Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2008, 18:58   #121
BHPian

No, Indica V2 will not be stopped

Till yesterday i could see Indica Dicor advertisement. V2 is the only diesel hatch that ranging from 4 to 5 Lacs. And Vista (V3) is going to be 5 to 6 Lac segment competing Swift & Getz.

I guess It is only for the big launch of V3 they cut down the production. ( Similarly there was a rumour that Santro will be stopped after i10 launch). Both will be available so that the VFM customers would go for the V2 after reviewing the V3.

Tata is not Toyota to stop Qualis to launch Innova .

The success of this Vista - V3 is mainly depends on how it is received by consumer, Auto Magazines & Team BHPianscheers: in their test drives. It is mainly depends on the feedback from the first set of owners that spreads by mouth to mouth.
Old 24th July 2008, 19:29   #122
Senior - BHPian

For Indica (v3 or any future versions) to be any serious competition to existing hatches, the quality needs to be pulled up a lot higher than a few notches. Tata just dont seem to get over the quality niggles. No matter how good, how spacious the new cars from Tata are going to be, if they can not improve on quality, they will for ever remain for car fleet owners. Case in point abt the quality (and not car fleet ownership ) is the new Safari & Sumo Grande. Fresh and chunky designs but quality leaves a lot to be desired. Tata vehicles simple dont seem to age as well as others do.
Old 24th July 2008, 19:49   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Better Pics i hope. I read the methods of posting directly on teambhp so here is an attempt. It actually worked!

With those huge headlamps it looks like a spiderman/batman. Is it going to be a box office hit too
Old 24th July 2008, 19:54   #124
BANNED

No body seems to be talking about the fate of the petrol Indica's ; talking about the V2 XETA here.
Will they be phased out with the launch of the petrol V3 which will have a 1.2L VVT engine?
Old 25th July 2008, 10:14   #125
BHPian

I think its already rolled out or at least the dealers should have received the new Indica V3's . Saw one today morning near Aditya Birla Hospital in neck to neck traffic -- was a temp registered car (MH14-TC- XXXX) with a middle aged gent from B U Bhandari motors ( dealer in Pune) driving it -- it was a Bright Red Indica V3. and my first impression was WOW -- there was an Indica V2 in front and a similar coloured swift behind this car and this one looked bigger than both and better too. I waved to the gentleman and said nice car as he moved past me -- sorry -- couldn't take any pictures

Can anyone confirm if it has reached dealerships and being readied for launch ?
Old 25th July 2008, 10:59   #126
Senior - BHPian

It will be launched next month, have a look at the 63rd AGM of TATA.
Read the 2nd last para.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
I think its already rolled out or at least the dealers should have received the new Indica V3's . Saw one today morning near Aditya Birla Hospital in neck to neck traffic -- was a temp registered car (MH14-TC- XXXX) with a middle aged gent from B U Bhandari motors ( dealer in Pune) driving it -- it was a Bright Red Indica V3. and my first impression was WOW -- there was an Indica V2 in front and a similar coloured swift behind this car and this one looked bigger than both and better too. I waved to the gentleman and said nice car as he moved past me -- sorry -- couldn't take any pictures

Can anyone confirm if it has reached dealerships and being readied for launch ?
Old 25th July 2008, 11:07   #127
BHPian

I too saw the same car on the road 2 days ago and also today in busy traffic. Must tell you this car looked good! Its taller and wider than the current indica and the interiors also appeared to be of decent quality (only assuming) and also had what looked like an integrated stereo. I know i'll be killed for this but SORRY...couldn't take pictures. It looked like a finished product than a test vehicle but without the badging. Must be on the verge of a launch!
Old 25th July 2008, 12:42   #128
BHPian

Just called Prerana & Concord motors in Bangalore. Concord says it will be launched in August. But Prerana says Septemeber.

Concord confirmed that only Dielsel model will be available first. Petrol will be launched later.
Old 25th July 2008, 13:20   #129
BHPian

car looks good.i think the launch date is near as many of the t-bhpians have started seeing the car on roads.
Old 25th July 2008, 13:42   #130
BHPian

How about the length? Has there been an increase in length too? If yes, then a tough competition for Grande Punto (later) and Fabia.
Old 25th July 2008, 13:45   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
How about the length? Has there been an increase in length too? If yes, then a tough competition for Grande Punto (later) and Fabia.
Yes. Wheelbase too has been increased from 2400 mm to 2470 mm which is more than that of the existing Indigo (2450 mm).
Old 25th July 2008, 14:44   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Well, GP is about 2500 mm and Indica V3 is 2470 mm. However we still don't know how they would compare against each other in terms of interior packaging. Hoping for both to be competitive against VW's products.

What is also not clear is if Fiat India want to reduce the overall length of GP to less than 4000 mm to qualify for the excise sops. My wish would be that they leave it untouched and price it sensibly or competitively, and rough it out on the market with a long term perspective.
Old 25th July 2008, 15:21   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
What is also not clear is if Fiat India want to reduce the overall length of GP to less than 4000 mm to qualify for the excise sops. My wish would be that they leave it untouched and price it sensibly or competitively, and rough it out on the market with a long term perspective.
The GP is 4030 mm so they just have to change the fender design to chop of 30 mm. If fusion could do it without looking very different from the Petrol fusion, I am sure they can do the same with the GP. And I am sure they should do it, there is not even a single car which is giving Swift a run for its money and we need that badly now.

Last edited by ranc : 25th July 2008 at 15:23.
Old 25th July 2008, 16:51   #134
BHPian

Expectations!

I am expecting Fiat to price the GP competitively but at the same time we should also consider its technology, size, interiors, drivability & above all the QUALITY.
IMO compared to Swift its a far more better car but I am affraid people should not over expect in terms of pricing.
By evaluation of Fiat by so many people, I am feeling like Fiat has been trying hard to prove its excellence. but to frankly tell you, IMO I felt Palio Multijet to be far better than Swift when I TD both.

I could feel the strong build quality, excellent drivability & handling in the Palio & its echos that ITALIAN DNA inside it.
Old 25th July 2008, 17:26   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
The GP is 4030 mm so they just have to change the fender design to chop of 30 mm. If fusion could do it without looking very different from the Petrol fusion, I am sure they can do the same with the GP. And I am sure they should do it, there is not even a single car which is giving Swift a run for its money and we need that badly now.
True, but should Fiat do it for the purpose of availing this benefit at the risk of harming what will probably be one of the best looks on a hatch in the Indian market.

The Fusion escaped rather unscathed but Ford had to shave off only 19 mm (I guess it was 4018 mm) to qualify but they probably shaved off some more.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed