Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2015, 08:52   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
AMT + AWD would make it really attractive for a city slicker like me who will also cherish the peace of mind that comes with an AWD. In my limited knowledge, I think AWD would prevent one from getting stuck at places like this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post3488552

Indeed that is going to be a boon but the news I have doesn't confirm that AMT with AWD will be on offer for duster anytime soon. This is because of pricing and complications involved in setting this up.
Old 2nd September 2015, 09:55   #17
BHPian

re: Renault Duster Explore (limited edition) launched at Rs. 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
Indeed that is going to be a boon but the news I have doesn't confirm that AMT with AWD will be on offer for duster anytime soon. This is because of pricing and complications involved in setting this up.
That's a severe disappointment for those of us who like to drive the cars ourselves and city traffic (no matter where in India) today is not conducive to enjoying a MT. Hence, I decided on the Polo GT as my smallest AT and she's an amazingly easy drive.
R170 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:25   #18
BHPian

With Hyundai Creta and Suzuki S Cross coming into the scenario, such changes in the Duster were anticipated and are on the expected lines. The spruced up interiors of this limited edition with Nouveau Orange theme are delight for the eyes. On the extrerior the racing stripes, a dark chrome front grille, smoked double barrel headlamps alongwith the pseudo bull bar with auxiliary lamps, all add up to the robust sporty look. Although pricing is one area where this limited edition may face stiff competition from the likes of Creta and S Cross.
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:30   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

My friendly sales rep genuinely has no idea about this edition beyond what we know already. He is anticipating a much better 'feel' to the interiors which is essential to face-off the Creta.

85 RXL vs 85 Explorer:
The 'normal' 85 RXL (no alloys, driver airbag only, no ABS) was 9.95 excluding a discount of around 50k. This seems to be the biggest gainer with the addition of alloys, better interiors, smoked headlamps, nudge guard etc. Probably, they will not give this high a discount anymore on the Explorer which is at 9.99

110 RXL vs 110 Explorer:
The normal 110 RXL was 10.78 (no alloys, driver airbag + ABS/EBD) excluding 50k discount again. It anyway had smoked headlamps. Biggest gain here is the alloys and nudge guard. The Explorer 110 is priced at 11.1 now. Again they may do away with discounts given its a 'new' model.

Last edited by itwasntme : 2nd September 2015 at 11:33. Reason: Format
Old 2nd September 2015, 13:09   #20
BHPian

Had a talk with the sales representative and was informed that the "Explore" is available in the RXL variants of both the 85 and 110 ps Duster.

Too bad that the 85 RXL does not give the option of ABS and only provides a driver airbag.

He mentioned that the On road price of 85 explore would be 12.40L but that looks too high for an ex showroom of 9.9L.

Last edited by batterylow : 2nd September 2015 at 13:17. Reason: Additional data
Old 2nd September 2015, 13:45   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Slight OT.

If you look at the high res pic of the exterior shot, you will notice that the wipers are aligned for a LHD car. On close inspection, the hand on the steering and the Silhouette of the drive is also seems to be photoshopped! Whats cooking Renault?
you are right. The wipers, for sure look like the LHD variant.
By any chance, Duster is sold like this only since the beginning ?
Old 2nd September 2015, 14:43   #22
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster Explore (limited edition) launched at Rs. 9.99 lakhs

I still dont understand why Renault is still trying too many with current duster. They badly need a facelift with good interior. Currently at the price point it sells, it offers a decade old look inside.
Though, I like the theme and the color in this edition, it is too little too late in the game. Renault, please stay relevant in the market.
Old 2nd September 2015, 14:44   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
With the new Duster facelift on the horizon, isnt this a waste of time,effort and investment almost like a last ditch effort to sell a few units.
It's stock clearance of the old car .

The sooner they use up all the parts for the old car, the better for the facelifted version's launch.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 15:57   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's stock clearance of the old car .

The sooner they use up all the parts for the old car, the better for the facelifted version's launch.
Ya GTO that makes sense and Seems like a good strategy. However maximum stock clearance IMHO will be at the launch of the face-lift when the older models will be available at huge discounts.
Old 3rd September 2015, 09:04   #25
BHPian

I already own a duster Rxz bought at the time of launch. It's done 1 lakh kms and I wanted to change it and booked Hyundai creta, but after seeing reviews here I felt I should try XUV500 face lift and ended up cancelling my booking with Hyundai. XUV 500 is not as good as it should be even after 3 years of launch lots of niggles to take care of. After 1,10,000 kms only regret is rear legroom which made me think about changing the vehicle. But duster once again won my heart, so i called GM sales from the dealership and booked for top end AWD model of duster white colour. But finally decided to wait for the facelift after knowing it is not far. But the dealer says it is not this year any news about the facelift will be helpful for me
pjegadeesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 09:51   #26
BHPian

The latest edition of Tamil Auto Magazine "Motor Vikatan" had a story/experience of some one who wanted to buy Duster AWD, Amazon Green from Chennai. After taking the booking amount, the dealer went on hibernation and upon insistence dealer asked him to cancel the booking.

This poor guy was still interested, he reached up to a big shot in Renault who didn't care about it. Finally he was able to get a car from a Bangalore dealer and registered it in Chennai.

While the dealer may not be interested, what is shocking is the response from Renault itself is lethargic. If they don't care to aggressively sell their own product, what is the point.

The story ends like: Bangalore Renault dealer is waiting for the car, Customer is waiting for car from Chennai dealer. However, Renault seems to be waiting for Ranbir and not the customer!

Though the way they painted it sounded like a comedy, it is really tragic for a car manufacturer. Hope they up their game once Kwid arrives, probably they are now getting bored on selling the unsaleable.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd September 2015 at 11:41. Reason: Typos
sathya_g_m is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd September 2015, 09:55   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjegadeesh View Post
I already own a duster Rxz bought at the time of launch. It's done 1 lakh kms and I wanted to change it and booked Hyundai creta, but after seeing reviews here I felt I should try XUV500 face lift and ended up cancelling my booking with Hyundai. XUV 500 is not as good as it should be even after 3 years of launch lots of niggles to take care of. After 1,10,000 kms only regret is rear legroom which made me think about changing the vehicle. But duster once again won my heart, so i called GM sales from the dealership and booked for top end AWD model of duster white colour. But finally decided to wait for the facelift after knowing it is not far. But the dealer says it is not this year any news about the facelift will be helpful for me
You are right - Creta, Ecosport and S Cross would not be a real upgrade from the Duster RxZ - almost the same segment (rather a change than an upgrade).

XUV Niggles thread is growing day by day and Innova (facelift one or current) may be beyond budget, even though it is a benchmark in space and comfort. You can have a look at the Scorpio, Terrano (still a Duster any way) or maybe consider sedans like Ciaz, Rapid, Linea or City.

If you are still going for Duster, I think driving your current Duster for some more time would be a better option, logically as well as financially. If you do not really want AWD (getting it for the sake of upgrade) then continue munching more miles on your current steed.

And congrats for that 1 Lac km milestone.
vin11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 17:05   #28
BHPian

Quote:
It would be great if you can put an ownership review or update your ownership cost/experience in the Duster review thread. First time I am seeing someone who has clocked 100K+ in Duster
Old 3rd September 2015, 17:15   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I already own a duster Rxz bought at the time of launch. It's done 1 lakh kms and I wanted to change it and booked Hyundai creta, but after seeing reviews here I felt I should try XUV500 face lift and ended up cancelling my booking with Hyundai.
What a situation! I am sure if status of vehicles in the 10-20L segment remains the same, all Duster owners will have a similar story to say. Pretty much cant see anything for an upgrade. Even a lateral upgrade.
Creta is the closest. S-Cross is good, but boot space? And if one owns a Duster 110, then only the 1.6 S-Cross makes sense, which is quite pricey.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 17:45   #30

I am not sure why have they termed it Explore if it doesn't have an AWD variant. I was going through the news reports but all the models seem to be FWD.
The interiors look great though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks