Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2006, 00:37   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection
It is definitely not a Fiat with Tata badge. Work on the new Indica V3 began way back in 2004, much before the tie up with FIAT. Tata had signed a fresh agreement with IDEA for doing the styling for the new Indica.
It may well not be a Fiat, but then why do Tata want to use the engines from Fiat when they have the 1.4 DICOR?
Old 8th September 2006, 10:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye
It may well not be a Fiat, but then why do Tata want to use the engines from Fiat when they have the 1.4 DICOR?
I guess Tata has started to suspect its engineers' abilities. Or they are trying to exploit the 50:50 JV at fullest.
Old 8th September 2006, 17:28   #18
BHPian

multi jet wud be interresting to look for . the dicor on the current versions . i think this is enough to outdo swift and getz diesel provided that the new indica will be as economical as the current one
Old 8th September 2006, 23:54   #19
BHPian

Great news about TATA motors. Hope that car will be able to rival European cars and beat it. I am eager to see first official pics. Hope the car will get as standard frontal and side Airbags.
The Indica is the first 100% Indian car built.The first car cannot be prefect in everything , needs years to improve it.
Old 9th September 2006, 12:32   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

rahul, those are hardly 'spy pics'. there's nothing you can make out - the car is effectively camouflaged.
Old 22nd September 2006, 22:22   #21
BHPian

Cant make out much from the disguised pics. I am Looking forward to this car with huge anticipation.
Old 23rd September 2006, 12:51   #22
BHPian

to me its looking like a smaller indiva concept
Old 23rd September 2006, 22:52   #23
BHPian

I'm happy to see Tata, the first real indian car manufacture, to move up in the value chain. Good thing with Tata motors is that they are listening the feedback and improving bit by bit. For being just over 7 years in car business, they have made good progress. And they seem to know customer psyche very well.

I'm amazed at their Product marketing team. Look at the way, they derived V2 and V3 varients and for Indigo, simply V varient. This way, they'll keep cashing on Taxi and fleet sagment who are happy with current products and at same time, venturing with technically better (and little pricy) variants of the same product to attract discerning customers.

All the best to Tata.
Old 24th September 2006, 20:12   #24
BHPian

The spy pics dont even have headlamp and tail lamps. I wonder how Tata places this car alongside Fiat Punto, both being in the same segment and sharing the same engine.
Old 25th September 2006, 02:16   #25
Team-BHP Support

Just a couple of days back I saw the artist's rendition of the Indica V3. The first thing that struck me was the size. Whoa... it was looking huge. I mean Indians are not accustomed to such big hatches here. Also has a high waistline... And of course that trademark smiley grille is there... intact

But all in all it looked like one helluva car. The headlights in that rendition were looking really awesome!
Old 25th September 2006, 12:09   #26
BHPian

This is definately a great news, and seems a market shaker for sure.

With the Indica V2, tata did surprise me pleasently with the nice styled and attractive Indica. The clear headlamps and the fender flares were nice. now i hope the keep up the tradition of working their designs to better models, and launch an even more attractive V3.

Space going up, meaning it would then be almost as spacious as the Getz. that wud definately be a great thing having ample space in a small car.

Kudos to TATA for the hopefully fantastic V3. but they really need to do such stuff to the Safari too.
Old 10th October 2006, 12:22   #27
BHPian

a general correction

What everyone's referring to as Indica-V3 is actually something of an off-shoot from the Indiva Concept (displayed at the Geneva Auto Show a couple of years back) ..
The spy pics were of this very car. - slated to be launched in early 2008.
Yes, the car's gonna be a welcome change of platform .

The V-3,on the other hand, about to be launched in a not-so-distant future, would be a face-lifted Indica ... it'd be for the V-2 Much like the V2 was for the original -ca.
Old 10th October 2006, 13:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manas
What everyone's referring to as Indica-V3 is actually something of an off-shoot from the Indiva Concept (displayed at the Geneva Auto Show a couple of years back) ..
The spy pics were of this very car. - slated to be launched in early 2008.
Yes, the car's gonna be a welcome change of platform .

The V-3,on the other hand, about to be launched in a not-so-distant future, would be a face-lifted Indica ... it'd be for the V-2 Much like the V2 was for the original -ca.
According to Mr Ratan Tata, this new hatchback car is the successor to the current Indica and will have a sedan version as well. Work on this car began long back. The following news report about its development appeared in The Hindu Business Line way back in 2004.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...0302170300.htm

Whether it will be called Indica V3 or something else is not known. But
it has been purposefully designed to resemble the current Indica at least to some extent, just to ensure a certain degree of continuity amidst change. Hence the speculation that it may be called the Indica V3. Most major international car manufacturers retain the car's brand name even if the car has been through a complete transformation. Golf, Corolla, Accord, Civic are brands that have existed for a few decades now, with the current models having little in common with the original. With Tata Motors aspiring to be an international level auto player, howsoever small, it may also follow this practice.
Old 27th November 2006, 15:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

The latest issue of ACI has spy pictures of the new X1 Indica that was being tested in Pune. I actually wanted to post this in the "Are we too harsh on tata" post but the thread was closed before I could put in my views.

Anyway, the next Indica looks pretty good from whatever little one can see from the disguised car. I feel the new Indica will silence all the Tata critics. Forget Fiat's multijet engines, Tata's own engines seem very capable of giving a good fight to the competitors. DICOR and the petrol 1.4 twincam 100bhp engines seem pretty impressive. The only feature I didn't like on the car was the centrally mounted instrument cluster. I hope Tata changes that by the time the car is put up on sale.
Old 27th November 2006, 16:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

Another feature of the new Indica (as seen from the spy pics) was its big rear door and a overall wide stance. Possibly, there is even more space inside the new Indica than the current Indigo.
Besides, as they mentioned, their petrol Fusion had a hard time keeping up with the test mule.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks