Team-BHP - Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/167715-next-gen-suzuki-baleno-yra-unveiled-edit-now-launched-rs-4-99-lakhs.html)

Mod Note: Our Baleno Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Suzuki releases 2 more images of its new hatch - New Baleno.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 96893
Size:  572.7 KB

Name:  C.PNG
Views: 92738
Size:  305.5 KB

Name:  NB.PNG
Views: 90728
Size:  272.7 KB

Quote:

The new technologies include a rigid, lightweight new-generation platform,highly responsive 1.0-litre direct-injection turbo BOOSTERJET engine, and SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) featuring engine assist by an integrated starter generator. All of these contribute to a fun yet efficientdriving experience, giving the Baleno much more than just good looks and convenience.

The all-new Baleno will go on sale in Europe next spring.

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/globalne...5/pdf/0831.pdf

Finally given up on my secret hope that MS would change the headlight design to the ones in the below pic. Couldn't understand why they chose to imitate a major design element as head lights or a significant interior component as a steering wheel when designing a new product grounds up. The stance of the car and side profile look really good, rear is ok but the head lights just doesn't do for me. They repeatedly remind me of the swift.

May be slightly OT, but felt the same way when i saw ciaz's interiors for the first time. Could not understand why they went with the same old steering wheel design in the segment of ciaz when their own humble alto k10 gets a new design wheel

I Saw camouflaged YRA on test on NH8 today evening (in Gurgaon). Overall, the proportions looked good and I think it had LED tail lights.

Edit: just saw the post above by volkman10. I guess it's the same car.

The front looks a bit confusing given the shape of that headlight, but the overall proportions look great. I love the side profile and the rear. And I have a feeling this one will look better in metal than photos. Looks like a Chris Bangle product. :D

Suzuki unveils the upcoming Baleno hatchback through images. Posts moved to a new thread.

Good to see Maruti slowly tasting success in premium segment (More margins) Baleno(I thought zen would be great) is another step in that direction.

Good looking car, but i would have preferred more premium looking headlights. Like in Software terminology we say "Code reuse" Maruti seem to have done reuse from Swift when it comes to front looks.

Maruti has finally broken the 10 lakh rupee jinx. First it tasted success with Ciaz which raced on to become 2nd most selling car in its segment. S cross too seems to be going right way. Hopefully now with Baleno it should be seeing more crowd at its showrooms.

P.S. It my personal opinion that a new car should not be named similar as a model which has not done much well in older form.

This car should have been the Swift replacement IMO. That would justify the face and headlights being very similar to the Swift. Also, this would have followed evolutionary path of growing in size and offering a lot more while keeping the brand intact. But Suzuki will never let go a cash cow so soon. Just like how Alto stayed even when A-Star came into picture - which is essentially the same car of different generations.

Leaving this aside, this looks like another promising premium product (real 10 lakhs +) from Maruti Suzuki after the Ciaz and S-Cross. Hope they follow the S-Cross philosophy of offering safety features across variants and also load it up with other creature comforts. That will guarantee success for Maruti Suzuki IMO.

After tasting success from the likes of Ciaz and more lately the S Cross (which too has got very positive response), it seems that Maruti Suzuki has confidently opened up to R&D in the top segments and the next generation Suzuki Baleno is a step in that direction. The overall design of the car looks pretty robust and on a cursory glance from the sides, it can be easily mistaken for S Cross. The front grill, and the headlight designing gives it a robust look. Overall it appears to be a very decent package from the Maruti Suzuki's stable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSC (Post 3792550)
It my personal opinion that a new car should not be named similar as a model which has not done much well in older form.

I suppose the Baleno can not be really counted as a failure. It was surely not as successful as the Esteem or the Swift, but for that segment, it surely worked well for Maruti indeed.
Another point to be noted is the fact that Baleno is of now the international name for the car. There is a chance it might change the name for Indian market such as Splash became Ritz, Alto became A-Star.

Does anyone know if this will also come in A/T?

As the unveiling of the New Baleno closes in, Maruti Suzuki increases ( 40+ vehicles) its exports of different variants for testing to Japan and Europe (Germany).
Also interesting to note the declared value based on the variants. The prices by and large are 5.28L , 8.94 L, 9.07 L and the range topping at 11.56 L.

Looks like the 1.0L boosterJet variant will be priced the highest.

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture.png
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture2.png
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-capture3.png

Data Source:Zauba

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 3792909)
Does anyone know if this will also come in A/T?

Here is some speculation. Not sure of the trims, as I would guess it will follow the S Cross.

Quote:

The pricing of the Baleno will be about INR 6.75 lakhs to INR 10.5 lakhs (on-road).

There will also be an automatic on offer in the Baleno, but only on the 1.0-litre BooserJet petrol engine.
Quote:

The automatic will be made available on mid-level trims and the variants on the Baleno will be L, V, V+, Z and Z+.
http://motoroctane.com/upcoming/17928-maruti-baleno

Some highlights of the New Suzuki Baleno

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 74353
Size:  447.0 KB
Source:Suzuki fan page

Exclusive pics of the New Suzuki Baleno.

Quote:

2016 Suzuki Baleno will launch in 6 Colors, with 1.0 Boosterjet engine and SHVS hybrid technology
Quote:

However, Suzuki only released the details of the 1.0 ltr boosterjet engine, our sources tells us that Baleno will get K12C, K14 petrol with Fiat sourced DDIS200 diesel engine as well delivering 90Ps of power and 200 NM torque. 2016 Suzuki Baleno will also offered with SHVS Hybrid technology that Maruti Suzuki launched in Ciaz .
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-2016suzukibalenoinsilversideview.jpg
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-2016suzukibalenoinsilvercolorrearview.jpg
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-2016suzukibalenoinblackcolor1.jpg
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-2016suzukibalenoinblackcolor2.jpg
Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-2016suzukibalenoinsunlightcopper.jpg

http://gaadiwaadi.com/2016-suzuki-ba...-debut-090018/