Team-BHP - Hyundai records highest ever sales in August 2015 (40,000+ cars) Edit: now 50000!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai records highest ever sales in August 2015 (40,000+ cars) Edit: now 50000! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/167784-hyundai-records-highest-ever-sales-august-2015-40-000-cars-edit-now-50000-a.html)

Hyundai has recorded its highest-ever monthly domestic sales in India in the month of August 2015. The company has sold 40,505 cars in the month. In August 2014, it had sold 33,750 vehicles, which indicates a year on year growth of 20%.

Hyundai records highest ever sales in August 2015 (40,000+ cars) Edit: now 50000!-elitei20.jpg

Hyundai claims that it has sold more than 17,800 units of the Elite i20, i20 Active and Creta in the month.

Hyundai's export sales for August 2015 stood at 14,103 units, a drop of 1.8% compared to August 2014 (14,361 units). The company's cumulative sales for August 2015, stood at 54,608, reflecting a year on year growth of 13.5% over August 2014 (48,111 units).

In terms of passenger vehicle sales, Hyundai is placed second in the domestic market, behind Maruti Suzuki. The company ranks first among all Indian manufacturers when it comes to export sales.

Creta effect showing big time in the numbers. Do you have any numbers for Creta alone in August? Must be around 6000 to 7000 units? Well done Hyundai.

Not a surprise at all. Hyundai is headed in the right direction. They are always know to be providing VFM feature loaded vehicles and recently have been making efforts to improve the drive dynamics & handling (steering feedback, suspension, low end torque) from Grand i10 and Creta is a good example of their progression. Although not really at the pinacle of enthusiastic cars they definitely made long leaps in this regard compared to some of the earlier cars (first versions of Verna, i20, etc). Hyundai has intelligently priced the Creta catering to the customers who are looking for an all-round package (premium fit & finish, looks, decent driving exp) of a small SUV where most of the other offerings have lot of short comings. Kudos Hyundaiclap:...keep improving and Indian customers will never let you down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian (Post 3793649)
Creta effect showing big time in the numbers. Do you have any numbers for Creta alone in August? Must be around 6000 to 7000 units? Well done Hyundai.

Ravenavi's post 3793649

7473 units in August

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian (Post 3793649)
Do you have any numbers for Creta alone in August? Must be around 6000 to 7000 units?

7,473 units in August 2015, following 6,783 units in July 2015.

ET Auto

Some prelimnary data from various sources

Name:  Aug_2015_Prelim.png
Views: 5659
Size:  6.0 KB

Awesome performance by Hyundai. They have seldom put a foot wrong in the past few years. Even global sales for July were 408,026 up 5% MoM.

Kudos to Hyundai for achieving greater heights. Indian automobile market should be well supported by falling crude prices and possible softer loan interest rates soon. Hope auto companies don't overprice vehicles and service charges in the near future, rather they(auto companies) should better utilize plant capacities.

Hyundai is on a roll, and this numbers will only grow, with newer models releasing. They are launching hit after hit after hit, and purging old models on time (Santro, Accent).
BTW, I saw they are running promotions for Eon these days, and there is free insurance for that as well. Any inventory pile up problem for Eon?

As a current Creta owner and driving this car for the past 10 days, I can say that Hyundai has delivered another winner. Having owned and driven Hyundai cars for the past 12 years, I can confirm that each new model has been a true generation leap from the previous car it replaced.

Hyundai introduces current global models here, which indicates their huge commitment to the Indian market. Their cars offer options with higher safety standards. Pricing may be premium but they are meeting the aspiration of a lot of families in India.

Once the new safety standards come into place, I feel Hyundai will be the largest beneficiary. This is because their cars are on relatively new platforms and meeting new safety norms would not add to significant costs.

Cheers

KPS

Well deserved Hyundai clap:
I own a year 2000 model Santro. It is been over 15 years, the car is always parked under the sun and has been a learner's car of the family during all these years. It has taken many hits, been used to ferry even cement bags and other construction material for over a year when we were constructing our new house in 2009. However, the car still drives like anything - no rattles, I have never seen its gearshift dancing, the plastics (this is what I am impressed of) are still tight, no joint has loosened, seat belts work like charm, everything is so perfect that we haven never considered selling it off even after 15 years and over 1.5 lac kilometers.
This is Hyundai!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 3793877)
As a current Creta owner and driving this car for the past 10 days, I can say that Hyundai has delivered another winner. Having owned and driven Hyundai cars for the past 12 years, I can confirm that each new model has been a true generation leap from the previous car it replaced.

Hyundai introduces current global models here, which indicates their huge commitment to the Indian market. Their cars offer options with higher safety standards. Pricing may be premium but they are meeting the aspiration of a lot of families in India.

Once the new safety standards come into place, I feel Hyundai will be the largest beneficiary. This is because their cars are on relatively new platforms and meeting new safety norms would not add to significant costs.

Agree with most of your points. Hyundai has shown a great deal of improvement in the past few years with some well-rounded products like the i20, Creta and the Santa FE. The success indeed is so well-deserved!

But Hyundai as a safety advocate is a bit far-fetched IMO. The Creta, Santa FE etc. are great in its top variant, with airbags all-around, ESC etc. But you pay close to 30 lakhs for 2WD Santa FE and all you get are two airbags, no ESC, and a host of other safety features. Similarly with Creta, the base variants don't even get dual airbags.

I don't think hyundai are particularly concerned with safety in the Indian market but I guess the market is driven by the customer. I think sometimes, people are happier with auto folding ORVMS than passenger air-bags.

I find it extremely irritating that many versions of the Hyundai cars come with a single airbag. Why cannot they just provide one for the passenger as well? :Frustrati

In the I20, if we want both airbags, we are forced to go with the top end spec and it is the same with many of the cars in their portofolio.

Honda does much better than Hyundai in this regard (city, jazz, mobilio) and Suzuki has too started to change with the S Cross and Ciaz.

Hyundai has never taken the customer for granted and that is why they've done well so far but they need to be proactive in providing safer cars to the Indian market.

The winds are changing, and they need to be a part of it.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

In past couple of years there has never been a chance where Hyundai has gone wrong. They seem to be doing right always. They started of with Grand i10, followed it with Xcent. Then came the show stopper in Elite which went to set sales charts on fire. Carried momentum with Active I20.And then finally the Creta

There cars are reliable and mostly fuss free. I accept there have been incidents where people are stuck with Lemons but their proportion is small. A service network which is next only to Maruti is helping it in a big way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSC (Post 3795445)
In past couple of years there has never been a chance where Hyundai has gone wrong. They seem to be doing right always. They started of with Grand i10, followed it with Xcent. Then came the show stopper in Elite which went to set sales charts on fire. Carried momentum with Active I20.And then finally the Creta

There cars are reliable and mostly fuss free. I accept there have been incidents where people are stuck with Lemons but their proportion is small. A service network which is next only to Maruti is helping it in a big way.

I think Hyundai is doing a fabulous job in India. My Dad's I20 is looked after well by their service chaps.
And the car itself is of good quality with good features. Ideal for city cruising, no doubt about it.