Team-BHP - Facelifted Octy, Cheaper Laura EDIT : Laura Elegance
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Facelifted Octy, Cheaper Laura EDIT : Laura Elegance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/16793-facelifted-octy-cheaper-laura-edit-laura-elegance-9.html)

Hmm. So Ajmat, finally getting an elder brother for the OHC eh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech (Post 530668)
Hmm. So Ajmat, finally getting an elder brother for the OHC eh.

Am seriously looking for it now - know any good 2nd hand ones?

Quote:

know any good 2nd hand ones?
I know of a few, but none meet that one word in bold!

Until last week I desperately wanted to change my vRS for something else the reason was in the last 2 months she has given up on my twice, so I stated hunting for something I would be satisfied with. I test drove a friends Civic Manual and a Optra Magnum. In short in comparison the Civic is very futuristic but a bloody PANSY to drive and the magnum is lovely after 2K on the RPM but nowhere close to the vRS in drive quality + the fit and finish(I agree the price point is way off still....) so after being irritated for a week and realizing that there was nothing else I could change to and be happy (Perhaps a Honda V6 again I'm not crazy about the Accord). I decided to pimp her up, called up 4 seasons dropped her Saturday afternoon got a Re-Map + Air Intake(K&N) and waiting for the new Forge dump valve/blow-off valve.

All I can say is WOW!! I'm bloody loving it, she now loves sitting @ 7K and doesn't give you the feeling at all about the limiter kicking in. The sound of the dump valve(Stock) is crazy!! its a treat to push her and pull your leg off from the throttle.

Now with regards to the new Laura RS, the word I have got is that theres going to be no vRS in the laura for a while but next year feb 08 there would be a petrol 1.8T with the FSI module on it. Now thats the only car I can think of to upgrade to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 530565)

RS is Rs 16 L on road - think of the money down the drain
1.8 TPI is Rs 13L on road - A magnum with a tuning box will lick it

I'll take you up on the offer on the magnum with a tuning box VS a 1.8T with a remap!!!

Best Regards,

Satyam.

PS:I'm posting almost after 2 years, guess its the chip that made me come back here :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangaraj (Post 530601)
Exactly.. Been seeing a lot on the road.. It seems to be attracting a community that wants the best luxury interiors, great diesel FE and still not attract too much attention. I cant seem to find any other vehicle that offers this combination.

Very good summarization. Another reason for me at least was that there is no other car with these gizmos and interior luxury at this external size. Nearest was the Accord but found it whopping big.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 530663)
Difference for xenon lights, leather seats, sunroof, oompah stereo, more airbags is about a lakh and a bit so why not stump up. The elegance wheels look better though.

Still the difference between a tpi and an RS is too vast compared to above

Told the guys to call me around the 20th, they called me just now - they are desperate

Have had three calls from three different people - so much for account management and ownership

After having walked in and expressing my needs - performance etc

First call - sounds like receptionist or someone like that

"Have you decided? " (they have not even offered a test drive so how can I decide!)

"I'd like an RS but it is too expensive also owners compain about the service"

"Not expensive , service is no problem people will pick up car"

"Will you give me a discount on the car ? "

"No saar"

Second call from the salesman

"Have you decided on the car"

reply with same story about RS being expensive and poor resale value

"Then take a diesel, saar" - shucks - I walked in there and was talking about performance

Decide to twist knife and see reaction

"Sorry no, anyway, Magnum is very powerful for less money"

"So , saar, you are draapping the deal"

"Yes"

Disappointed sigh and click

Third Call - showroom manager

Same conversation upto the diesel part then he says, why not take Superb petrol saar"

"where's 16 lakhs and 26 lakhs"

Click

Analysis
1: These guys do not take account of customer needs, they are so full of their product

2: They could have tried selling an 1.8 TPi Rider but never bothered - maybe they are not aware that it exists

3: I indicated that I would jump at a good used RS - never bothered to bite or clinch a deal

On one hand, I felt sorry for them but on the other, they desrve it, folks like Tadu walked in and walked out due to lousy treatment - now the tables are turning

There is no concern for customer satisfaction (forget delight) in most of our day to day experiences in India.. It is the attitude of "i am doing you a favour, so take it or leave it".. sigh.. click..

Ajmat I had the same fate. Would you believe they told me to get my dad then they would offer a test drive. Till then they only allowed me to sit in the car.

When my dad called and asked for a TD they said people who buy the Laura buy it without TD as the vehicle is so good it doesn't need a TD. If I wished I could drive the 1.9TDi octy which they said is just an upgraded version of the Laura. My dad told them he wasnt interested in the Octy and when he was payin 3-4L more for the laura there wasn't a point in driving the octy.

They then called a few weeks later saying the Laura had arrived. We went to the showroom and were informed by the sales guy that the Laura for TD was sold??? And the other Laura had been taken by the owner. Again we were offered a Octy claiming it was similar. We just walked off from there. I don't think I'll be getting a Skoda no matter how good a car it is.

I have driven the new Camry, Accord Civic but was never asked to get my dad along!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 530671)
Am seriously looking for it now - know any good 2nd hand ones?

Want a combi L&K , Ajmat?

Ajmat, why don't you check out a 'used Superb', a 2006 model should be available for 17.5

More than anything else the Superb has extremely comfortable rear seats, powerful engines and is probably the most comfortable production sedan on Indian roads today.

A Laura is an excellent drivers car, only issues are rear legroom which is only 5cm more than a M800. That apart from the name itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 540911)
Want a combi L&K , Ajmat?

Quote:

Ajmat, why don't you check out a 'used Superb', a 2006 model should be available for 17.5

A Laura is an excellent drivers car, only issues are rear legroom which is only 5cm more than a M800. That apart from the name itself.
Was looking for something rapid!!!

A 'peted' Superb V6 ain't rapid enough for ya ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 540985)

Magnum + pete it once the contraption is available.
Should probably give you what - around 140bhp & 40Nm ? Around 12L ?

Knowing his inclination toward European build, I dont think Ajmat will consider an Optra.

@ Ajmat : keep looking around. A used and clean RS could be waiting for ya!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 540985)

Combi vRS ? WIll ask around here.