Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2016, 01:42   #211
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
This is really surprising

Of so many of us here - none has brought the style plus diesel variant home?!?!?

Looks like I will have to take the leap of faith!!
Have you taken the leap of faith? :P
I've heard that the ride isn't that sorted, but how bad is it compared to a Multi Link setup?
Old 23rd June 2016, 06:17   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
Have you taken the leap of faith? :P

I've heard that the ride isn't that sorted, but how bad is it compared to a Multi Link setup?

Well almost.

By the time I took the leap the car at the dealership was sold. Booked one and should be available by the weekend. Will pick it up next week. Anyone in Pune who can help with the PDI?

Though in the meantime the confidence on buying a Skoda again has shaken up quiet a bit. My Laura's air conditioning has gone for a toss again and the dealership has detected a faulty compressor. This is the second time this has gone kaput in past six years. Last time it was changed under goodwill warranty and this time the dealership has given a repair estimate of 1.25 lacs!!

The same dealership had given the cars valuation at 3.5 lacs (before the compressor developed a problem). I do not understand how does a car's compressor goes bad so easily. Of all the cars we've owned in the past 30 odd years - this is the only one which has had problems with the compressor.

This time after keeping the car with them for over 12 days - I sent it to a local repair guy who identified the problem with an electronic switch which comes with the compressor. Hopefully will get the price estimate of the same today. According to him all should be sorted under 20k. Fingers crossed!!
Old 29th June 2016, 11:00   #213
BHPian

Has anyone tried the vcds vag com cable on the new Octavia?
Old 26th August 2016, 19:26   #214
BHPian

Is it possible to install navigation for 1.8 Tsi style plus. I know I can connect through android, but what about people who have iPhone.
Old 26th August 2016, 20:17   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone tried the vcds vag com cable on the new Octavia?
Samyak, just check briskoda which is full of adaptations for the Octavia III. :-)

They should all work for our cars.
Old 26th August 2016, 20:20   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Is it possible to install navigation for 1.8 Tsi style plus. I know I can connect through android, but what about people who have iPhone.
Sygic? Paid of course!
Old 4th December 2016, 14:42   #217
BHPian

Hi guys, Owns a Rapid now, Planning to upgrade to Octavia Ambient Plus TDI DSG. Please comment and suggest if there is anything which i need to know before buying. Will there be a facelift or something soon ? Where as in international there is a facelift up coming.
Old 5th December 2016, 02:46   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Hi guys, Owns a Rapid now, Planning to upgrade to Octavia Ambient Plus TDI DSG. Please comment and suggest if there is anything which i need to know before buying. Will there be a facelift or something soon ? Where as in international there is a facelift up coming.
It's Skoda - there is going to be something new every year!

From what I've read - there is an exciting vRS in the making, the Facelift of course, and even a black edition on the anvil which sounds like a tamed down vRS.
Old 3rd May 2021, 09:25   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A noob question : what's the difference between the anniversary edition and style plus variant?
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Identical to each other. Originally introduced as a limited 'Anniversary' edition but now permanently established as the 'Style Plus'.
In Style plus variants from 2015-2017, a limited-slip differential feature available? I understand this is available with the anniversary edition. The other difference is 8 vs 6 airbags (Style plus)...any style plus owners confirm the availability of LSD in their car pls?

Last edited by Surprise : 3rd May 2021 at 09:26.
Old 3rd May 2021, 10:48   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
In Style plus variants from 2015-2017, a limited-slip differential feature available? I understand this is available with the anniversary edition. The other difference is 8 vs 6 airbags (Style plus)...any style plus owners confirm the availability of LSD in their car pls?
Hi Surprise, as far as i know, there is no LSD in any variant of the 1.8 Octavia. LSD exists only in the vRS models, and that too as below:

vRS230: XDS+ electronic locking differential: works via brake vectoring, or braking the inner spinning wheel. https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...l-drive_5-jpg/

vRS245: Electronic limited slip differential, or VAQ which is a Haldex torque-sensing multi-plate limited-slip differential
Old 3rd May 2021, 11:26   #221
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Surprise, as far as i know, there is no LSD in any variant of the 1.8 Octavia. LSD exists only in the vRS models, and that too as below:

vRS230: XDS+ electronic locking differential: works via brake vectoring, or braking the inner spinning wheel. https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...l-drive_5-jpg/

vRS245: Electronic limited slip differential, or VAQ which is a Haldex torque-sensing multi-plate limited-slip differential
The XDS (brake torque vectoring) is present in most VAG cars with ESP. I can confirm that my polo GT TSI has it, so I'm sure that the 1.8 TSI DSG would also have it.
Old 3rd May 2021, 12:00   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

https://www.carwale.com/skoda-cars/o...nniversary-le/

Thanks. I got the details from the above link..I have my doubts about the traction control and LSD features then.

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManua...nersManual.pdf

From the online manual available for Octavia
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-screenshot-20210503-9.15.31-am.png  

Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-screenshot-20210503-11.57.02-am.png  

Old 3rd May 2021, 12:24   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The XDS (brake torque vectoring) is present in most VAG cars with ESP. I can confirm that my polo GT TSI has it, so I'm sure that the 1.8 TSI DSG would also have it.
Sure, it has XDS which intelligently applies brakes to the inner wheel to aid exiting from fast corners. But it is in no way comparable to a Limited Slip Differential (LSD) which is what Surprise has asked about. The full fledged VAQ LSD is available ONLY on the vRS245 & Polo GTI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Thanks. I got the details from the above link..I have my doubts about the traction control and LSD features then.
From the online manual available for Octavia
Carwale is notoriously delinquent with car specs. Again, the Skoda owner manuals are also not 'Indianized', and contain myriad features which are not present in the India variant. However, the 1.8 TSI Style + definitely had ESC and Traction Control
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 14:47   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Sure, it has XDS which intelligently applies brakes to the inner wheel to aid exiting from fast corners. But it is in no way comparable to a Limited Slip Differential (LSD) which is what Surprise has asked about. The full fledged VAQ LSD is available ONLY on the vRS245 & Polo GTI.

Polo GTI also doesn't have VAQ. Only vw product in India with a VAQ is the vRS245.

Since XDS works for the same result like one, it is often compared to an LSD.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 12:28   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4221686 (2017 Skoda Octavia facelift spotted testing in India. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 15.49 lakh)

We discussed about limited slip differential....in the above thread, brochure of Octavia was attached where it has got tick mark against electronic slip differential for all the three models ...wondering about anti slip regulation and motor speed regulation applicability, got this here - https://www.skoda.com.sg/why-skoda/safety
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-1.jpeg  

Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks