Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2015, 13:20   #631
Distinguished - BHPian

Some nice pictures, courtesy-Gaadi.com

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4778.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4799.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4815.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4841.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4847.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4848.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4857.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4861.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4862.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4863.jpg

2nd set of pictures

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4864.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4865.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4868.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4872.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture.jpg
Point to note- Missing engine cover from the K12 Engine. Pic courtesy-Autocar India.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4810.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4885.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4903.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4910.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4931.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_4933.jpg

Sources-
1. http://www.gaadi.com/news/maruti-suz...ications-86204
2. Autocar India first drive report

Regards

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th October 2015 at 13:45. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Leoshashi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 14:43   #632
BHPian

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

I always have this doubt ever since Honda Jazz pricing was released,
is it that manufacturers price the cars based on the reviews and customer response on forums like these?? Is there possibility that after seeing so much of good press Maruti to charge a premium?

Jazz for example, we all expected sensible pricing but it overshot i20 pricing!!
WRXXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 15:30   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
is it that manufacturers price the cars based on the reviews and customer response on forums like these?? Is there possibility that after seeing so much of good press Maruti to charge a premium?

Jazz for example, we all expected sensible pricing but it overshot i20 pricing!!
Pricing is sensitive thing in India. So there must be lot of studies done before announcing the prices. But yeah feel like based on prior enquiries online/at showrooms and response over online forums, the team must be providing inputs to decision makers to decide prices.
Also, based on post launch response many manufactures silently rise the prices. (Elite i20.)

For Baleno, it would definitely be trickly for Maruti to price it rightly. Nexa has limited reach only in few cities. So Jazz/Elite i20 has that advantage over Baleno. So MSIL has to price it sensibly. But we've seen with S-cross, it overshot Creta in terms of pricing and later came up with discounts, so who knows what's in store?
Old 16th October 2015, 15:37   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Pretty sure discussions on such forums and feedback from other print and online media play some role in the final pricing. I guess that's why for the big launches there is a good gap between revealing the details, media drives and the actual launch with pricing info.

Of course they will have a ball park range ready. But where in the range they place it may be flexible. Like for the Creta( for which the pricing was a shock), that may have seen the huge positive vibe generated and decided that they can add a premium and get away with it( which they have).

I maybe totally wrong though
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 16:03   #635
BHPian

Quote:

Well, they would definitely mine social media, apart from getting feedback from displays in malls etc and it would be an input for them, if not for pricing, at least for marketing/branding/advertising.

However, I doubt pricing a car based on that would be a practical strategy, after all the percentage of buyers who belong to a forum like Team BHP is small, and even those buyers would generally make their own decision based on their own circumstances rather than what others feel about the pricing. Also, there are plenty of people whose estimate of the fair price of it would be on the lower side (to the point of being unrealistic) also posting on the same forums, and also people who are complaining about the design/features/engine or some other thing that they don't like, so it's not like feedback is universally positive.

I think this type of pricing strategy might work for products aimed purely at yuppies or teenagers like burgers/fried chicken etc (and even then it would not give the whole picture), but not for cars just yet.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 16:05   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Pretty sure discussions on such forums and feedback from other print and online media play some role in the final pricing. I guess that's why for the big launches there is a good gap between revealing the details, media drives and the actual launch with pricing info.
While forums are considered, i doubt its implemented. For example with the Jazz. we BHPians had a mile long wishlist . However, most of it did not come true. More than the pricing, its the justification for the selling price that is never revealed to the consumer. Creta for example, why are you paying 16L for that car. Jazz SV, why are you paying 7.7L whereas i20 top end is just 8.2L?

Baleno, if priced right will take over both JAZZ and i20 numbers, more Jazz i feel since Jazz seriously lacks features. Both Baleno top end and i20 top end are heavily loaded. But the petrol should still be below 10L i feel if any competition is to be considered effective. Remember the 10L figure is a huge huge psychological barrier to cross. 9.99L might still work
Old 16th October 2015, 17:54   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
We did a comparison of delta variant with jazz V variant in this thread itself, and it is lacking a lot of features, main being. .

1. Alloy wheels
2. Paddle shifts (adds so much fun to driving an AT)
3. Driver seat height adjustable, would be an instant deal breaker for so many who do not find the sitting view comfortable.
4. Usually Honda cars are more spaciousz though this can be met by baleno.
5. Electrically folding ovrm
6. Honda brand Inew itself over Maruti (though can be subjective)

If they price it vicinity of Jazz, jazz is an automatic pick for me at least between the two.
You are right.Plus you get reverse camera, leather wrapped steering/gear knob etc in Jazz V.
The Delta should be somewhere closer to the Jazz SV.
Jazz SV has some additional features compared to Delta but misses out a few as well.There is no SV CVT in Jazz. So, somewhere between Jazz S and Jazz V CVT could be a fair price for the Baleno CVT which is around 7.4L.

I think Maruti definitely missed a trick by not putting the CVT in higher variants. Whether the CVT itself is good to drive is a separate question.

I am noticing a new trend with Maruti - they are really loading up their cars with lots of features. Hyundai has been considered the king of the B1-C2 segmentsin terms of feature set but Maruti matched or exceeded the Creta with the S-cross in terms of features (apart from the 6 airbags in the top end variant for Creta). Now, again with the Baleno, they have actually matched or exceeded the features of I20. I20 still has a few additional features (rear AC vents,cooled glovebox, what else?) but Baleno also has quite a few up it's sleeve -
Projector headlights
DRL
Apple carplay
Full fledged MID with FE/DTE
UV cut glass (not sure if that helps)
illumination for passenger side vanity mirror
Did I miss any?
Plus, Baleno offers dual airbags and ABS in all variants while I20 offers those in Asta and Asta(O) only.

What I don't like about the Baleno is the design really is not eye-catching or something new (I think the Jazz and I20 are fabulous lookers and easily trump the Baleno in this aspect)It looks like a bulked up Swift. Also, the design theme is not consistent. While we have all the curves at the front, the rear is plain and simplistic like the VW Polo. The black A-pillar also looks out of place.The interiors clearly seem a notch below the I20 for sure (if not the Jazz). I particularly hated the silver around the climate control unit.

I am pretty sure Maruti is going to price this sensibly. I expect a starting price of 5.7 lakhs as speculated by Autocar which will be a fair price I assume. But I am not sure if it has the desirability of the I20 to topple the segment king. After the initial hoopla settles down, I expect it to sit comfortably in the 2nd position below I20 and much ahead of the Jazz. I agree with the comment above that the I20 and the Baleno offers so many features above the Jazz. Time for Honda to think about their strategy. Baleno, unlike S-cross, is all set to be the first success for Nexa.

PS - Can someone post some pics of the lower variants of the Baleno, particularly the interiors without the smartplay audio system?

Last edited by adimicra : 16th October 2015 at 18:07.
Old 16th October 2015, 18:01   #638
Distinguished - BHPian

Motorbeam has got hold of the variant level detailed feature list from the Brochure.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-marutibalenobrochurevariantdetails.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-marutibalenobrochure.jpg

Source: Motorbeam

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 16th October 2015 at 18:04.
Rajeevraj is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 19:38   #639
Distinguished - BHPian

Sid Patankar's first video look at the Baleno Alpha in it's Autumn Orange shade:

RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 19:44   #640
BHPian

Variant wise feature list looks good enough. Unfortunately projectors and LEDs are restricted only to the top trim. Without these the front looks very ordinary and almost identical to the old gen Swift. I am afraid that's what we will be seeing on the roads mostly :(

Maruti needs to price it right from the start and forget about premium Nexa - premium pricing rubbish.
heavenlybull is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 19:55   #641
Senior - BHPian

Why would they even list the Delta CVT as a separate variant when none of the features change from the manual Delta?

Looking at Ertiga pricing, I am hopeful of a competitive pricing for the Baleno. Just launch the car already!
Old 16th October 2015, 20:20   #642
BHPian

Looking at the variants Zeta seems very nice, personally I don't like too many Gizmos in the car But, I will wait for the projectors to become an accessory for sure. Also, if the Alpha is priced competitively might get that itself(even though I don't want any of those touch screen thingy) All depends on the test drive of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
PS - Can someone post some pics of the lower variants of the Baleno, particularly the interiors without the smartplay audio system?
You can see that here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3823775

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th October 2015 at 22:01. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 16th October 2015, 22:40   #643
BHPian

Real world Baleno colour catalogue compilation
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-baleno_granite_grey_3.jpeg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-baleno_ray_blue_3.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-marutibalenofrontquarterleft1024x682_silver_grey.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-baleno_autmn_orange.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-baleno_red.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-baleno_urban_premium_blue.jpg  

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-baleno_pearl_white.jpg  

WRXXX is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 23:51   #644
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
The car i have really had fun driving till now is Zest, the AMT might not be a match to DCT, but still does the job fine. It is also costing me around 8 lacs ex showroom after some discounts, and it is a Diesel car.
Go ahead mate, Zest AMT is one of the best auto options available below Verna CRDi auto. Why? Because it's diesel. Automatics behave funny if low end torque is not adequate. Really, for an automatics to choose a gear with confidence without strugling to find out the correct gear, it is a must to have plenty of torque at disposal. Mind that the Zest is a diesel with a VGT, meaning that there is almost no turbo lag. You drive a much lighter Celerio AMT after driving Zest AMT and you would know what I mean. I tell you this after driving my father's Zest AMT for hours in varying conditions. It is fun. The Baleno with a K12 coupled with a CVT is no match, plus Zest gives you diesel's economy advantage too. Baleno would have more premium feel for sure, go ahead with Baleno if you need premiumness. In manual guise, Baleno would be FTD with a sportier suspension and lighter body but the CVT would ruin that sportiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I'd expect the automatic to be around 8 lakhs ex-showroom, which would mean just under 10 lakhs on the road.
Auto Baleno would come in Delta variant, not Zeta/Alpha. Though Delta features many nice to haves that competetion offers in top 2 trims, still 8 bigs for Baleno 1.2 pwtrol Delta cvt doesn't make much sense to me. My father's Zest XMA cost us 8 L on-road and it's a hoot to drive. Manual Baleno petrol still makes more sense to me, afterall it's 100kg lighter than the Swift, it will feel sprintier in straight line and tughter in curves. Not only this, Baleno's wider footprint and 195" tyres would give you that command over it. I just hope they plonk in a stiffer suspension like Swift/old Baleno and if they can get the steering as good as the old Baleno's I will start advertising and campaigning for Baleno in my office. Even Swift's steering is fine enough, but old Baleno was in a different class altogether.
itsashishsharma is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 14:27   #645
Distinguished - BHPian

The official Nexa homepage of the Baleno has been updated. It now features, among a host of other things, a complete 360° view of the car.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 17th October 2015 at 14:30.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed