Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 16:58   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy77 View Post
well ladies and gentlemen,
tata's going to launch its MUV called the tata indicruz,based on the indica sapphire platform,as indigo and marina based on indica platform.
Indicruz is based on a new platform codenamed X2. It is not based on the new Indica platform which is X1.
Old 30th July 2008, 17:46   #182
Senior - BHPian

Is it that they do this city testing for junk fuel testing as well as to be seen by junta and buzz created on forums like ours, and elsewhere- else buzz costs money!
Old 30th July 2008, 17:55   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Is the Indica V3 launch being handled by Fiat? The V3 (sounds like a Motorola phone!) is turning into another Palio Stile. They better launch it fast or it's going to look outdated from day one!
Even if it is outdated, it will still look better than all other cars in the segment in the market. It is still better than looking like Swift or Fabia or Santro or WagonR or Zen Estilo, right? (with due respect to the owner of the above cars).

But then who buys cars mainly for its looks? Look is just a secondary thing when people buy cars.
Old 30th July 2008, 18:01   #184
BHPian

@ direct injection-yah X1 is code name of indica and X2 is the code name of the new vehicle-u are absolutely right..but the indicruz looks exactly same as the X1 but obviously it is raised and gained that particular height to look like an MUV. i thought members might not know about the code names.
Old 30th July 2008, 18:02   #185
Senior - BHPian

The first image as seen in rearview mirror where we can see the new Indica's front quarter view, made me feel that the car is too high for the front end looks. The grille could have been better shaped.
The C-pillar looks like its straight taken away from Spark. The tail lights look like they are from Nano ( which itself gets design from present Indica ).

Not a good thing. When the present Indica was launched, it looked much better than competetion. It looked one of the best hatches till Swift came out.
I hope that has something for the updatation version like the present Indica had such in V2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Amit , it will be out soon
Any confirmed launch dates ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
The silver one looks ala-getz from the front with the rakish headlamps. I mean there is a strong resemblance and not sure it is a good thing.
The headlights of Getz prime had strong resemblence with Peugeot 307.

Quote:
well ladies and gentlemen,
tata's going to launch its MUV called the tata indicruz,based on the indica sapphire platform,as indigo and marina based on indica platform. the indicruz has a shape almost like an Innova smooth curves going to have a lot of goodies hope this car works for them unlike the sumo grande.
its launch is dec.this year or jan.09 i think it'll be with MnM (mahindra) Ingineo which is also an MUV. will update you all about the indicruz.
What is the source of info ? Is it from company or from internet ?
Old 30th July 2008, 18:17   #186
BHPian

@ swami- well my relative works in TML so he told me about it (indicruz)-so the source is pretty reliable-hope it'll be a jan 09 launch because indica sapphire was going to launch 1 and a half months ago-but due to quality issues its delayed. out of which ratan tata took a firm stand and announced the deadline as 15th aug. BTW bookings are open as on 15th aug. with dealerships the car will be available within 1 weeks or 15 days time. not like the swift diesel which has a waiting period of 2 months min.
Old 30th July 2008, 18:43   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ swami- well my relative works in TML so he told me about it (indicruz)-so the source is pretty reliable-hope it'll be a jan 09 launch because indica sapphire was going to launch 1 and a half months ago-but due to quality issues its delayed. out of which ratan tata took a firm stand and announced the deadline as 15th aug. BTW bookings are open as on 15th aug. with dealerships the car will be available within 1 weeks or 15 days time. not like the swift diesel which has a waiting period of 2 months min.

Does this mean that the launch of Indica is suppossed to happen on Independence day and the bookings will open on the same day. Right ?
Is this new Indica called Indica Sapphire or Sapphire is some other format of Indica like estate.
Old 30th July 2008, 20:03   #188
BHPian

Quote:
indica sapphire was going to launch 1 and a half months ago-but due to quality issues its delayed. out of which ratan tata took a firm stand and announced the deadline as 15th aug. BTW bookings are open as on 15th aug. with dealerships the car will be available within 1 weeks or 15 days time. not like the swift diesel which has a waiting period of 2 months min.
Hats off Ratanji, you have prevented a possilbe painfull moments for the first V3 customers. Hope it'll (Quality) be a trend setter for the Hatch.

I should be booking a V3, but only after Test drive.
Old 30th July 2008, 21:10   #189
BHPian

Quote:
@ i thought members might not know about the code names.
Trust me, even OEMs would be surprised at the amount of information you can get from people on this forum.

Since you mentioned that your relative works at TML could you check with him/her if a platform with code name X4 exists or not
Old 30th July 2008, 22:31   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Trust me, even OEMs would be surprised at the amount of information you can get from people on this forum.

Since you mentioned that your relative works at TML could you check with him/her if a platform with code name X4 exists or not
yes indivic i shall definitely check out for X4 but till today i dint hear anything of that sort but will still for you. but yes the Indicruz is code named X2 and its TML name is "XO" i.e Crossover not zero its an "O" o for olive. it is X2 only for vendors.

teddy bear i think you should better test drive it-my friend is a dealer of tata passenger vehicles so ill ask him if he's got any notice about indica sapphire's lauch.

Last edited by Zappo : 31st July 2008 at 18:19. Reason: Please post at one go. Consecutive posts merged.
Old 31st July 2008, 09:45   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
I should be booking a V3, but only after Test drive.

Good luck! This time I have high hopes on the Indica and I am eagerly waiting too!
Old 31st July 2008, 10:12   #192
tez
BHPian

lets hope tata guys improve on their quality. The engine is a gem and with good quality interiors, new indica should give a fight to swift.
Old 31st July 2008, 12:36   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
indica sapphire was going to launch 1 and a half months ago-but due to quality issues its delayed.
It's disheartening to learn that even the new Indica has quality problems. One expected the new car to be glitch-free. Hasn't Tata moved up the learning curve in these 10 years of car manufacturing? The new Indica was created way back in 2004 and was originally meant to be launched in 2007.

Quote:
out of which ratan tata took a firm stand and announced the deadline as 15th aug.
That may not be a very sensible thing to do. What if the quality problems are not sorted out by 15 August? Would the initial customers be getting problem cars yet again? It would be better to delay the launch and sort out all the quality issues first.

It is said that the original Indica was launched prematurely against the advice of the production and quality deptts. causing quality issues in initial Indicas. Let's not have a repeat of all that.

Last edited by directinjection : 31st July 2008 at 12:38.
Old 31st July 2008, 12:44   #194
Senior - BHPian

more than the product quality, their A.S.S needs to be improved!
Old 31st July 2008, 13:32   #195
BHPian

surprise -- new Indica parked in my building area

I go downstairs to drop my younger son to school and do a customary check on my indigo and what do I see? a brand new Indica DLX ( check the snap of the sticker) parked in a remote corner not visible easily. I walked up to it to confirm and then ran upstairs all 7 floors ( lights had to die out at that moment) and ran down again with my mobile .The car had Goodyear tyres instead of the regular Bridgestone OE tyres. All snaps are from my mobile.
Attached Thumbnails
The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-310708_0743.jpg  

The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-310708_0744.jpg  

The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-310708_0745.jpg  

The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-310708_0746.jpg  

The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-310708_0747.jpg  

The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-310708_0749.jpg  

The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-310708_0750.jpg  

The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-310708_0751.jpg  

The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-310708_0752.jpg  

The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-310708_0753.jpg  

The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-310708_0754.jpg  

Last edited by kpbhatt : 31st July 2008 at 13:35.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks