Team-BHP - Facelifted Octy, Cheaper Laura EDIT : Laura Elegance
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Facelifted Octy, Cheaper Laura EDIT : Laura Elegance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/16793-facelifted-octy-cheaper-laura-edit-laura-elegance-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifter (Post 397936)
What about the facelifted octy? Would that mean, the old look will be available on discounts to clear stocks?

Drifter

I think they will discontuned the current Octavia & it will be replaced by Laura Rider or ambiente version .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky_63 (Post 396594)
Correct me if I am wrong - That I assume is a guesstimate & not actually having experianced the difference ? Or have you ? Don't you think the tuned Octavia RS's running at 200 & 300 BHP would also be overworked ? I guess it's your call - how you like the engine's state of tune & of course yur driving style.....;)

Cheers

First point - based on user discussions, the power band is at higher revs - bit awkward for diesels

Second point - we are talking about diesel VRS's not the petrol ones

only one thing, does it still have the sun roof

Saw the Ad to day in newspaper it does not include Sun Roof (atleast it was not written over there)

The pricing is coming close to Embera CRDI and i wonder what Hyundai's response will be? Drop prices? It does not look like the CRDI option seems to have improved their sales numbers - any further information? Continuing on that, would the Tuscon have an option with this engine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangaraj (Post 400685)
The pricing is coming close to Embera CRDI and i wonder what Hyundai's response will be? Drop prices? It does not look like the CRDI option seems to have improved their sales numbers - any further information? Continuing on that, would the Tuscon have an option with this engine?

As Tadu remarked to me, the embera with a slightly larger turbo does not cut it!!!!

A freind of mine went to look at the Elegance at TAFE and they grudgingly offered a test drive in a faulty "Laura"....

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 400886)
A freind of mine went to look at the Elegance at TAFE and they grudgingly offered a test drive in a faulty "Laura"....

how lucky Ajmat to get a test drive. I'm still waiting for my test drive. I have booked for a test drive aug 2006.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvd (Post 396292)
Thanks Busa. Just got a call from the dealer confirming the same. He said around June/July and yummy pricing.:Cheering: At last, a new car (under 20lks) I'm looking forward to.

Is the Laura RS out?? I spotted a burning red Laura RS in Pune, quite a no of times......here are the pics

hey are you sure it was Laura vRS ? Cos the alloys looks same as on L&K ... Iheard that vRS was coming with Sexy 17 inchers ... BTW how bout the interiors, was it 3 or 4 spoke steering wheel ?

Read in some mag that the "sports" kit for Laura is available in India. Must be one of those kitted up Lauras. (how rude!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvd (Post 411599)
Read in some mag that the "sports" kit for Laura is available in India. Must be one of those kitted up Lauras. (how rude!)

I dont think so cos the color is Rally red(or whatever its called) which is not yet launched in India ... The only difference i see are the Alloys ...

Edit : Theres a huge possibility that the car is undregoin testing at ARAI (pune) but if it is so ,does it mean that we 'll be getting these **** alloys with what is called a fantastic driver's car .....

@ sam - Nice observaton! Repainted maybe? Where the #@$% is my dealer? He was supposed to call me when the RS was launched:Frustrati Btw, did you see the badging? Did it say 2.0PD? Because if I am not mistaken, the Laura RS is coming with the 2L PD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shuvd (Post 411618)
@ sam - Nice observaton! Repainted maybe? Where the #@$% is my dealer? He was supposed to call me when the RS was launched:Frustrati Btw, did you see the badging? Did it say 2.0PD? Because if I am not mistaken, the Laura RS is coming with the 2L PD.

hehe skoda dealer and give a call for a test drive. high hopes you have shuvd. I booked a test drive in august 2006. I'm still waiting.

Talking to a skoda dealer is like :deadhorse. he keeps showing me the Octy and telling me the Laura is similar to this car only better.:mad:

Shuvd - Its for sure that the car is not yet launched cos my cousin is mad for this car and keeps me updated with all the info .. As i said earlier to me it seems the car is undergoing testing at ARAI(read zaaakas saw this same car several times at pune) but if this is true how on earth can skoda think of giving such dull looking boring alloys ?
Only zaaakaaas can throw some light this ...

@ vid - Am a bit lucky(?) in that respect. He's always after me saying "yaar Laura le le Laura le le":p