Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 00:06   #1006
Senior - BHPian

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

I for one don't think that companies allow their base variants to be easily sold. One Car per month per dealer is the norm.

To me, EcoSport won't be remembered for shocker of an Introductory pricing but for the absolute non-availability of the Base variant, long waitlists and Ford diverting production to export markets. I think I have read almost 100 posts mentioning EcoSport is costing 10-11 Lacs and due to it being sub 4m, people justifying their purchases of Creta and S-Cross. It will also be remembered for continuously revising the price upwards in very short span of time.

Base variants are announced just to pull the customers towards the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
4.99 will be remembered for long. As was the EcoSport intro pricing.
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 05:35   #1007
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled

Went to Nexa showroom today at Faridabad. I find both Delta and Zeta model to be good VFM.
Overall i believe that Maruti has put the prices in such a way that Baleno has become very strong target for anyone who is more inclined towards safety. All other hatchback like Grand i10, Figo etc provides ABS, Airbag in top variant which approximately become equals to Delta version price so it become very tempting for customer to go for Baleno. Once customer decides to go for Baleno than they might eventually end up purchasing Zeta version as well.

Prices for petrol model at Faridabad are
Delta: 571685 (625,036 OTR)
Zeta: 631685 (708,989 OTR)
karansm4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 08:17   #1008

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

The Baleno looks yum! A real head-turner. Maruti should have atleast given an option of the 90HP tune or the 1.6L. That would have made the Baleno all the more desirable.

Being a Swift owner, I dont see myself getting the Baleno because it doesn't offer me a better driving experience. I pray that the 1.6DDiS comes to the Baleno soon
Old 28th October 2015, 08:35   #1009
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Being a Swift owner, I dont see myself getting the Baleno because it doesn't offer me a better driving experience. I pray that the 1.6DDiS comes to the Baleno soon
At present costs of 1,6 engine are over Rs 2 Lac , no one is going to pay Maruti such high premium , sales of S- Cross 1,6 will confirm this . Besides plonking any engine for small volumes wont be easy . I do see a possibility of getting newer range of petrol & micro hybrid soon as India will be manufacturing hub for global exports . As of now there is no news on any new engine plant by Maruti so it can be challenging for them to produce to so many variants from the overloaded faculty at Manesar .
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 09:40   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta.joseph View Post
The Baleno looks yum! A real head-turner. Maruti should have atleast given an option of the 90HP tune or the 1.6L. That would have made the Baleno all the more desirable.

Baleno for sure will not get the DDIS 320, since its will attract more than 2.5 lacs cost over the current alpha variant due to the engine being imported and the size being 1.6 (falling in higher excise duty bracket)
However the 1 ltr boosterjet that produces 110 BHP and 170 Nm of torque might find its way under the Baleno's hood
Old 28th October 2015, 10:21   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Baleno for sure will not get the DDIS 320, since its will attract more than 2.5 lacs cost over the current alpha variant due to the engine being imported and the size being 1.6 (falling in higher excise duty bracket)
However the 1 ltr boosterjet that produces 110 BHP and 170 Nm of torque might find its way under the Baleno's hood
Baleno is speculated to get the 1lt boosterjet engine but according this post below it can be in late 2016, which IMHO is too late.

Though everything is speculation, you never know, Maruti being Maruti can surprise us by bringing it much earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
For what can be gathered from reports as of now seems like,

1. YBA Launch March- April 2016
2. Baleno with 1.0L boosterjet engine for India -Late 2016
3 New Ritz/Splash - ?
4. Ignis - Mini CUV - Late 2016
5. S Cross - Petrol variant ?
6. Wagon R (YJC)- 7 seater - Late 2016 ( Diesel/Petrol - AMT?)
7. Dzire - ( Facelift - SHVS, AMT - End 2015- Early 2016)
Old 28th October 2015, 10:32   #1012
Senior - BHPian

I think a lot of people will go for the top model as thats the only model that looks good as far as appearance is concerned. However the top model is not the one that offer a lot of value. Rather I suggest going for the mid variants and adding the DRLs/Xenon's as an aftermarket fitment for 20k.

One couldn't care less about apple play and the other features of the top model. Its just the lights that are drool worthy....

MUL has got the pricing right and the size of the car is good too. However what remains to be seen is whether this drives like an S-Cross 1.3 (mature) or the Ciaz (1.3) which is so not 10 lakh rupee car feel like. If the car is mature (from a suspension, noise isolation point of view) then once the hype dies down the Baleno would continue to do well.

I expect a 30-40k price increase post the initial price to keep Swift sales from being impacted.
aseem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 10:43   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Paid a visit to Nexa yesterday which is located in Outer Ring Road.
They had 2 cars on Display, both of which looked like top trim Alpha. One was diesel and other was petrol.

1. The car looks good, infact to me this is the best looking hatch in the country.
The rear in particular is stunning.
2.The body panels are light.
3.Petrol doesnot get an engine cover, but does get insulation under the hood.
4.Diesel does get insulation under the hood and engine cover.
5.Neither of cars had cover beneath the engine. Once you open the hood, you can see the ground.
6.The engine bay can easily accomodate much larger engine.
7.The interior is as roomy as Jazz, the quality is top notch and felt them to be even better than i20/VW. The design in particular is very good.
8. The boot is quite deep and spacious.
9. he rear camera is tucked under the chrome strip in the rear.
10. The rear spoiler did not looked like an integrated one.
11. Suzuki has again messed up with Alloy wheel design. The gun metal finish alloy of Ciaz would have looked smashing on this.
12. The top end variant comes with 16 inch wheels. The tire manufacturer was Apollo Alnac 4g.
13. Interior felt claustrophobic. Black seats and dashboard were to blame.
14. With 4 people seated the car went quite low. Watch out for those huge speed breakers when loaded.
15. Like the badging at rear. Suzuki logo in the center and Baleno written at left bottom, looks classy.

Some pictures that I captured:

VTVT engine Bay:
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_20151027_174428.jpg

DDiS Engine Bay
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_20151027_174539.jpg

Rear
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_20151027_174740.jpg
PrideRed is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 10:45   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
One couldn't care less about apple play and the other features of the top model. Its just the lights that are drool worthy.....

Actually depends on the individual. The top model also offers push button start so that is also very convenient.
I myself had planned to get the Jazz and upgrade the HU to support Apple CarPlay as well as get wider tyres. But the Alpha variant solves my problems and I don't spend extra on a new car while also getting it for ~40k cheaper than Jazz on road.
Old 28th October 2015, 10:45   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
I think a lot of people will go for the top model as thats the only model that looks good as far as appearance is concerned. However the top model is not the one that offer a lot of value. Rather I suggest going for the mid variants and adding the DRLs/Xenon's as an aftermarket fitment for 20k.

One couldn't care less about apple play and the other features of the top model. Its just the lights that are drool worthy....
Spot on! The Zeta and the Delta variants offer a better bang for the buck than the Alpha does. I loved what Zeta offers and totally agree with you that I myself was thinking of pushing to the Apha just for the projectors.

Quote:
Its just the lights that are drool worthy....
I think more than the lights being drool worthy, they are absolutely required to keep the Baleno away from looking insipid!

Quote:
I expect a 30-40k price increase post the initial price to keep Swift sales from being impacted.
I don't think the magnitude would be so much as, in the next 2-3 months the competition will step up too. Don't know about Honda but, Hyundai will not take too kindly as the Baleno has shaken up the market and is looking to step on the i20's turf. So, a price reduction (could be in the form of discounts) or feature addition is due.

If Baleno's prices increase by 30-40k, they would overstep i20's and the dream run would slow down drastically!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
The top model also offers push button start so that is also very convenient.
The Zeta offers push button start as well

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 28th October 2015 at 10:52.
MetalBuff is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 10:50   #1016
BHPian

Spot on pricing from Maruti 10 + pages on TBHP after the price announcement is a testament in itself

I know its quite early for this question but does the diesel have an option for a remap later?
Old 28th October 2015, 11:00   #1017

The one thing that I personally did not like was the narrow rear seat. With the incredible amount of legroom in the car, the rear seats should have been a little wider. The front seats are excellent in this regard but the rear seat not quite as comfortable as one would hope for in such a big hatchback.
Old 28th October 2015, 11:04   #1018
Senior - BHPian

I have booked the Ford Figo Aspire Petrol but am now considering changing to a Baleno.
2 questions:
1) Does the Baleno have Anti-Roll Bars?
2) What might be the waiting period for the base Sigma Petrol in Mangalore?
Old 28th October 2015, 11:15   #1019
BHPian

Few days back i was at a Maruti Service center at Nasik and the person in charge there told me that all the cars sold through NEXA can be serviced at a normal MASS as their staff is trained at handling those cars.
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 11:27   #1020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Few days back i was at a Maruti Service center at Nasik and the person in charge there told me that all the cars sold through NEXA can be serviced at a normal MASS as their staff is trained at handling those cars.
Adding to your point and after discussions with the SA during the service of my S cross, it was noted that separate bays will be allotted for cars coming from NEXA!
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks