Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2015, 14:36   #706
BHPian

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

The pictures of Baleno are looking really good. Just had a small question - is it possible that Maruti is using better quality of paint for their premium offerings like S-Cross and Baleno? I mean is it possible that the red color of Swift is different compared to the red of Baleno (not talking about the shade of red but the overall quality)?

I saw a blue colored S-Cross yesterday and the color was very good compared to the blue of Swift. It is possible that the freshness of the S-Cross is misguiding my inference but is this possible?
Saanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 02:29   #707
BHPian

What has the name Baleno got to do with this car? This is a completely different car. The original car did not do well except with some enthusiasts. Somehow, I feel Maruti is not naming their cars right, almost like suffering from an identity crisis with both the S-cross and the Baleno. Both deserved better names.
imove is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 04:05   #708
Senior - BHPian

Who knows, during the all important meeting discussing ways to keep 'costs in check' this suggestion was popped-up that they should recycle names so that the cost of hiring an agency to suggest a new name would be saved and which in turn 'would have gone a long way' in helping in keeping the overall TCO for the customer as low as possible in the lines of the 'Philosophy of the Company'.

Wish they reincarnate ZEN one day as sincerely as Baleno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imove View Post
What has the name Baleno got to do with this car? This is a completely different car. The original car did not do well except with some enthusiasts. Somehow, I feel Maruti is not naming their cars right, almost like suffering from an identity crisis with both the S-cross and the Baleno. Both deserved better names.

Last edited by carwatcher : 21st October 2015 at 04:07.
Old 21st October 2015, 09:03   #709
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

This new Baleno is an extremely good looking car. I need to understand a bit more about it face to face at the Nexa showroom. Also need to understand all the features it offers etc.
If this is the shape of things to come from Maruti, then I think their strategy is spot on!
The new Indian "evolved" consumer will certainly get "tickled pink" by these kinds of offerings.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 10:08   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Also need to understand all the features it offers etc.
The new Baleno offers all the features you can ask for in this price range. Depending which one do you really want versus you budget, you can opt for the variant. It is loaded with features till the brim buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imove View Post
What has the name Baleno got to do with this car? This is a completely different car.
It is a completely different car, yes but then the 2nd gen Honda city was also in no way similar to the first gen/OHC and then so is cutrent gen Honda City totally different than the 2nd gen.
If you ask me, the original Baleno in India stood for robustness in disguise and sheer quality inside out. It had different alloy for body construction, was lighter, was not as quick as the then OHC but with a precise steering stiffer suspension and balanced chassis it was a driver's car. The new Baleno I think continues on most virtues, only thing is that it might not be a real driver's car, but then I am sure it would be faster than the old Baleno, which kind of makes up for the softer suspension setup etc. Also, in my old Swift I used to feel every undulation on the road's surface at low speeds, it was the same with old Baleno too, a softer suspension in the new Baleno is a welcome move then.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 12:41   #711
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Baleno To Get Android Auto In 2016, current release is with Apple CarPlay system in the range-topping variant.

Quote:
the Android Auto system, the feature offers similar connectivity as Apple CarPlay, offering voice recognition, search options, navigation control, audio and video streaming

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/10/car...oid-auto-2016/

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st October 2015 at 12:44.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 14:29   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Baleno To Get Android Auto In 2016, current release is with Apple CarPlay system in the range-topping variant
That is great news. One question though, will the current ICE system also get Android Auto via an update or only new cars manufactured in 2016 get this?
Old 21st October 2015, 16:39   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2ksrs View Post
That is great news. One question though, will the current ICE system also get Android Auto via an update or only new cars manufactured in 2016 get this?
Both Apple Carplay and Android Auto basically run like an app or overlay protocol on the underlying system. So it should be possible to run integrate either or both on most high-end car entertainment platforms.
Old 21st October 2015, 18:11   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
is it possible that Maruti is using better quality of paint for their premium offerings like S-Cross and Baleno? I mean is it possible that the red color of Swift is different compared to the red of Baleno (not talking about the shade of red but the overall quality)

I was wondering the same the other day and I'd like an answer to this as well.
Old 21st October 2015, 18:54   #715
BHPian

I was actually contemplating all these days to buy a new i20 or a used Laura/Jetta with around 10-12 lacs budget. All of sudden, this Baleno got into picture and now I'm totally inclined towards this.

My only concern was about the power and gearbox of diesel car i.e.75bhp and 5 speed gearbox. Waiting for the pricing from Maruti keeping my fingers crossed.

Anything less than i20 top spec, I'm booking the car immediately.
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 20:08   #716
BHPian

Booked a swift vdi-abs (mysterious violet) that was due for delivery today evening, last minute influences by our bhpians and other friends along with my sudden liking's for this hatch made me cancel the swift & swapped to baleno.. Kudos to the maruti dealer in my area (popular motors, annanagar, chennai)who reciprocated my request & moved my documents to their NEXA showroom
RJ555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 22:15   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ555 View Post
Booked a swift vdi-abs (mysterious violet) that was due for delivery today evening, last minute influences by our bhpians and other friends along with my sudden liking's for this hatch made me cancel the swift & swapped to baleno.. Kudos to the maruti dealer in my area (popular motors, annanagar, chennai)who reciprocated my request & moved my documents to their NEXA showroom
Wow great to hear that. You literally cancelled in the last second, not even in the last minute. Lol. Let's wait and see what maruti is going to do with the pricing. I have seen a couple of positive reviews about the car, but that isn't satisfying me. I'm eagerly waiting for our team-bhp official review. I strongly believe that will make or break the deal for me
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 00:00   #718
Distinguished - BHPian

Zigwheels Baleno review

The more I see this car, the more I am falling in love. My RM has driven both and was all praises for the petrol version. Only thing I am praying, is Maruti to price it sensibly this time, and not price it at a premium since it is a NEXA offering.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 10:35   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The more I see this car, the more I am falling in love. My RM has driven both and was all praises for the petrol version. Only thing I am praying, is Maruti to price it sensibly this time, and not price it at a premium since it is a NEXA offering.
Same here mate!
In office at least 5 of my colleagues have enquired about various features and one at least put his purchase decision of some other branded car on hold.Definitely lots of fan following already!
WRXXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 11:21   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Hey even I am falling in love with this car man, the side profile looks just yummy. 100kg lighter than Swift means faster and more agile than the Swift. Only thing I am eyeing at is that they don't soften the suspension too much. If they do, even the lesser weight won't result in better handling. The reason petrol would be more likeable is that it would have better power to weight ratio than the diesel and the k series 1.2L is a FTD engine. You get enough torque at 1k rpm and engine revvs till the redline. My old Swift used to touch 90kph in second gear comfortably. Just imagine how would it be with the same engine but 100kg less weight. If you ask me, only the fact that this is a lighter car is enough that one should prefer the Baleno over i20 and the Jazz. Moreover, it has got all the bells and the whistles and personally I like the k series 1.2 more than i20's kappa which feels underpowered and Jazz's iVtech that has a week low range.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks