Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2015, 12:16   #1306
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Really don't know about other cities but its absolutely raining Balenos here in Chandigarh. I've seen almost all colors on road and its becoming a very common sight to catch a glimpse of a Baleno on the roads here every now and then. It really looks smashing in red but those choice of alloy wheel design is not to my liking. Most of the variants I saw on road were the top of the line Alpha variants. The rear LED tail lamps look absolutely chic at night. It really doesn't stand out as much as in the lower variants specially as the front headlamps resemble exactly like the Swift/Dzire ones without the DRL's. In all, I believe Maruti Suzuki has got it absolutely right with the overall package and pricing and the sales in the coming months will confirm the same.
GameOfCars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 12:23   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
Hi All,

Finally after a wait of 4 Weeks I look delivery of my Baleno Zeta 1.2 yesterday evening.

We do not have a NEXA showroom in Trivandrum. So had to make the purchase from Cochin NEXA.

Made a pre booking on 10th October at for the Baleno Petrol.

On 26th October, post announcement of the pricing and specs i rang up my RM and confirmed that Silver Zeta 1.2 would be the choice.

Thus got my car delivered yesterday. Will put up a separate Ownership Thread. I was told by the dealership CEO that the car is the first to be delivered. My family was really pleased by the entire delivery experience. Clearly a step in the right direction for Maruti.

Just after taking delivery of the car at 3:30 PM drown straight down to Trivandrum. Reached at 10:00 PM. This would be probably the longest that I would have taken to reach from Cochin. It was raining through out. But truly enjoyed every bit of it.
- Really Spacious and comfy seats even at the back.
- Ride is very well sorted out.
- Engine is super refined.
- TFT screen and Instrument lighting is cool.
- The Audio quality is very good.
- After 220 Kms MID shows a average FE of 19.9 Kmpl.

Will post pics after giving her a nice wash!
Congratulations on your purchase. I will be joining the club on Nov 11 with my Alpha Petrol.
you bought any accessories from nexa ?
What accessories / modifications you planning ?
Must say the FE is awesome
Old 8th November 2015, 16:05   #1308
BHPian

Even I noticed the same thing. I felt the seat height is a bit low in Baleno (as well as in the Jazz). The Delta variant I'm looking at doesn't have seat height adjustment. Even otherwise, I think seat height goes a long way in increasing comfort for both front and rear passengers. I did feel visibility was low, but then I haven't taken a test drive yet, so cannot say how it'd feel while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkmans View Post
Also noticed the driving seating position in Delta variant is very low and the road visibility was not to my liking (5'9"). The height adjustment in higher variant has good play and I was able to get a very comfortable driving position. If you are not a 6 footer and likes a higher seating position, need to think twice before going for sigma/ delta..
Old 8th November 2015, 16:58   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Even I noticed the same thing. I felt the seat height is a bit low in Baleno (as well as in the Jazz). The Delta variant I'm looking at doesn't have seat height adjustment. Even otherwise, I think seat height goes a long way in increasing comfort for both front and rear passengers. I did feel visibility was low, but then I haven't taken a test drive yet, so cannot say how it'd feel while driving.
Actually, the seat is on a inclined rail meaning if you get closer to the steering the height will increase. But I know that this can be uncomfortable for various people.

My personal observation is, dash is actually low in Baleno and visibility is good. What you might have observed is inability to see the hood which most of the modern cars don't have luxury mainly due to manufacturers running after low drag coefficient. I agree TDing a non-alpha Baleno would be required to see what actually happens without the height adjustment for each person. I think that's a minor issue and one will get used to it over time and doesn't warrant a variant change. It is easy to fix the seat with extra cushion IMHO
WRXXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 18:01   #1310
BHPian

Thanks WRXX and SRK...Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img20151108wa00091.jpg..First Pic

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_20151108_1259121.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_20151108_1256581.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-img_20151108_1311491.jpg

Last edited by Eddy : 8th November 2015 at 21:25. Reason: Merged
sureshkishore is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 18:29   #1311
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Finally after a wait of 4 Weeks I look delivery of my Baleno Zeta 1.2 yesterday evening.

We do not have a NEXA showroom in Trivandrum. So had to make the purchase from Cochin NEXA.

Made a pre booking on 10th October at for the Baleno Petrol.

On 26th October, post announcement of the pricing and specs i rang up my RM and confirmed that Silver Zeta 1.2 would be the choice.

Thus got my car delivered yesterday. Will put up a separate Ownership Thread. I was told by the dealership CEO that the car is the first to be delivered. My family was really pleased by the entire delivery experience. Clearly a step in the right direction for Maruti.

Just after taking delivery of the car at 3:30 PM drown straight down to Trivandrum. Reached at 10:00 PM. This would be probably the longest that I would have taken to reach from Cochin. It was raining through out. But truly enjoyed every bit of it.
- Really Spacious and comfy seats even at the back.
- Ride is very well sorted out.
- Engine is super refined.
- TFT screen and Instrument lighting is cool.
- The Audio quality is very good.
- After 220 Kms MID shows a average FE of 19.9 Kmpl.

Will post pics after giving her a nice wash!
Congratulations!

That is excellent fuel economy.

How do you find the power delivery of the petrol? Is it good in both city traffic and highway conditions?
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 21:58   #1312
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Just booked a Baleno Alpha Diesel - White colour at Jayabheri Automotives, Kondapur, Hyderabad. This is the only showroom I could find with decent parking and less fish-market-like environment. The showroom experience was pleasant and the staff was courteous.

To my fortune, there was one White Alpha Diesel in their stockyard ready and waiting for me.

The RM said they can hold up the car for 2 more days, and if I can clear up my finances by then, they can deliver the car immediately.

So, fingers-crossed, I'm trying my best to work out on the finances and get the car at the earliest. Can't wait any more to get my hands on that beauty.
madhav14 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 22:09   #1313
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Hi Guys,

Just booked a Baleno Alpha Diesel - White colour at Jayabheri Automotives, Kondapur, Hyderabad.
Congratulations on the Booking.

Waiting to see the car in flesh at peace.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 22:45   #1314
BHPian

The K12M motor is the same as in the swift, but felt the power delivery and torque was better. Maybe the engineers have worked around with the Gearing and Engine Tuning. Feels Peppy enough.
sureshkishore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 23:53   #1315
BHPian

Folks,

Have booked a Granite Grey Delta CVT at Ambal Auto - NEXA, Coimbatore.

The on-road price quoted for me is INR 8,11,816 with delivery by end of Dec.

The only thing which might end up being a problem is the lack of height adjustable seats on this variant. I'm 6 ft tall and during my TD, I didn't face a problem. But my wife had to raise the height of the seat a little to feel comfortable. The RM assured us that in the Delta variant, the seat will be little raised. But we have our doubts.

Apart from puffing with cushion, we were wondering if we can pay and fix the height adjustable seat from the top variants ? Does Maruti/NEXA allow those kind of replacements ?

Last edited by csshyamsundar : 9th November 2015 at 00:02. Reason: fixed punctuations.
Old 9th November 2015, 00:19   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csshyamsundar View Post
Have booked a Granite Grey Delta CVT
Congrats man, so waiting period seems to be going up by the day. What was it like to drive the CVT ? Any coasting problems ? If you've driven them before then how did it compare to other AT cars ?
Old 9th November 2015, 00:22   #1317
Senior - BHPian

Got to check out the new Baleno at the NEXA showroom at Cochin. Here are my observations on the car.

The Good
Design looks very good and is a huge step from the bland S-Cross design.
I really liked the ray blue shade that the showroom cars had.
Doors are light but shud with a thud. They do not feel flimsy.
The hatch door is suprisingly hefty.
The rear camera is neatly integrated into the rear chrome spoiler.
Black interiors - subjectived but a personal favorite.
Rear leg room - acres of it. Very comfortable place for 5 people.

The Bad
The quality of plastics are not a huge step up from my old Swift. I fact I prefered the textured plastic of the Swift to the smooth bland plastic of the Baleno.
The rear seats are flat and do not hug you. Not contoured.
Huge front head rests.
Small glove box.

The NEXA experience is nothing much to write about. The dealership was swamped with people taking a look at the Baleno and the sales folks were frazzled to say the least. Not a big difference from what you would get at a regular Maruti showroom.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 9th November 2015 at 00:24.
Old 9th November 2015, 00:24   #1318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
..First Pic
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Hi Guys,

Just booked a Baleno Alpha Diesel - White colour at Jayabheri Automotives, Kondapur, Hyderabad. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by csshyamsundar View Post
Folks,

Have booked a Granite Grey Delta CVT at Ambal Auto - NEXA, Coimbatore.
Heartiest congratulations to all of you!! Wishing you all many happy miles with the car.

Quote:
The RM assured us that in the Delta variant, the seat will be little raised. But we have our doubts.
Usual BS served by RMs and SAs. Please don't fall for it.

Quote:
Apart from puffing with cushion, we were wondering if we can pay and fix the height adjustable seat from the top variants ? Does Maruti/NEXA allow those kind of replacements ?
You can very much install a height adjustable seats from the higher variants. You'll need to buy a new seat though.
Here is one BHpian who had installed height adjustable seats from ZXI to his Swift VXi.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3168381

Hope it helps!!

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 00:39   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Congrats man, so waiting period seems to be going up by the day. What was it like to drive the CVT ? Any coasting problems ? If you've driven them before then how did it compare to other AT cars ?
Thanks.

Unfortunately, I'm yet to drive the CVT variant. Booked the car based on my TD with Alpha variant. My RM is supposed to call me for another TD as the CVT variant is coming in stock this week (as delivery for another customer).

Having test driven Brio Automatic (torque convertor based), K10 AMT, Nano AMT, VW Polo TSI in the past, I kind of have a basic sense of understanding on what to expect with each of these automatics. This will be my first automatic (CVT based) to own.

Meanwhile, other reviews suggest that the CVT rubber band effect persists and the engine feels strained when the accelerator is floored (in highways). I'm eagerly awaiting the Team-BHP review on their verdict on the Baleno CVT's performance in city and highways.

Last edited by csshyamsundar : 9th November 2015 at 00:53. Reason: updated my understanding on automatics.
csshyamsundar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 00:43   #1320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
You'll need to buy a new seat though.
Here is one BHpian who had installed height adjustable seats from ZXI to his Swift VXi.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3168381

Hope it helps!!

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks. It did help !

Another thing to get done as a part of the delivery of the car.
csshyamsundar is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks