Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2008, 17:28   #256
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy77 View Post
guys hope till now everybody knows that my very close relative (vcr) works in ERC (engg. and research) so all updates about the TML vehicles are absolutely true.

tez buddy its the X1 sedan for sure yes it was wrapped in a black cover (read-masking) with masking tapes on the logo.

@ indivic and deepak here are your specs for indica safire--(mind you no VGT buddy)
Capacity 1,248cc
Number of Cylinders
4 Number of Valves
16 Bore x Stroke
69.6mm x 82mm Maximum Power
75bhp @ 4,000rpm Maximum Torque
190Nm @ 2,000rpm Fuel Distribution
Common rail Air Charging System
Fixed geometry turbo charger with intercooler Emission
BS-III Fuel Injection System
Common rail multi injection @ 1,400 bar Drive Train
DOHC Oil Filter
Green oil filter
guys will get back to you as soon as i get the next update about the engine.no idea about the petrol engines sorry about that.

NOTE TO MODS'-can i use the abbrevation VCR for (very close relative) in my posts hence forth?
power and torque seem to be exactly as swift-D's. Can we expect the same levels of FE? i guess swift also works on 1400 bar as injection pressure.
Old 4th August 2008, 17:32   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
now that so many fiat engines are going to come in Indica bodies, I think it will be pretty hard for Fiat cars to sell on their build quality alone.
Or will the royalties from the powerplant sales offset the revenue reduction in car sales
Why worry about FIAT's financial health? Just drive the cars (or, in this case, the engines). Let them worry about their revenues.
Old 4th August 2008, 17:33   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Are you sure about these figures? 190nm from a 1.2 litre Petrol Engine???? Thats 1.5 litre Common Rail territory - that cannot be right. You're probably quoting 1.3 litre MJD figures as Saffire (which is Petrol) figures.
steer buddy those specs were only about DIESEL-if u read them carefully below those specs i've mentioned no idea about the petrol engines.

its about the X1 sedan-new chrome grille coming up-will have 6 chrome strips around the logo.same like the existing indica which have 4 -and 2 full sized 1 above and below the logo.

and about the new safari FL (face lift)- going to have new chrome insert on the stepping foot board looks pretty neat, i guess indians love chrome but what about the scratches it'll suffer? anyway who cares?

Last edited by Zappo : 4th August 2008 at 18:01. Reason: No back-to-back posts within the 1st 20 minutes please. Use the Edit button, if required.
Old 4th August 2008, 17:47   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy77 View Post
steer buddy those specs were only about DIESEL-if u read them carefully below those specs i've mentioned no idea about the petrol engines.
Thanks for the clarification, but you did mention these were specs for the Indica Saffire, which as we've been told here is the Petrol version.

This new Safari facelift - does it get the a/c vents integrated in the roof moulding + ORVM mounted turn indicators and other such goodies displayed at the Auto Expo, or is it only the chrome trim on the footboard?
Old 4th August 2008, 19:42   #260
Senior - BHPian

some more pics of V3
Attached Thumbnails
The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-v31.jpg  

The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-v32.jpg  

The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-v33.jpg  

The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-v34.jpg  

Old 4th August 2008, 19:53   #261
BHPian

Wheel arches are still far from Swift.
Old 4th August 2008, 19:58   #262
Team-BHP Support

This Indica is more of an eggshell kind of design IMO. And it gives me a mixed feeling. From some angles it feels like a Matiz/Spark, Estillo kind of a thing and yet from another angle (the second photo Tushky posted) it reminds me of the Innova. Strange.

By the way, saw that huge Towing hook poking out of the front bumper? I wonder how many times this test mule would have broken down. Moreover, even the regulation chrome strip on the bonnet line (the milk moustache or whatever you like calling it) is missing making me wonder how many times that bonnet would have probably been opened causing that chrome lip to have fallen off.

EDIT: I also have a feeling that the quality of the ORVMs have also gone down by a notch. By quality I mean the earliest design was one chunky, solid one. They cut corners with the 2007 design in which the ORVMs were smaller and also badly designed in comparison (two joined pieces to form the cover rather than one moulded piece). Now it looks even flimsier to me.

Last edited by Zappo : 4th August 2008 at 20:01.
Old 4th August 2008, 20:23   #263
Senior - BHPian

The build quality looks definitely better, especially the shutlines.
Old 4th August 2008, 23:25   #264
BHPian

3rd pic gives me a weird feeling that the indigo based on this will be better than what we have right now.
Old 5th August 2008, 00:13   #265
BHPian

the rear bumper is a copy from Spark. Side-profile looks good to me but the front somehow does not impress me so much.

It will still be interesting for many I guess.
Old 5th August 2008, 00:34   #266
SuperSyn

Tata have done what I thought would be nearly impossible to do: They have made the Indica look ugly. Hats off to these guys. Inhouse talent showing its caliber.

Old 5th August 2008, 06:57   #267
Senior - BHPian

Whats all this?

The all new Indica Vista (V3). Launch on 23rd August!-nonsense-indica.jpg

Pre-production batch excuse.

Whats this obsession with high waistlines. Mr Tata's designers doesn't look like having taken inspiration from cars.

I hope to see the Current Indica continuing to sell for years to come, after all it was I.D.E.A at work.

First it was the Sumo, then it was this, the triple treat will be the Safari (Hopefully to uglify that, they wont take any styling cues from the handsome Xenon)
Old 5th August 2008, 07:50   #268
BHPian

Truck maker

Still looking at it, feeling of it is Truck Maker's baby don't go away.
I think TATA needs fresh batch of GETs to think in CARish way.
Old 5th August 2008, 09:45   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
This Indica is more of an eggshell kind of design IMO. And it gives me a mixed feeling. From some angles it feels like a Matiz/Spark,
Exactly are my thoughts. Though the photos taken at auto-expo does n't look like Matiz may be because the photo was taken at an angle.
Old 5th August 2008, 10:01   #270
Senior - BHPian

Saw Indica V3, without any hiding in Shivaji Hoc Soc SB road Pune. An elderly person (Wearing TATA motors shirt and was upper middle class like person) driving it to home probably. I dint follow it as I was in hurry. It was a silver car and had a good road presence. I will say from behind many people will mis judge it as Ford fusion. The headlights look very aggressive but to me they do not go well with the rest of the car rather car's dimensions.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed