead with the booking please do share over here for fellow Bhpians to know.

Please do yourself and everyone else a favour and do not entertain those unethical idiots. The Maruti specified booking fee is only Rs 11,000 as per what I have seen, and in any case it is better to book after the bookings are officially open and Maruti will then take responsibility for your booking as well. You won't gain anything really by booking in advance, its just the showroom that will benefit by being able to take your money interest free, and improve their cash flow.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 04:09   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
Maruti had a great chance to stop the monopoly of i20 but they seem to have fluffed up their chance with the mediocre engine choice

When people were expecting 1.6MJD and 1.4K series, Maruti decided to plonk the 1.3 MJD and that too the 75 PS variant. I am struggling to see what's premium about this car. Exterior looks okay. Interior is good. But is this premium? The answer is BIG NO.

I am sorry. What is stunning about it?
Perhaps this car was never intended to appeal to people like us mate I am sad it doesn't come with an M16a but now that I can take a step back and see the car for what it is; a competitor to the Jazz and i20, I begin to appreciate it a bit more. I'm sure it performs just as well as those two cars, looks striking with a truly subtle and timeless overall shape and detail when compared to the predictable, fussily over-designed Honda and Hyundai. The MID looks very fascinating too. Sure it aint premium but I still don't mind applauding the cars arrival

You're kidding me right? This is an automotive forum, the picture shows a newly released product in orange, a generally shocking colour, and the car is even shining and everything you honestly, don't see how someone here could find it stunning? You need to chill out man

Last edited by IshaanIan : 16th October 2015 at 04:11.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 08:28   #622
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-12109118_10156112135860316_836171100582627688_n.jpg

Think these virtual dials show the reserve power and torque on tap Rolls Royce style. Maybe when the car is idling both these dials will be fully red and yellow.

If so, at 100 KMPH with the engine spinning at 2600 rpm, the little DDiS got 18.75% of the max power left. (used power = 6.5/8). Nice toy!

Would have made a lovely instrument panel along with that analog temperature gauge if not for the blue hue everywhere which is clearly overdone.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 09:07   #623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Would have made a lovely instrument panel along with that analog temperature gauge if not for the blue hue everywhere which is clearly overdone.
That’s a lovely MFD but too much of blue inside the cluster! Expect the first-in-segment TFT multi-information display marketing by Maruti in the media. Crisp and sharp detailing on the open doors:

I've never seen a multi-color MID on a sub 25L car here - even the most expensive Octavia/Superb gets a black and white MID on the maxidot display.

Man, the alloys could have been better. Whoever designed these for the Baleno and the S Cross should be fired!
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 10:06   #624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I will take a call on 26th itself I am in no rush, this is no Creta or a segment shaker, enough inventory is going to be available. Myou eyes are set on CVT and the top money I am ready to pay is 6.75 to 7 lacs ex showroom bangalore, not a rupee more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

+1. The Jazz S CVT itself is ~7.1 L Ex-Showroom (And it does not even get Airbags). The Jazz V CVT is ~7.9 L Ex-Showroom. Am pretty sure that Maruti has set its sights on the Jazz V CVT. Looking at the leaked Baleno Delta CVT specs, the Delta seems closest to the Jazz V. So expect the Delta CVT pricing to be very close to the Jazz. So I would predict something between 7.7-8.2 for the Baleno Delta CVT depending on whether they want to undercut the Jazz or give it a slight premium over the Jazz. They will not be targeting buyers for whom performance is important. So they would not be too worried pricing it way above the Ford DCT or close to the GT TSI (Similar to what Honda has done with the Jazz).

Quote:

The car i have really had fun driving till now is Zest, the AMT might not be a match to DCT, but still does the job fine. Slot it into Manual and control the upshifts(Downshifts happens automatically), the car is a hoot to drive and the 90 bhp helps.
My view is that the performance should not be judged with the manual mode. To me the manual mode is just for some specific situations where extra control is needed. If you are looking for a performing AT, it should be something that mostly satisfies you in the regular D or M modes. If you end up relying on the manual for major part of your drives, it may make more sense to buy a manual itself.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 16th October 2015 at 10:07.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 10:16   #625
Distinguished - BHPian

The Baleno comes with 99% of localisation, according to Mr. RS Kalsi, Executive Director (Marketing and Sales), Maruti-Suzuki India Limited.

Quote:
The fifth-generation Suzuki platform has been made from high tensile steel that is about 100 kilograms lighter than the Swift, but at the same time more rigid. This enhances the strength of the product and makes it safer.

Most of these high quality materials have been Made-In-India. When spoke to RS Kalsi, Executive Director (marketing and sales) who stated, “We have 99 percent localisation for this product.”

The Baleno returns a fuel efficiency of 27.3km/l and this makes it the most fuel-efficient hatchback in the country.
Motor Octane
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 10:17   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
+1. The Jazz S CVT itself is ~7.1 L Ex-Showroom (And it does not even get Airbags). The Jazz V CVT is ~7.9 L Ex-Showroom. Am pretty sure that Maruti has set its sights on the Jazz V CVT. Looking at the leaked Baleno Delta CVT specs, the Delta seems closest to the Jazz V. So expect the Delta CVT pricing to be very close to the Jazz. So I would predict something between 7.7-8.2 for the Baleno Delta CVT depending on whether they want to undercut the Jazz or give it a slight premium over the Jazz. They will not be targeting buyers for whom performance is important. So they would not be too worried pricing it way above the Ford DCT or close to the GT TSI (Similar to what Honda has done with the Jazz).

My view is that the performance should not be judged with the manual mode. To me the manual mode is just for some specific situations where extra control is needed. If you are looking for a performing AT, it should be something that mostly satisfies you in the regular D or M modes. If you end up relying on the manual for major part of your drives, it may make more sense to buy a manual itself.

We did a comparison of delta variant with jazz V variant in this thread itself, and it is lacking a lot of features, main being. .

1. Alloy wheels
2. Paddle shifts (adds so much fun to driving an AT)
3. Driver seat height adjustable, would be an instant deal breaker for so many who do not find the sitting view comfortable.
4. Usually Honda cars are more spaciousz though this can be met by baleno.
5. Electrically folding ovrm
6. Honda brand Inew itself over Maruti (though can be subjective)

If they price it vicinity of Jazz, jazz is an automatic pick for me at least between the two.

Regarding zest, it will usually of course be driven in D mode,just that like CVT , AMT has its own set of flaws. That out of the way you still have control over how car behaves in both jazz and Zest, missing again in baleno. The fact that you know you have extra power under the hood when required is reassuring as well.

If they price it at 8 lacs I will really be interested to see how the numbers rack up, I will maybe pay 8 for Zeta, but for delta , nope thanks a lot Maruti.

Last edited by AtheK : 16th October 2015 at 10:24.
AtheK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 10:48   #627
Distinguished - BHPian

The Baleno looks elegant in White. The first pic has shades of VW's Polo in looks.
(Source-Aariz Rizvi - via Twitter)

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-crxun8aucaab0vb.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-crxunauyaepavc.jpg

Spec. comparisons with its peers. Interesting to see the power/weight ratios.

Petrol
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture.jpg

Diesel
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-d.jpg

Courtesy: Rushlane

Last edited by volkman10 : 16th October 2015 at 10:55.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 11:14   #628
Senior - BHPian

If I have to name this car, it will be Swilo. It looks somewaht like Swift from front and Polo from back, so Swilo

I think its a nice attempt by Maruti. No need to find faults in it. Top end is full of features and looks nice with 16 inch wheels. I am very happy to read all reviews that its good in handling department & is very spacious. Swift is really good car but lacks in space. This car will surely eat some sales from Swift as well, specially the Z variant I guess.
aniketi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 12:41   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
[*]Smart UV glass that cuts up to 85 per cent rays.( not sure what that means). [/list]
Another special feature on the Baleno are the UV cut-glasses on the side windows. These are black tinted glasses that can cut the Ultra-violet rays by 85 percent, making Baleno the first car in all the small, mid and sedan segment to get them. The next car that comes with this feature is directly the Mercedes-Benz A-Class.

Source
HolyDriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 13:20   #630
BANNED

Seeing all the hypes, I guess the base version will be priced around 6L, against my expectation of 5.5L. If so, it will be a disaster.

Consider this: Ritz VXi ex-showroom after discounts: ~ 4.5L
Extra features in Baleno: ~ 50K
Extra premium for Nexa (): 50K

Total for Baleno base: 5.5L!

But if you start with Swift, it goes to 6L!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks