Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 09:15   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
i couldnt figure out for the life of me - why were they testing there?
They were probably doing a testing of the suspension in real-world scenario instead of creating one in their test area. Why to invest a lot of money and develop a test track with different road surfaces when you already have them on the main roads itself and testing there is free of cost?

At KMS, they were testing with 4 people in the car. It was being driven at pretty high speeds. And cornering at high speeds too. Seemed pretty stable and well planted on the road.

Also saw a silver supra make its way to KMS on the same day. Could not take snaps of that unfortunately.

Last edited by wheeler : 30th July 2008 at 09:17.
Old 30th July 2008, 09:28   #167
Senior - BHPian

@wheeler , thanks for the pics. I had spotted the same car last week in Coimbatore. Seems like Tata does test its cars here too. I had spotted the Sumo Grande before launch. I think even New indigo is doing rounds with Temp. Coimbatore reg.
Old 30th July 2008, 10:25   #168
BHPian

Wow! V3 looks even better. If the put some quality materials and the multijet engine, it is going to be very tempting, sure to be preferred to the ugly and cramp swift. The one in auto expo had too stretched head lamps. The one in the spy looks good.
Old 30th July 2008, 11:07   #169
Senior - BHPian

The silver one looks ala-getz from the front with the rakish headlamps. I mean there is a strong resemblance and not sure it is a good thing.
Old 30th July 2008, 11:33   #170
Senior - BHPian

Do i see chrome door handles?
Old 30th July 2008, 11:37   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Even i thought the same when i saw the pic. But we cant make it out clearly since the quality of the pic not upto the mark. But i dont think it ll have chrome handles.
Old 30th July 2008, 12:41   #172
BHPian

I think they are testing it everywhere. Saw it in margao day before yesterday. was stationed outside a restaurant maybe the driver went for dinner so had a nice chance to look at it. Looks much bigger but that front grill is an eyesore. Otherwise the quality seemed better then the current one. Car didn't have any badges.One more interesting thing I noticed there was a led flashing on the dash that means this car is going to come with Immobiliser.
Old 30th July 2008, 14:23   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
No it is Body colured (metallic silver white) Handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd_city View Post
I think they are testing it everywhere. Saw it in margao day before yesterday.
They are testing it till yesterday? then how can we expect it for August launch? hope it is not a usual petrol launch first and Diesel launch later :-(

Last edited by TeddyBear : 30th July 2008 at 14:31.
Old 30th July 2008, 15:20   #174
Senior - BHPian

Are the wheels/tires still small?
Old 30th July 2008, 15:37   #175
Senior - BHPian

Is the Indica V3 launch being handled by Fiat? The V3 (sounds like a Motorola phone!) is turning into another Palio Stile. They better launch it fast or it's going to look outdated from day one!
Old 30th July 2008, 15:40   #176
Senior - BHPian

Amit , it will be out soon

p.s. well it does have Fiat engine
Old 30th July 2008, 16:05   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
They were probably doing a testing of the suspension in real-world scenario instead of creating one in their test area. Why to invest a lot of money and develop a test track with different road surfaces when you already have them on the main roads itself and testing there is free of cost?
The testing of these cars on city roads and highways is not on account of absence of test tracks at TM. Tata has the best and most elaborate test tracks in the country, at Jameshedpur as well as Pune. Moreover, they have existed since 1970s.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:08   #178
Senior - BHPian

On the way to office, I see the V3 being tested almost everyday. Saw it enter a factory (OEM supplier ??) called Siddheshwar industries, followed by its little cousin Nano. So I guess OEM's are testing out their stuff right now.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:10   #179
BHPian

@ AMTAK, well sorry dude we are not going to see any chrome handles but as TEDDY BEAR said its going to be body colored. most important the top grille does NOT have any chrome on it like the existing vehicle has ( 4 strips around its fornt logo) and the one before that which had just a chrome smile.its going to be plain normal grille. auguest 15th aug. is the launch so they better have all NC's (non-comformites) closed!

well ladies and gentlemen,
tata's going to launch its MUV called the tata indicruz,based on the indica sapphire platform,as indigo and marina based on indica platform. the indicruz has a shape almost like an Innova smooth curves going to have a lot of goodies hope this car works for them unlike the sumo grande.
its launch is dec.this year or jan.09 i think it'll be with MnM (mahindra) Ingineo which is also an MUV. will update you all about the indicruz.

Last edited by Zappo : 30th July 2008 at 18:10. Reason: Posts merged. Dont make back to back posts. Use the multiquote button to respond to multiple posts. Use EDIT button to change content in the 1st 20 mins.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:23   #180
BHPian

Kewl.
So that makes the launch only a fortnight away.
Is this confirmed news paddy77?
Can you reconfirm the reliability of the source: dealership, company official?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks