Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2008, 20:57   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
I remember seeing the Indica the way it looks right now from the very beginning.
yup those are standard of the indicab. the indica has has about 2 facelifts in its life so it cant look the same that it did at the beginning.
Old 23rd July 2008, 20:57   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I hope they have matt black as a production color!
Would you like it with the dirt or without??
Old 23rd July 2008, 21:08   #108
Senior - BHPian

All new Indica - Expected date of ...

The new Indica looks fantastic and a sea change over the current V2 I own. I am currently and patiently waiting for the Grande Punto to arrive, as I'm keen to make that my next car, but this Indica is very tempting enough.

Does anyone have a realistic idea of from when this car might be up for sale? I hear the Fiat GP might not get released until Jan 2009 and I feel it might a long wait until then.

I still might wait, but if this Indica looks fantastic in flesh, I just might buy it and end the wait.

Please let me know if someone has an idea.

Thanks
ak
Old 23rd July 2008, 21:28   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
yup those are standard of the indicab. the indica has has about 2 facelifts in its life so it cant look the same that it did at the beginning.
I've seen all sorts of taillamps on indicabs. besides the regular stuff, there is the black plastic ones with the round lamps , then those which look like the original indica taillamps , but with clear glass for the indicators ( not orange tinted ) , and no, they didnt seem faded old taillamps.
I wonder if tata just takes whatever is available and slaps them on indicabs ?

PS : any idea how much those black plastic taillamps cost ? I quite like them
Old 23rd July 2008, 22:12   #110
Senior - BHPian

This looks like a sedan with its tail cut-off. Better that way as the sedan version will look proportionate.
Old 24th July 2008, 01:22   #111
HKP
BHPian

Tail lamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
?????
Are you referring to the once used in Indicabs.
Attachment 31915
Ok, so you mean the round ones are only for INDICABS. I did not know that. The one on GLS version got extented a little more to become that of V3 I guess. See the pics.

Anyways, the back side looks very much like Fusion now.

\\hkp
Attached Thumbnails
The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-indiagls.jpg  

Old 24th July 2008, 09:49   #112
BHPian

Things Moving Fast At Tata

Hey folks,

I wonder what is going on inside Tata Motors.

They really seem to be in a mood to storm the market.

Saw two partially camouflaged Xenon's back to back and a completely camouflaged sedan (no prizes for guessing it will be the new Indigo).

I really need to buy a good camera phone as the pics from my current phone are far too hazy to be posted here.

Will try getting the pics and post as soon as i can.

Cheers
Old 24th July 2008, 13:52   #113
BHPian

I was at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore yesterday to get my RC book corrected. Haven't had time to post or start a thread, but I had purchased a mountain green safari 2.2 (EX and 4x2) recently. Will do that during this weekend

Anyways, I was informed by the sales guy who sold me my truck that production has been stopped for all indica diesel variants except the taxi variants. All dealers are now supposedly to be selling off existing stocks only.

The new multijet indica will be launched within the next few days/weeks. The display console is centrally mounted like in the Spark. The sales guy said he had driven it and he was very impressed.

While Fiat will be sold from this outlet, their mysore road outlet will be focussed on fiat cars going forward.

Depends on how much you can trust the sales guy's word, but am really keen to see the new indica after his description.
Old 24th July 2008, 14:42   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Anyways, I was informed by the sales guy who sold me my truck that production has been stopped for all indica diesel variants except the taxi variants. All dealers are now supposedly to be selling off existing stocks only.
When he says all models, does it mean ALL models except Indicab? By doing this, TATA is making way for the new indica and the old model will be stopped and will not sell alongside the new sibling.
Old 24th July 2008, 15:26   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post

The new multijet indica will be launched within the next few days/weeks. The display console is centrally mounted like in the Spark. The sales guy said he had driven it and he was very impressed.
That sounds like FUD on the sales guy's part. no matter how reasonably Tata prices the new Indica , i doubt it can match the current indica's price.Its a bigger and much better car. It would be foolish on tata's part to kill off their cash cow. It would be like Maruti Discontinuing the alto/WR for the A star/Splash ( Also rumoured ) , but still, tata would need a 4 lakh diesel.
I think he just wants to scare people into buying the current indica diesel/ besides, we've had previous reports that both cars would be sold alongside each other . I suspect there are price cuts for the current indica in the pipeline
Old 24th July 2008, 15:29   #116
Team-BHP Support

I somehow doubt this very much. The current model was launched in 2007. I do not think they will discontinue the new mmoulds and press that they would have made for that model within barely 1.5 years.

I think they will most probably do an Indigo. So the current models may very well make an entry back to the showrooms with VS badging, just as they have done with the Indigo and the Marina. However I also think that the NA version may very well disappear except for in the Indicab versions.
Old 24th July 2008, 16:41   #117
BHPian

Just repeating what I was told by an earnest sales guy. 'Production of all diesel models except TD cabs stopped'

But hey! Fair enough... I dont buy it too when you think about the business implications of such a move. Hence my expression of doubt also on the sales guy's information in my last line.

Nevertheless, a redesigned multijet indica should offer an alternative to the stile/swift multijet debate, wot?
Old 24th July 2008, 17:03   #118
BHPian

Guys is it just me or all of you also agree that the V2 & upcoming v3 doesnt look very different from each other, its just that it is a couple of inches taller and maybe another couple of inches bigger, the stance, the body contours still make it look like the Indica. I have seen this car in the auto expo, did look slightly chunkier but still had too much in common with the current Indica. I think they should gone for a fresh design to make it look different from the current Indica. I know it will get a better heart (the engine) and a different dash ( the center mounted console) but visibly the car doenst look very different.
Old 24th July 2008, 18:09   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Guys is it just me or all of you also agree that the V2 & upcoming v3 doesnt look very different from each other, its just that it is a couple of inches taller and maybe another couple of inches bigger, the stance, the body contours still make it look like the Indica. I have seen this car in the auto expo, did look slightly chunkier but still had too much in common with the current Indica. I think they should gone for a fresh design to make it look different from the current Indica. I know it will get a better heart (the engine) and a different dash ( the center mounted console) but visibly the car doenst look very different.
I have to disagree buddy.
Just see for yourself.
If this is not a major change then no car in the world ever changed.
What you are saying is that Maruti fed us M800, Zen and then Alto which were the same cars with different names.

Just see for yourself and tell us whether you still think the same.
The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-v2-front.jpg AND The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-v3-front.jpg

ALSO
The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-v2-rear.jpg AND The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-v3.rear.jpg

It is definitely better.

Cheers
Old 24th July 2008, 18:11   #120
Senior - BHPian

besides , its the indica's sucessor after all, and there should be a family resemblance , shouldn't it
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks