Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2015, 23:54   #1291
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Sorry, missed these two other comparisons that I found informative.

Swift Vs Baleno – Design, Specs, Price, Features Comparison
http://gaadiwaadi.com/swift-vs-balen...arison-451158/

Maruti Baleno vs Elite i20 vs Honda Jazz – Specs Comparison

http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-baleno-...arison-381629/
Old 7th November 2015, 00:33   #1292
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Anurag, you feel the gear ratios have changed? By any chance, do you have the new gear ratios?

I feel, they could have introduced a 6th gear instead.
I am not exactly sure on changes regarding gear ratios but there could be a mild change along with some change in map. Shall try and get the ratios and update it here.

I "ALWAYS" felt and still feel the need of 6th gear in my Swift. The racket the car makes after 100 kmph in 5th gear makes me feel like I'm driving at 100 kmph in 4th gear. If the Swift gets a 6 speed transmission, the drive would be peaceful and efficient BUT the number of gear changes to stay on power band would be higher. In other words, more work to the left hand and left leg. Wishful thinking!
Old 7th November 2015, 01:08   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
attached is the Accessories list along with price for the Baleno (as shared by Nexa Andheri, Mumbai). Would appreciate comments on the same
Thanks a lot for this. I have booked the Alpha for 8.37 - but after looking at the price list of accessories am considering changing it to the CVT by adding the Navigation and the front Arm Rest. - It would come to about the same.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th November 2015 at 08:36. Reason: Please avoid quoting an entire post unless it's necessary. A long quoted post affects readability for mobile users.
Old 7th November 2015, 07:37   #1294
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
No Sir, no special contacts. All you need to do is go to your nearest MGP store and order one for you. Parts manual & workshop service manual too has a part number like other MGP spares.

We order these two manuals even before getting the delivery of any car.

On the contrary, I am waiting with a bated breath for the official review. From the past few launches, I have been noticing this trend-Official review goes live as soon as the product is officially launched. I am sure mods are at work framing a nice review, but "ye dil hai ki maanta nahi" and grows impatient.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks, I will try and ask at the MGP outlet for these manuals some time later.

And Yes! everyone here is waiting for the official review (I feel it will take time as they will have to write about 3 models). I am sure it will be worth the wait though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Thanks a lot for this. I have booked the Alpha for 8.37 - but after looking at the price list of accessories am considering changing it to the CVT by adding the Navigation and the front Arm Rest. - It would come to about the same.
If you want the comfort of Automatic, go for the Delta CVT but you will miss many goodies that come with the Alpha.

As for getting the Navigation system, do check online and retail stores as these are stand alone units which will either be mounted on the dash or windscreen. You should get a better price than the dealer.
Old 7th November 2015, 10:56   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
No Sir, no special contacts. All you need to do is go to your nearest MGP store and order one for you. Parts manual & workshop service manual too has a part number like other MGP spares.

We order these two manuals even before getting the delivery of any car.
Regards,
Shashi
Hi Shashi,

Many many thanks for the valuable information here, after seeing the differences between Alpha and Sigma I am even more convinced to go directly for Sigma as apposed to Alpha and upgrade just the Alloys. And upgrade the interiors if and when I am bored ;-)

Actually budget is not my concern, I just don't want things in my car that I don't use. Infact during the test drive I just asked the Nexa personnel to turn of all the gadgets!! As far as the music system is concerned I have other plans since my usage of it while driving is so minimal, I am thinking of actually carrying the Logitec mobile speaker as my close friend recommended it long time back!
WRXXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 14:27   #1296

The Delta looks quite VFM, if we upgrade to some good looking Alloys, and a Rear Camera with sensor on an auto dimming IRVM.

We can do without the Start/Stop button, though I would still miss that fancy MFD display.
Old 7th November 2015, 17:35   #1297

Here is a pricing and features comparison - Pricing OTR Bangalore NEXA

1. Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sigma (Bangalore On road Rs 6.25 L)
This one gets body coloured doors, ORVMs, headlamp leveling device, central locking, front power windows, power steering with tilt function, manual AC, front and rear accessory socket, anti-theft security, dual airbags, ABS with EBD, front seat belt pre-tensioners with force limiters and driver seat belt reminder.

2. Maruti Suzuki Baleno Delta (Bangalore On road Rs 7.12 L)
The Delta trim is dominated by a dash of chrome on the accent grille. It also gets full wheel caps, keyless entry, metal finish for door handles and parking brake, reverse parking sensors, MP3-enabled audio system, aux and USB along with Bluetooth, steering mounted controls, rear power windows with auto-up for the driver, electrically foldable ORVMs, adjustable rear head rest, climate control and 60:40 split rearseat.

3. Maruti Suzuki Baleno Delta CVT - AUTOMATIC (Bangalore On road Rs 8.39L)
This trim is available only with the petrol and has the same features as the Delta.

4. Maruti Suzuki Baleno Zeta (Bangalore On road Rs 7.85 L)
There’s more bling in this trim with chrome door handles along with alloy wheels, front fog lamps, glove box illumination, boot light, front footwell light, MFD with colour display, leather wrapped steering wheel, special UV-cut glass, follow me home headlamps and push button start.

5. Maruti Baleno Alpha (Bangalore On road Rs 8.69 L)
The top-trim of the Baleno gets the maximum equipment – there's LED daytime running lamps, projector headlamps, voice command, navigation system and Apple CarPlay.
SMindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 20:28   #1298

Noticed that the rear wheel well liners of Baleno is made out of carpet/cloth type of material and not plastic/metallic. It will be pretty hard to clean and I don't think it will last much!

Also noticed the driving seating position in Delta variant is very low and the road visibility was not to my liking (5'9"). The height adjustment in higher variant has good play and I was able to get a very comfortable driving position. If you are not a 6 footer and likes a higher seating position, need to think twice before going for sigma/ delta..
kkmans is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 22:36   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
As suggested, let your dad try the sensors first. if not comfortable, explore after-market options later.

On the alloys front, 23600 is for exchange of steel rims with Alloys. Tyre differential would be extra. I would recommend the top left alloy in the image instead of the alpha alloys which are too bland. If alloy upgrade is not on the cards and he is comfortable, get him to upgrade the MRFs to Yokos. Both tyres are prices similarly outside, so should not hurt the pockets much. Maybe 2000-2500.

Your dad can get the basic mats and mudflaps from the showroom. The cheapest mats in the accessories list should be decent.

You could complement the front looks (minus projectors), by adding front fog lights @ 4500.

Seats covers etc - aftermarket would have more options.
Yes I spoke with him and he himself suggested that he is going for the mats and mud flaps to the fog lamps at the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Congrats WheelWake! Is it a petrol or diesel?
When and from which NEXA outlet was your Baleno booked?
Since the model is just launched checking the date wouldn't be required. It might be manufactured probably a month or two ago.

As for accessories, would you really require the rear camera right now?
I think the Delta gets parking sensors, may be your dad can see if he is comfortable with the setup.

As for the options you can try after market system but I am sure the dealership will raise the issue of warranty. As per the list provided by abhik897 they are retailing it at around 12K.

Another option is to get a nice Touchscreen system which has the provision of the camera. This would be expensive. NEXA is selling them for around 20K.

By the way did anyone notice this is the accessories list? "Alloy*Wheel*04*pcs*Exchange - 23600"
Does this mean that anyone can exchange their steel rims and tyres pay the additional 23K and get the 16" alloys and tires?
Sorry I forgot to mention its a Petrol as he is in Ranchi there wont be much running except once in while inter city travel. I think there are 3 NEXA in Ranchi now, not sure which one. I have asked him to check the usability of the reverse sensor and also get a confirmation on the cost as he things showroom guy suggested 4 to 5k which we doubt. As for alloys, I will suggest I know it will damn good but its my Dad's call after all :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik897 View Post
Pls check a couple of pages back where I have posted the accessories list along with prices as give by my nexa dealer in Mumbai. You can refer to it for your purpose
Yup thats the our reference sheet we are using for the costing.
Old 8th November 2015, 00:35   #1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmans View Post
Noticed that the rear wheel well liners of Baleno is made out of carpet/cloth type of material and not plastic/metallic. It will be pretty hard to clean and I don't think it will last much!
I felt the rear wheel liners with my hand, and ot was kind of soft. The finishing looks good, but it seemed more like foam material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmans View Post
Also noticed the driving seating position in Delta variant is very low and the road visibility was not to my liking (5'9").
The driving position is too low, but using the seat adjustment did help. (Test drive was on an Alpha). The seat adjusting lever seems to be of cheap material.
Old 8th November 2015, 01:14   #1301
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno's prices for the benefit of BHPians and guest visitors from Ranchi(& Jharkhand).

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-20151106_234438.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 05:27   #1302
BHPian

Hi All,

Finally after a wait of 4 Weeks I look delivery of my Baleno Zeta 1.2 yesterday evening.

We do not have a NEXA showroom in Trivandrum. So had to make the purchase from Cochin NEXA.

Made a pre booking on 10th October at for the Baleno Petrol.

On 26th October, post announcement of the pricing and specs i rang up my RM and confirmed that Silver Zeta 1.2 would be the choice.

Thus got my car delivered yesterday. Will put up a separate Ownership Thread. I was told by the dealership CEO that the car is the first to be delivered. My family was really pleased by the entire delivery experience. Clearly a step in the right direction for Maruti.

Just after taking delivery of the car at 3:30 PM drown straight down to Trivandrum. Reached at 10:00 PM. This would be probably the longest that I would have taken to reach from Cochin. It was raining through out. But truly enjoyed every bit of it.
- Really Spacious and comfy seats even at the back.
- Ride is very well sorted out.
- Engine is super refined.
- TFT screen and Instrument lighting is cool.
- The Audio quality is very good.
- After 220 Kms MID shows a average FE of 19.9 Kmpl.

Will post pics after giving her a nice wash!
sureshkishore is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 08:08   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Hi All,

Finally after a wait of 4 Weeks I look delivery of my Baleno Zeta 1.2 yesterday evening.

Just after taking delivery of the car at 3:30 PM drown straight down to Trivandrum. Reached at 10:00 PM. This would be probably the longest that I would have taken to reach from Cochin. It was raining through out. But truly enjoyed every bit of it.

My sincere congratulations!
And I think you are the first on tbhp as well!! Hurray!

Looking forward to your ownership review and photos
WRXXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 09:28   #1304
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Hi All,

We do not have a NEXA showroom in Trivandrum. So had to make the purchase from Cochin NEXA.

Made a pre booking on 10th October at for the Baleno Petrol.

On 26th October, post announcement of the pricing and specs i rang up my RM and confirmed that Silver Zeta 1.2 would be the choice.

Thus got my car delivered yesterday. Will put up a separate Ownership Thread. I was told by the dealership CEO that the car is the first to be delivered. My family was really pleased by the entire delivery experience. Clearly a step in the right direction for Maruti.

Congratulations!

You would be the first T-BHPian to get the delivery of the Baleno. Awaiting for your ownership review
Old 8th November 2015, 10:57   #1305
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Came across this video which gives a glimpse how aftermarket alloys could change the way the Baleno looks.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks