Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 14:06   #811
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
No SHVS varaint as of now- could be available in SHVS - Petrol after the exports starts. Good idea to contain cost if they give us the 1.0L boosterjet engine in the SHVS variant.

Is that Maruti Suzuki's game plan?

Maruti is not likely to offer the Hybrid in the domestic market as the Baleno in its normal form attracts 12% excise unlike the Ciaz where the excise drops from 24% to 12% .

I also expect a significant price revision for the Swift and Swift Dzire. If these are introductory prices, MSIL may offer discounts on the Swift twins .
rajneeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 14:10   #812
BHPian

MS has priced Baleno, several thousands less than i20, (10K - 30K) variant to variant.

What is more interesting is that, even the lowest Sigma variant gets full safety equipment with 2 airbags & ABS+EBD & seat belt force-limiters & pre-tensioner, whereas in i20, upto Sportz variant, there is no airbag or ABS. EBD is absent in all variants of i20.
Similarly automatic climate control is appearing only in Sportz, whereas Baleno has it in Delta variant itself.
Maruti has brought the lower variants, equivalent to the top variants of some most popular cars (including its own Swift, Hyundai i20 etc), and the top variants with additional features that are considered in the market: Touchscreen display with GPS & Smartphone connectivity (Apple carplay), Projector Headlamps, rain sensing wipers, auto headlamps, front armrest, etc.
In this sense, I see the Delta variant a terrific VFM with 5.71L for manual petrol, followed by the Zeta variant at 6.31L.
Buying Zeta petrol means, you are paying top end Swift price - but get almost all of the top end i20 features + a host of safety features! This, not including the bigger size of Baleno (almost 150mm longer than Swift, and almost as big as the elite i20).
Now, the elite i20, should start giving discount offers!

Another point to add here:
I expected the price difference between the Swift & Baleno lower versions to be at least one lakh. Now, seeing the difference, except for the classic looks, the Swift does not offer any advantage over Baleno. You could always add a 40K on OTR price to get the Baleno, instead of Swift, thereby you would get a lot more features. If you are going to Swift Lxi - add 40K, you would get Sigma, If you are going for Vxi - add 40K you would get Delta, and if you are going for Zxi, add just 10K you would get Zeta.
If you have more money, add upto a lakh to get Alpha or the AT version of Baleno, which anyway has features unseen in the Swift!
This only means that, Baleno is going to be the new Swift, in the metros and towns where Nexa is present!

Last edited by hybridpetrol : 26th October 2015 at 14:18.
hybridpetrol is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 14:11   #813
BHPian

Official Brochure :

Source : https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...o-Brochure.pdf

Noticed that its already uploaded, Kindly request mods to delete this post.

Apologies!

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 26th October 2015 at 14:37.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 14:16   #814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
Now, the elite i20, should start giving discount offers!
Hyundai has just announced of increasing the production capacity of Elite as they have a back log in orders.

Now will be interesting to see how the market reacts to the Baleno. Good for buyers now in the hatchback space.

Baleno is commanding a waiting period of 6-8 weeks pre launch at some Nexa dealers ( Delhi, Bangalore), now guess this double or triple in coming days.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 14:17   #815
BHPian

I did a comparo between the Baleno and the Aspire between the variants I am most likely to buy soon. The I20 and the Jazz are not in the running for me.

The Baleno was an outsider for me personally, until today with the prices announced today. The car has also grown on me.

I did a small chart of the key differences and the extra features between the Baleno and the Aspire (Chennai location).

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-balenovsaspire.jpg

If one looks at the key features, at the approx same price point, the Baleno gets UV cut glass, illumination, parking sensors, Telescopic steering, Auto dimming IRVM, push button, leather wrapped steering.

The baleno is a precious 5 cm wider than the Aspire! (makes a difference).
Also I have experience with the A.S.S of Maruti rather than Ford. If I buy the Baleno, I might not have to upgrade the tyres as well.

Interesting times ahead for me; now have to TD the Baleno Diesel. I loved my ASpire TD but since I might not be the primary driver of this new car; the power might not be needed (as it will mostly be city running/elderly people driving it).

What do you people think? Any advice?
nivatakavacha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 14:17   #816
BHPian

Excellent Pricing!

I am not a fan of Maruti but one should give the credit where it's due. This is a very good product at a good price range. Surely Jazz and i20 will be hit.

Important thing to note will be the cannibalization of Swift and Dzire.

Is it just me here who feels that Baleno will also seriously hamper Figo sales (and perhaps Aspire)? Especially the Delta and Zeta variant. For someone with a budget of Figo Titanium and for whom Titanium+ is a stretch too much, Baleno Zeta can be an option; this sits right in the middle of the two.

I would have given this a thought surely; this coming from a new Figo owner who has yet to recieve his registration number!

For me though, the decision was made with the amazing planted ride and handling of Figo and 100 horses under the hood.

Last edited by teemus : 26th October 2015 at 14:22.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 14:18   #817
BHPian

MSIL has scored a home run with the pricing here. The much hyped "premium" experience coupled with very good pricing is surely going to elicit a lot of positive response from the mass.

IMO, the Zeta makes a compelling case for itself and will be one that sells the most.

I don't know where the Jazz stands at currently with nothing great to talk home about at a very inflated price tag! Till now, it had the advantage of being the better handler with a rev-happy engine. If the Baleno is anything what the reviews claim it is (superior petrol engine + superb handling and suspension), the Jazz no longer has those anymore. The i20 will still bring in the volumes as it justifies the term "premium" quite well (let's excuse the petrol motor's performance, shall we? )

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 26th October 2015 at 14:29.
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 14:20   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Here is the price comparison of Baleno with Elite i20 and Honda Jazz.
All prices are ex-showroom Delhi.
Price source: Carwale.
This is a Diwali bumper pricing from Maruti. No one would have expected this for Baleno. While I would believe that with such aggressive pricing Maruti is taking Hyundai head-on, I dont think this will dampen Elite i20 sale.

Honda will be the most affected and definitely see a drop in Jazz sales. It now looks way expensive.
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 14:20   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Wow, this is brilliant pricing, i will go test drive the CVT later this week, if I like the sitting position (my wife Def needs to be comfortable), I am booking one immediately. They actually met my expectations on the price which I had posted some pages back around a week back. Only thing left to decide is the sitting position, I hope my wife is comfortable. Would have loved to have CVT at least on Zeta model.
MS could have easily plonked the CVT on the Zeta and priced it on par with the Alpha manual. The price difference between Delta and Zeta is ₹40k, so adding ₹40k to Delta CVT's cost of ₹6.76 lacs could have made the Zeta CVT priced at ₹7.1 lacs and on par with the Alpha (almost). I'm still hoping that MS will do that in the near future.
y2ksrs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 14:22   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drashkum View Post
Automatic transmission only in delta? Is this a joke?. I thought MSIL always had the finger on the customers pulse and mindset. The long pending fully loaded automatic was also due from MSIL stable. Why MSIL why?.
I agree with the sentiments here, but Delta is pretty heavily loaded and undercuts the
competition which gives room to add the bling later on IMHO.
Yes, I do agree that top of the line variant would be nice but that would usually send the potential buyers from their shopping seats right to the roof
Old 26th October 2015, 14:25   #821
BANNED

Looks like the new Swift, and is definitely bot a Baleno. Trying to cash a name again - remember the 'junk' badged as Zen. Baleno had a high torque, economical engine and not this type of mill.
Old 26th October 2015, 14:26   #822
BHPian

I don't understand why Maruti is not offering CVT in Zeta.. I am really looking for Automatic hatch and Zeta is VFM here.
niv26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 14:28   #823
@KP
BHPian

With this kind of pricing, MSIL could've given CVT even in Alpha variant and still kick competition out of the park (read Jazz)

MSIL - are you listening?
@KP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 14:31   #824
BHPian

The premium segment heats up and MSIL has nailed it with VFM pricing. Baleno offers dual airbags, ABS, EBD, anti theft system as standard which would give it a slight edge over competition and force Hyundai and Honda to think.
Baleno will attract more footfalls into Nexa which would help the cause for SCross too and should definitely finds its way into the top 10. There would be lot of cross shopping in Maruti showrooms, but a long as the customer stays in the family MSIL should have no issues. This has been MSILs strength, giving options in all the segments with similar price range so that customers need not look at other manufacturers - Swift/Ritz, WagonR/Celerio, Omni/Eeco.
Nexa dealers will breath a sigh of relief at the pricing and IMO the ciaz should also be moved to Nexa to enable better business model for the nexa concept

A snapshot of specifications of the premium segment

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-untitled.jpg

Facts

1. Baleno is the longest, widest and the lightest car of the lot
2. Elite i20 is the heaviest has the best wheel base
3. Jazz is the tallest and has the biggest boot capacity
4. Baleno is offered in the best set of rubbers, 195/55 R16
5. Elite i20 offers 2 years/unlimited Kms warranty
6. Baleno and Jazz offer AT, both in CVT avatar
7. Elite i20 has the best torque figure of 220 NM @ a low 1500 RPM
8. Baleno has the best turning radius of 4.9 mts
9. Jazz offers the best power in the premium hatch segment
10. Jazz and Elite i20 are offered in 6 speed transmission in diesel
11. Elite i20 has the best wheelbase
12. Jazz has the least GC and tyre specs

Data Source: TeamBHP, Cardekho
Pls correct mistakes, if any

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 26th October 2015 at 14:35.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 14:33   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
I did a comparo between the Baleno and the Aspire between the variants I am most likely to buy soon. The I20 and the Jazz are not in the running for me.

The Baleno was an outsider for me personally, until today with the prices announced today. The car has also grown on me.

I did a small chart of the key differences and the extra features between the Baleno and the Aspire (Chennai location).

Attachment 1431270

If one looks at the key features, at the approx same price point, the Baleno gets UV cut glass, illumination, parking sensors, Telescopic steering, Auto dimming IRVM, push button, leather wrapped steering.

The baleno is a precious 5 cm wider than the Aspire! (makes a difference).
Also I have experience with the A.S.S of Maruti rather than Ford. If I buy the Baleno, I might not have to upgrade the tyres as well.

Interesting times ahead for me; now have to TD the Baleno Diesel. I loved my ASpire TD but since I might not be the primary driver of this new car; the power might not be needed (as it will mostly be city running/elderly people driving it).

What do you people think? Any advice?
I think other than the powered up diesel engine and excellent ride quality, Aspire does not have the goodies Maruti Baleno is offering and IMO any buyer who is looking for a VFM premium hatchback would surely list Baleno as strong contender against the likes of i20 and Jazz and even the Figo.

In case the waiting period can be accommodated, MS Baleno would prove to be a better choice.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks