Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2015, 10:38   #121
BHPian

Re: Ford discontinues production of Figo, Classic & Fiesta

I am assuming, the sole reason for pulling out plug on the new Ford Fiesta is the losses Ford was making by selling it.

Having so many similarities with the Ecosports, the new Fiesta was more than 4 Meters in length (more excise), was always 30-40K less than comparable Ecosports models(which itself is less than 4 meters), not to mention the lucrative discounts offered by dealers.

The deletion of FF would have helped Ford dealers to free up funds and some real estate in showrooms as well. Possibly, a bold move by Ford to prepare its dealers to be equipped with newer generation of cars.
viren83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 20:08   #122
BHPian

Ignoring the fact that the classic (1.6 petrol) is an old design, is there any shortcoming in going for it (parts etc ?) , just for its great engine. Do any current alternatives, at same price, provide the same driving feel ?

Esp if the plan is not to sell the car anytime soon ... ?
Old 26th October 2015, 23:40   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
Ignoring the fact that the classic (1.6 petrol) is an old design, is there any shortcoming in going for it (parts etc ?) , just for its great engine. Do any current alternatives, at same price, provide the same driving feel ?

In a word, buck for buck, no.
If you can get one still, you should go for it. Less bells and whistles, but extremely satisfying in the fizz department.
Parts are not an issue. It's not even been months since production stopped. You're covered for the years you may want to keep it.

Last edited by mayankk : 26th October 2015 at 23:41.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 08:22   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post

Struck with exact same issue. Trying to find one, especially the Old fiesta 1.6 in good condition :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
In a word, buck for buck, no.
If you can get one still, you should go for it. Less bells and whistles, but extremely satisfying in the fizz department.
Parts are not an issue. It's not even been months since production stopped. You're covered for the years you may want to keep it.
Btw your ownership thread has been very helpful to let me decide.

Last edited by akshay380 : 21st January 2016 at 08:25.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 10:00   #125
BHPian

Though the 1.6 Fiesta has been discontinued, i can still see these models listed on the Ford India website? Not sure what could be the reason for the same. Are there planning for a relaunch in the future?
Old 21st January 2016, 10:06   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Struck with exact same issue. Trying to find one, especially the Old fiesta 1.6 in good condition :(
You should look for un-sold stock for the Fiesta diesel as well. I am sure few will be lying around . It is one great looking car and sadly I am not in the market for a car, or I would have picked it up when they slashed the prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Though the 1.6 Fiesta has been discontinued, i can still see these models listed on the Ford India website? Not sure what could be the reason for the same. Are there planning for a relaunch in the future?
There is only the Fiesta listed , not the Classic if that's what you were referring to.
Old 21st January 2016, 10:11   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
You should look for un-sold stock for the Fiesta diesel as well. I am sure few will be lying around . It is one great looking car and sadly I am not in the market for a car, or I would have picked it up when they slashed the prices.
Already have a Fiesta Diesel and Figo petrol(remember all my queries in your thread ?

Planning to buy one just for weekend fun and Figo Petrol engine disappoints :(
Old 21st January 2016, 10:19   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post

Planning to buy one just for weekend fun and Figo Petrol engine disappoints :(
Oh yes.

Always better to mod a fast stock engine than a under powered one as the results will be greater and worth on the fast one.

Do you have the Classic TDci or the Fiesta?
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 22:56   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Oh yes.

Always better to mod a fast stock engine than a under powered one as the results will be greater and worth on the fast one.

Do you have the Classic TDci or the Fiesta?
Its old 2007 Fiesta TDCi. Ran 157000km till now. Mostly used by sedate driving uncle

Most Viewed