Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 12:45   #781
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Looks like a good pricing - especially at the base level. However, when you compare Alpha to Asta(0), there's hardly a difference. A lot depends on how they compare in spec levels at the top - but if it matches reasonably, Maruti will find it tough to compete against i20.

I am considering trading in my i10 for a Baleno CVT as a city runabout. Time for a test drive, and maybe my first Maruti car.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 26th October 2015 at 12:47.
Old 26th October 2015, 12:47   #782
BHPian

With today's pricing announcement, I would be one of the first people to cancel the booking of my Elite i20 Asta (O) and move to the Maruti Baleno Alpha. Great job by Maruti on the pricing. It will be very interesting to see how the competition reacts to this.
Old 26th October 2015, 12:50   #783
BHPian

I am just thinking what will happen to the Swift now? It retails at INR4.63 Lakhs for LXI and INR 5.42Lakhs for VXI variant ex-showroom New Delhi which don't even have basic safety features. Anyone who was earlier looking for the Swift should blindly go ahead and get a Baleno. Much more VFM offering as compared to the Swift.
GameOfCars is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 12:52   #784
Senior - BHPian

This pricing has indeed made the Baleno a lucrative product. The Delta variant, with its loaded feature list, is the most VFM trim IMO. I just wish Maruti provides the projector headlamps as an optional extra.
Old 26th October 2015, 12:54   #785
BHPian

Wonderful and strategic pricing by Maruti.. Have effectively undercut the competition variant to variant. Now to sit back and watch the games.. will be intriguing to see what Honda and Hyundai will come up with to counter this.
Another thought which is floating in my mind is that now with this pricing will the Baleno not end up cannibalizing the Swift and Dzire sales, at least to some extent?
Old 26th October 2015, 12:56   #786
BHPian

Shocking prizing. I am feeling cheated having paid 6.45 L ex showroom for the Jazz SV. The baleno offers the sefety features and most other features except fog lamps and some other bits in the 5.71 L delta. Considering the tax structure in Delhi I could have saved a cool 1L rupees if I had waited 3 months. I hear performance of the VVT is also better than iVtec. Honda jazz sure has some tough times ahead.
ToyotaFan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 13:01   #787
BHPian

Fantastic pricing by MSIL,. it looks like this Baleno will be their car of the decade, similar to what Swift was for them in the last one. Time to consider MSIL for core investment portfolio if you know what I mean.
Liverpool_Red is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 13:02   #788
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
Really great pricing by Maruti for the Baleno; now it is time to see now the competition reacts to the pricing.

The Delta/Zeta variants really seem VFM now.
Hyundai needs to up its game now with the Elite i20 - for heaven's sake, at least provide dual airbags from Sportz variant!
Absolutely correct!

Infact having bought the Ford Figo AT just a couple of weeks back, starting to think first mover isn't always the best decision. Like Elvis once crooned melancholy "wise men say... only fools rush in" On the silver lining, guess it'll maintain the exclusivity of the Ford twins even further, considering the Baleno is backed by the probably the best service network in India.

Maruti has pulled up a stunning coup here. Some 'telepathic impulse' in my brain tells me this;

a. i20 will be perked up with safety features and an automatic is in the anvil.
b. Slight reflex to be felt by the Swift twins, but largely unaffected because Baleno will be catering to the metros where Nexa has its base.
c. Ford will be wondering what hit them! But will surely be relegated to be also ran. Aspire may just hold on to its proposition owing to the boot (cough.. cough)
d. Expect the Baleno to easily have a waiting of 6-8 months, and witness an abundance of them on our roads. Much like how Swift became boring to look at after the first couple of years.
e. Honda Jazz. Well, expecting to receive more promotional messages and emails proclaiming "Nothing else is the Jazz". Shave off atleast another 1000 units from their monthly sales figures

and

f. A very very tough and ultimately futile discussion with my wife to trade in a two week Figo for the Baleno

Last edited by methecupid : 26th October 2015 at 13:04.
methecupid is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 13:05   #789
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant!!!! Superb pricing and a great comeback from S-Cross 1.6 pricing debacle.

The car had the goodies and now an attractive price tag as well.

All that remains is a review from Team-BHP.
SchumiFan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 13:08   #790
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, this is brilliant pricing, i will go test drive the CVT later this week, if I like the sitting position (my wife Def needs to be comfortable), I am booking one immediately. They actually met my expectations on the price which I had posted some pages back around a week back. Only thing left to decide is the sitting position, I hope my wife is comfortable. Would have loved to have CVT at least on Zeta model.
AtheK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 13:08   #791
BHPian

Maruti is going for a home run with Baleno, spot on pricing and as a premium hatchback it has notable and refreshing features. I am very happy with the way car has being designed and it is going to be a welcome sight to spot this new entrant on the roads amidst the swarm of Swift and Dzire's. I can anticipate long waiting period already for Baleno.

Swift sales may start cooling down maybe by early or mid of year 2016 to make way for this new stunner, until then MS may probably heat up competition this Diwali by offering handsome discounts on the ageing Swift which would boost overall volume for MS. Hyundai and Honda would have to work harder to maintain their current streak of sales in coming months.
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 13:15   #792
BHPian

Just launched in Lucknow
Pricing as underNext-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445845536.628886.jpg
cjsarora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 13:18   #793
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pricing by Maruti, I was expecting it to undercut Honda/Hyundai, but not by this margin. Base variants are true value for money.
Old 26th October 2015, 13:18   #794
BHPian

Wow brilliant pricing.. Maruti has done it yet again to prove that no one can steal its thunder What needs to be seen is the waiting period now..Does anyone have a clue about the waiting period ?
Old 26th October 2015, 13:19   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post

Swift sales may start cooling down maybe by early or mid of year 2016 to make way for this new stunner, until then MS may probably heat up competition this Diwali by offering handsome discounts on the ageing Swift which would boost overall volume for MS. Hyundai and Honda would have to work harder to maintain their current streak of sales in coming months.
Knowing MS which never lets its old sweet hearts, they might hybridize the swift!!
I would go back to Swift if they release the 50kmpl Range Extending version

This is a solid fire-cracker from Maruti.
Also, I don't think having no Nexa showrooms in smaller towns is an issue, I saw Jazzes and S-crosses in a town that doesn't have any of these show rooms. After enquiry they promptly told that they got it from Bangalore
WRXXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks