Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2015, 08:10   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

Separately, they continue to be absolutely confident that the paddle shifts are ONLY on the Diesel version, and not on the Petrol 1.8 Elegance. Has anyone seen the 1.8 Style edn and can confirm this either way?
Paddle shifts on the 1.8tsi is Confirmed. Motor_breathing's car is at the dealer's yard, and he has confirmed that the steering wheel is from the superb.
Old 30th September 2015, 09:27   #92
BHPian

Re: Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched

Managed to get few pics yesterday.
Sorry for the pic quality, i use a very low end phone and camera is hopeless as expected
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-img_20150928_151134350.jpg  

Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-img_20150928_151309063.jpg  

Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-img_20150928_151328374_hdr.jpg  

motor_breathing is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 11:13   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
Sorry for the pic quality, i use a very low end phone and camera is hopeless as expected
In the third pic, from what I can see, they have increased the size of the screen too! Is it the columbus system?
Old 30th September 2015, 11:18   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
In the third pic, from what I can see, they have increased the size of the screen too! Is it the columbus system?
Nope. It is the Bolero but with a larger screen for the Smartlink support. I suppose the Bolero HU comes with 2 sizes.

Probably the one on this video:

Had it been the Columbus, the top-right button would have read NAV but this one says SETUP. Pic zoomed in:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 3354
Size:  511.0 KB

This is the Columbus:

Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-maxresdefault.jpg
Source: Google Images

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th September 2015 at 14:33. Reason: Added source.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 11:47   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Its a Bolero unit only not Columbus. Some how in the pic its looking slightly bigger than it actually is.
motor_breathing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 12:20   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the Anniversary Editions will now have the new 6.5" Bolero as compared to the 5.8" screen earlier. See the link and highlighted bits:

http://www.automotiveworld.com/news-...-eco-friendly/

"Fantastic connectivity solutions are also available for the Octavia, Rapid/Rapid Spaceback and Yeti as part of the 2016 facelift. These models will come with SmartLink upon request, covering the standards MirrorLinkTM, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. SmartGate is also available as an option for the Octavia, Rapid/Rapid Spaceback and Yeti.

The Octavia will feature the Bolero and Amundsen infotainment systems with larger, higher resolution screens: the displays have increased in size from 5.8 to 6.5 inches – 800×480 resolution. In addition, the Columbus infotainment-navigation system can be operated from the back, again using the specifically designed app."

Unsure why Skoda India is not milking the bigger screen and the Android Auto / Apple CarPlay compatibility more. This could be a real cherry on the cake for their target buyers. With this addition the Octavia is now quite future-proof for the next 5 years at least. It has everything in terms of safety, comfort & features and looks. Now only (huge) cons remain that pesky gearbox and the service experience!

Last edited by itwasntme : 30th September 2015 at 12:29. Reason: Formatting
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 14:15   #97
BHPian

Holy guacamole! The anniversary edition costs 27L+ on road in Bangalore?

I was under the impression these were selling at about 22L. I definitely need to spend more time on TBhp. Glad I didn't walk into the showroom and make a fool of myself.

I am sure it's definitely worth the money but just my personal view is I wouldn't plonk 27 on a Skoda.

If this is the case, has the Superb touched BMW 3 series territory? I wonder how that's working out for Skoda.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 17:14   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you ask your dealer to send you some pictures of the interior? And put an end to the misery of screen size.
Old 2nd October 2015, 01:06   #99

Cancelled my Hyundai creta booking (don't ask me why. Wife loved it and I hated it) and once I heard about this car just put the foot down n booked the blue 1.8 TSI 😊 to the guys who are on the fence well it's got 8 airbags, 180 horses, a 590L trunk not to mention that crazy sound system... That's A4 n C class safety n performance specs at half the freakin' price not to mention it is petrol which is now great for the environment and free from recall
Old 3rd October 2015, 19:56   #100
BHPian

Got the car today. Screen picture attached
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-1443882363453.jpg  

motor_breathing is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 21:51   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the car today. Screen picture attached
Even more confusing. Looks same size to me.
Old 4th October 2015, 07:53   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Even more confusing. Looks same size to me.
Agree. Motor_breathing, when convenient will you measure the diagonal screen size?

Is it still 5.8" or 6.5" now?
Old 4th October 2015, 13:01   #103
Senior - BHPian

It is definitely bigger, now that I notice the smaller bezel. Must be to accommodate RVC with PDC display. Also does it support CarPlay? A pic of the steering will also be helpful to us potential 'swappers'. Do the number plate lights come with LED bulbs?
Old 4th October 2015, 13:52   #104
BHPian

Diagonal is 6.3 ish.. So may be its 6.5. Mirror link, carplay etc supported as per manual, but i doubt i will ever use it!! Steering pic attached. Cd player and sunglass holder is deleted.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia gets a new "Style Plus" variant; Anniversary Edition launched-1443946935758.jpg  

motor_breathing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 14:04   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Diagonal is 6.3 ish.. So may be its 6.5. Mirror link, carplay etc supported as per manual, but i doubt i will ever use it!! Steering pic attached. Cd player and sunglass holder is deleted.
You mean there is no Cd player in the glove box?? Sun glass holder was never present.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks