Team-BHP - Facelifted Octy, Cheaper Laura EDIT : Laura Elegance
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Facelifted Octy, Cheaper Laura EDIT : Laura Elegance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/16793-facelifted-octy-cheaper-laura-edit-laura-elegance-5.html)

@ Busa - The dealer did not quote any price. He just said that I'll like the pricing.
@ GTO - I LOVE the RS. But I found all that jazz unnecessary and got the stripped down 1.8 Rider instead.
@ tsk - Agree with you. I also love riding the torque wave of a powerful diesel engine. But, I like high revving petrols as well.

I beleive the 170 bhp ain't that sweet to drive, the 140 bhp is more progressive, the 170 feels as if it is being overworked

If you want a high revving look at a OHC VTEC not a RS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 396524)
170BHP may be good and very efficient / torquey / fast. But a fast diesel just cannot be as satisfying to drive as a fast petrol.

Apart from the handling Charc. of verna , the car is a bloody rocket past 1900RPM. I dont know if its satisfying but i do know for the passengers its quite horrifying :) . Verna Engine + Lancer Body ----Yummyyummy....slurp slurp !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 396584)
I beleive the 170 bhp ain't that sweet to drive, the 140 bhp is more progressive, the 170 feels as if it is being overworked

Correct me if I am wrong - That I assume is a guesstimate & not actually having experianced the difference ? Or have you ? Don't you think the tuned Octavia RS's running at 200 & 300 BHP would also be overworked ? I guess it's your call - how you like the engine's state of tune & of course yur driving style.....;)

Cheers

Laura elegance version lauched for 14.32 lakhs ex mumbai..it will be available in manual version only....and only in 3 colours......

Now that is really cheap for a laura does it have a sunroof and leather seats and alloys

It comes with 16inch alloys, but like the Octavia Elegance, loses out on leather seats (these are part fabric) and doesn't come with a sunroof. Doubt the availability of the Xenons too.

Threads merged

Please do a search before starting a new topic

sorry bro.....will be careful next time..

No updates on the Indian web site yet. I think this one has projector type head lamps. Also, I think they have left out the cruise control. IMHO, it would have been better if they left out the alloys as well and priced it about 60k cheaper!

What about the facelifted octy? Would that mean, the old look will be available on discounts to clear stocks?

Drifter

This may be a bit off topic, but can somebody please tell me the logic behind the names that Skoda use?

Rider, Laura, Fabia... something doesn't quite cut it, at least in the Indian context. And don't their marketing morons do any research?

Laura. Sheesh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by elf (Post 397938)
Rider, Laura, Fabia... something doesn't quite cut it, at least in the Indian context. And don't their marketing morons do any research?
Laura. Sheesh!

lol: stop it. It has been discussed a lot of times. Skoda name their cars on their employee's names. Lauren & Klement (L&K). Laura must have a been a Lady who have been employee of the month 18 times (See Employee of the Month for the reason behind this theory)...

Well enough off topic can someone tell does it comes with 90BHP engine or 105 BHP one ?

it's the same 105bhp PD engine. I think only manual is available no DSG.