Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2015, 01:38   #1651
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Getting such things "in writing" will not be of any value at a later stage unless you do it in a legal manner, i.e., notarize the letter in his presence and two other witnesses (you may have to do this as an "agreement" on a stamp paper; legal experts on the forum can help you better on this).
Even doing it in the "legal manner" may not go a long way. Assuming you have created a binding and enforceable contract (by virtue of appropriate indemnity language and clear obligations upon occurrence of certain events) in whatever you take in writing, enforcing it is all together a difference ball game (you have the Indian court system to thank for that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
The thing is I have to complete this purchase as soon as possible. So going to another dealer is not possible for me.
I had a similar issue, the RM claimed that the PDI will be done by them. We reconciled by him offering to complete the PDI (I'm assuming they actually do some formal PDI), then bring the car over to showroom on the day of registration. I could do my own PDI before handing over the cheque (for the balance amount, i.e. Cost less Loan + Booking Amount) and signing the registration forms. Of course, this implies that your car (or prospective car) will be driven the extra distance of stock yard to showroom, to RTO, and then back to showroom, as opposed to; stock yard directly to the RTO, and then to showroom (Factor this into the ODO reading when you take your final delivery).

Assuming the worst case scenario of you noticing something off with your car, you can always walk away even at this point.

FYI, I'm buying an S-Cross though.
Jeevith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 02:58   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
I had a similar issue, the RM claimed that the PDI will be done by them. We reconciled by him offering to complete the PDI (I'm assuming they actually do some formal PDI), then bring the car over to showroom on the day of registration. I could do my own PDI before handing over the cheque (for the balance amount, i.e. Cost less Loan + Booking Amount) and signing the registration forms. Of course, this implies that your car (or prospective car) will be driven the extra distance of stock yard to showroom, to RTO, and then back to showroom, as opposed to; stock yard directly to the RTO, and then to showroom (Factor this into the ODO reading when you take your final delivery).

Assuming the worst case scenario of you noticing something off with your car, you can always walk away even at this point.
Thank you. This seems to be my last resort if they are adamant on not providing PDI at yard. Did they not pressurize you to make the down payment beforehand as well? In that case will they call you the next day for the delivery or they do it the same day (given that registration is to be completed at RTO)?
Old 2nd December 2015, 03:18   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Did they not pressurize you to make the down payment beforehand as well?
Well, kind of. I paid a hefty booking amount of INR 50,000/- (5k on first visit and 45k a few days later), so balance amount is about 1,20,000/-. The loan amount is about 10,30,000/- which the banker has sanctioned (something the RM is aware of) will only disburse on my instructions.

Also, the S-cross' sales aren't quite setting the charts on fire in comparison to the Baleno. So the RM's leverage / bargaining power also stands considerably reduced.

Quote:
In that case will they call you the next day for the delivery or they do it the same day (given that registration is to be completed at RTO)?
So the deal I have is I go in on Thursday (i.e. 3rd December, 2015) and he'll have the car at the show room for me to do my PDI (after their "PDI" has been completed).

There's also this small matter of accessories that I'm negotiating with him, so even my balance amount is not yet finalized. Once I've finalized the accessories (and by extension the balance amount), I'll write him a cheque for said amount.

He'll then fit the accessories (apart from the basic ones like mud flaps, floor mats, etc which would already be fitted I guess) and take the car over for registration. Considering I'm scheduled to go in at around 3 p.m on Thursday, same day delivery may be a stretch. Either way, I'm not too fussed about taking delivery on Friday.
Jeevith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 03:35   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
The loan amount is about 10,30,000/- which the banker has sanctioned (something the RM is aware of) will only disburse on my instructions.
Do you mean, the loan amount will be disbursed on your instruction after you do the PDI? Sorry for too many questions.
Congratulations on the new car. Wish everything goes well with PDI and delivery.
Old 2nd December 2015, 03:50   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Do you mean, the loan amount will be disbursed on your instruction after you do the PDI? Sorry for too many questions.
Congratulations on the new car. Wish everything goes well with PDI and delivery.
Yup. So here as well, I signed the loan docs as late as possible (i.e. on Monday / day before yesterday). The bank manager said he would be disbursement the amount now that I have signed, at which point I asked to hold off till Thursday in lieu of PDI. So he accordingly co-operated by merely informing the RM that loan docs have been signed, but didn't inform him that the amount will hit their account only on Thursday (he can always blame some technical glitch).

So yea, worst case scenario (which if it does come to, as you can probably imagine by now, will be ugly), I'll have to ask the manager to further stall the loan amount. I would probably then escalate to Maruthi to transfer my booking amount (shouldn't be impossible) and have the loan paid to another dealer.

Something I forgot to mention earlier, if the RM is pushing for the down payment try negotiating it to part payment (say INR 50,000/-), and the balance after PDI.
Jeevith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 08:14   #1656
BHPian

Suzuki Baleno gets an of average 1000 units Day?

This is never heard off. Wonder if Swift or a Kwid had such kind of bookings. All this rush, instead a mere 600 Nexa outlets? Suzuki is getting something right in India, where it couldn't in the US.

Hope Suzuki brings more exciting cars with lots of safety features and peppy engines. Way to go!

To All, use twitter, (@NexaExperience). They were instances which they responded promptly. You could also tag (@Maruti_Corp), and (@Maruti_suzuki).

Last edited by MercFan : 2nd December 2015 at 08:26.
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:07   #1657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
All this rush, instead a mere 600 Nexa outlets? Suzuki is getting something right in India, where it couldn't in the US.

600?? Sir, its less than 100 outlets till date.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 14:56   #1658
Distinguished - BHPian

35,000 Baleno hatchback bookings received so far! Average bookings are 1000 units/day with 100,000 enquiries so far.

Price increase not decided as of now.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/49993593.cms

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd December 2015 at 15:01.
Old 2nd December 2015, 15:44   #1659
BHPian

Where is the official TBHP Review of the Baleno?
Old 2nd December 2015, 16:00   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Why can't you ask the dealer to bring the car to their showroom and do the PDI there itself? Tell them that If you are completely satisfied, you will make the down payment immediately after PDI and proceed with the loan disbursement. Otherwise, they will allot the same car to some other customer as they have too many bookings anyways, right?

I have done the same 3 days ago (for Elite i20 though) and even one of my friend recently took a Baleno delivery. He too has done the same. The dealer got the vehicle and kept it in their cellar parking. He checked the vehicle, immediately made the part payment, loan was disbursed the next day and took the delivery.

I think it should definitely work for you.
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 16:40   #1661
BHPian

So, I had a chat with RM as I have a little urge to upgrade to the zeta trim from delta. Any thoughts BHPians? Also, the UV cut glass, is it really effective? Any inputs from the buyers? As I'm really thinking to upgrade the trim and swap the alloys, the main reason to upgrade would be smart key and push start/stop.
Old 2nd December 2015, 17:58   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
Why can't you ask the dealer to bring the car to their showroom and do the PDI there itself?
Actually I told this to them. But they are saying they can't bring the car to the showroom till they get full payment cleared. Then they will call me in the morning on delivery day, I can do the PDI at the showroom and then the car will be billed and registered. They repeated the sentence 'PDI by customer at yard happens nowhere in India' so many times that I almost lost my temper. I have registered a formal complaint with Nexa more than 15 days ago. Today again I called them and their response was the issue has been escalated and someone will contact you soon. Twitting or writing on FB also didn't make any difference. I am too tired of dealing with these Nexa guys now. I don't have any energy left for all this now. Will just make the payment and will see the car before delivery and registration. If anything is wrong with the car I will see what can be done.

Last edited by chandra1 : 2nd December 2015 at 18:01.
Old 2nd December 2015, 19:17   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Actually I told this to them. But they are saying they can't bring the car to the showroom till they get full payment cleared.
This is totally unacceptable. How can you make a full payment for the car without physically seeing it? I was full on temper reading your post, and immediately tweeted to NEXA guys on twitter about this one. I personally don't expect any action or response for those tweets though.

But, I would suggest you to just try talking personally to showroom manager once - just one last attempt. Of course, the final decision would be at your discretion. I can only hope and wish you best of luck if you are getting ready to take that chance.
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 20:20   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindkumarp View Post
Completed 1000 kms and got the first service done. Mine is a Ray Blue Alpha Petrol Baleno.
Here is a brief list of observations.
Firstly congrats for the great steed you have in the garage! Thanks for keeping us updated about the performance of the car. Also, it would be really great if you could throw some light on the UV cut glass. If they are really effective as they claim.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd December 2015 at 07:58. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old 2nd December 2015, 21:26   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Firstly congrats for the great steed you have in the garage! Thanks for keeping us updated about the performance of the car. Also, it would be really great if you could throw some light on the UV cut glass. If they are really effective as they claim.
Although I won't be able to quantify on the exact quantum of benefit of these UV cut glasses but yes they are definitely beneficial. The inside cabin doesn't get very hot even when you are driving in mid afternoon and I feel AC performance is definitely better
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks